MLS Kits 2024

kylonian

Looks like SKC got back to the argyle (sort of), but the clear winner of that lot, to me, is Real Salt Lake, and it's not even close.

IF MLS sides—or MLS itself—cared anything about brand continuity, that would be a stripe n' ridge design they could build on, keep around, and stake an identity on. (Much like SKC with the argyle, or the state line stripe from years back, or Philly with the centered Broad Street stripe—which I see the kit about tried to call back to, but not in a good way—but alas.)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

23 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Does the green on the Sounders shirt really not match the green on the new crest? If so, yikes.

Either way they aren’t getting my money as long as Providence is the sponsor.

It could be a case of EA Sports just using the previous color palette and not adjusting it to match the new logo. It could also be a case of the uniform being decided ahead of the logo change. 

13 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

One of these years, MLS and adidas will move away from having to give every kit a name and it will be a great day. “We chose to add a red stripe across the shirt because it looked good” is much better than “The Bloodline Kit” or whatever other garbage they come up with.

Unfortunately that ship is staying in the harbor as long as adidas and Nike control the major sports in the United States. 

14 hours ago, Dexatron19 said:

After sitting on it for a day, I like it as a Charlotte fan. I like it.

The "probable" nods to the Blue Ridge Mountains as the main design. While it doesn't scream Charlotte, it always seems like the primary kit is a nod to the Carolinas as a whole and the Secondary kits is something to do with the city. 

That kit is one of the few times that the requirement to have the backs be plain sucks. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The ATLUTD fan pages are starting to say the new away kit will be inspired by the City of Atlanta flag. Has anybody else heard this outside of facebook?

And the worst kept secret in the 2024 batch of MLS kits is official  Miami's new pink primary kit:

• Eyeroll 1
Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

14 hours ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

More leaks 

First, I am superglad that none of the leaked kits feature the centered sponsors and logos 😉

I love that Charlotte FC mountain ridge theme. I hope it turns out well.

I don't like the Real Salt Lake one at all. It looks like a very bad fan design. Mountains? Good. Stripes? Good. Mountains and stripes? Hell no.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TacoCat83 said:

The irony that RSL is basically going to wear a part of Colorado's crest on their jersey is hilarious.

Not only that, but they're also doubling down on mixing the Real Madrid-cribbed name with the Barcelona color scheme. Blech.

15 minutes ago, hereandthere said:

I don't like the Real Salt Lake one at all. It looks like a very bad fan design. Mountains? Good. Stripes? Good. Mountains and stripes? Hell no.

I think the way they handled the mountain + stripe thing juuust about works... but for me, the contrast raglan sleeves are the one extra element that's simply too much going on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GeauxColonels said:

I’m truly curious, does anyone like the centered, stacked logo design? I’ve never been a fan.

For the centered logos to work, it has to make sense with the rest of the design. It doesn’t work on the new Miami shirt IMO because the centered logos are essentially the only design element. The centered logos work on the leaked Timbers and Union shirts:

spacer.png

spacer.png

In the Timbers’ case, the centered logos work because they’re flanked by the tree design on either side. For the Union, they work because they’re part of the center stripe design (also a return to “tradition” for them). A couple other similar examples from Adidas where the centered logos make sense IMO:

spacer.png
spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, GeauxColonels said:

I’m truly curious, does anyone like the centered, stacked logo design? I’ve never been a fan.

It works for teams with smaller crests and no stars, but I'm not really a fan of stacking everything. For Miami it looks even worse because they're only using the Royal Carribean logo instead of the wordmark. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, BlazerBlaze said:

The ATLUTD fan pages are starting to say the new away kit will be inspired by the City of Atlanta flag. Has anybody else heard this outside of facebook?

This is what I heard from someone who knew people involved in the reveal material. Colors are white, blue, yellow - not sure which color is the most prevelant, but sounds like blue from what others have hinted at. 

1 hour ago, ATLJ said:

This is what I heard from someone who knew people involved in the reveal material. Colors are white, blue, yellow - not sure which color is the most prevelant, but sounds like blue from what others have hinted at. 

I can live with the White/Blue/Yellow ONLY if it has a phoenix. If they don't do a phoenix it's going to miss the mark like the City in The Forest Kits did. If RSL can have a custom Mtn/Old School Bears graphic, we can have a fire bird.  

• Like 1
Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

The worst part about the new Inter Miami kit is that the sponsor mark, which takes up all the oxygen, is too minimalist and looks too much like a sports logo. 

I had to Google what it is. Royal Carribean? Would have had no idea. 

That kind of defeats the purpose. 

Anybody expecting anything outlandish with Miami should probably temper their expectations. David Beckham has a big hand in the look of the team, and judging by his episode of Career in Shirts, this is a guy who is not going to rock the boat in terms of design.

Apart from not being able to decide on a consistent shade of pink, this is a guy who has a firm idea of what the team should look like and that look is pretty othodox with a novel colour combo doing the work. Even the new third looks to be "What if the Dolphins played Association Football instead of Gridiron?"

3 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

The worst part about the new Inter Miami kit is that the sponsor mark, which takes up all the oxygen, is too minimalist and looks too much like a sports logo. 

I had to Google what it is. Royal Carribean? Would have had no idea. 

That kind of defeats the purpose. 

I mean, it got you to search for Royal Caribbean and then share it on a forum. I’m pretty sure that’s exactly the purpose.

Google can now target you with Royal Caribbean ads, and whether you like this fact or not, you are now statistically more likely to go on a Royal Caribbean cruise.

21 hours ago, GeauxColonels said:

I agree with you. Personally, I can’t stand when a soccer club’s badge, the uniform manufacturer’s logo, and a sponsor’s insignia are all stacked in the center of the kit.

I much prefer that the club’s  crest be positioned on the upper left chest of the jersey - over the heart.  A tastefully-sized  manufacturer’s label - not so large as to distract from the club badge - can then occupy the space on the upper right chest. And the now ubiquitous sponsor’s mark - again, one would hope not too garish - can be positioned in the center of the jersey’s chest.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BlazerBlaze said:

I can live with the White/Blue/Yellow ONLY if it has a phoenix. If they don't do a phoenix it's going to miss the mark like the City in The Forest Kits did. If RSL can have a custom Mtn/Old School Bears graphic, we can have a fire bird.  

From what I am hearing, there WILL be a phoenix involved. I know Atlanta has had misses with their aways (I've yet to buy an away), but I thought the recent home was good so hopefully they'll produce something nice.