MLS Kits 2024

kylonian

2 hours ago, WBeltz said:

They seem to like playing Real Madrid or River Plate cosplay. 

I wouldn't call it cosplay if it uses the colours of Boca Juniors.

Temcula-FC-NPSL-Team-2015.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Now that's a So Cal soccer club playing River Plate cosplay.

2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

My wish: white shirt with primary logo in standard colorway.

My fear: Peach base from head to toe.

I would love the Peach but that's just me. 

I know there's a large portion of the fanbase that wants a MARTA themed version but I'm afraid that would end up looking like Cincy. 

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

I just need Atlanta to put out a normal looking away kit at some point. It’s wild to me the club is going into its eighth season and has put out wild designs with each version. I’d love for them to put out a simple white kit with red/black/gold details. Or a variant of that (white with only black/gold or white with red/gold).

Alternate kits to date (I’ll include both away and thirds)

2017 - gray kit with pinkish red trim

2018/19 - white with peach, perhaps one of their stronger away designs

2020/21 - white with gold, fine in theory but couldn’t see any details or read the numbers on TV, could have been so much better

2021 - “Unity” third kit with maroon, orange, black

2022/23 - pale green with darker green trim

2023 - “404” third kit, black with neon blue, green, and white.

Also, all of the above kits have featured a monochrome badge. None of them have used the regular badge in the club’s standard colors. I know that’s a common design trend these days, but it seems wild they haven’t had a single alternate kit with the standard badge.

The purported leak of the Timbers’ new secondary kit has been making the rounds again the last few days, so I decided to try and recreate it and see what it would look like with their new sponsor logo:

spacer.png

It still isn’t confirmed that this will end up being legit, but I strongly believe it will be. The Timbers’ new anthem jacket for this year seems to have the two shades of green seen on the kit:

spacer.png

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The purported leak of the Timbers’ new secondary kit has been making the rounds again the last few days, so I decided to try and recreate it and see what it would look like with their new sponsor logo:

spacer.png

It still isn’t confirmed that this will end up being legit, but I strongly believe it will be. The Timbers’ new anthem jacket for this year seems to have the two shades of green seen on the kit:

spacer.png

I don't hate it, actually. It's giving me vibes from the nature theming that Adidas ran with for the 2023 Women's World Cup. The Timbers might end up with the best looking set of kits for the upcoming season.

• Like 6

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

15 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

This could be really nice. Would have been even nicer with the old Alaska Airlines sponsor 😉

15 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

In general, I hate having the manufacturer's mark, crest and sponsor logo stacked, but this is a design that actually makes it work. 

• Like 3

Anyway, the MLS 2024 kits will be the last to use the WC2022 Adidas template, which for me gave us some of the best kits from Adidas in the last 10-15 years (Roma, Celtic, Mexico, Japan, the WWC2023 away set, some of the MLS2034...) .

Looking forward to see these last 29. 

• Like 1

all-adidas-2024-mls-third-kits%20(9).jpg

all-adidas-2024-mls-third-kits%20(8).jpg

If this is the actual Galaxy third I'm a little disappointed. I'd prefer they add the jagged line pattern from the originals.

ike-las-hgalaxy+%25281%2529.jpg

This was also a good chance to go with the trefoil adidas logo, like will be used with their top tier European teams next season.

• Love 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

16 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

With the addition of the 3rd kit for PDX as well. I'm excited for what looks to be the first season in a while that there won't be a kit color clash for Cascadia Cup matches.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

all-adidas-2024-mls-third-kits%20(9).jpg

all-adidas-2024-mls-third-kits%20(8).jpg

If this is the actual Galaxy third I'm a little disappointed. I'd prefer they add the jagged line pattern from the originals.

ike-las-hgalaxy+%25281%2529.jpg

This was also a good chance to go with the trefoil adidas logo, like will be used with their top tier European teams next season.

OKay, so while this name across the front for the 3rd kits is fun and I very much like it. There's a huge issue which these boards (and MLS hipsters) will riot at. Where's the main sponsor logo going? There's a 0% that Royal Caribbean just gave Miami that much money to not be on the Miami vice colored shirt at all.  Feel like this might be a butt logo situation coming. 

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

1 minute ago, BlazerBlaze said:

OKay, so while this name across the front for the 3rd kits is fun and I very much like it. There's a huge issue which these boards (and MLS hipsters) will riot at. Where's the main sponsor logo going? There's a 0% that Royal Caribbean just gave Miami that much money to not be on the Miami vice colored shirt at all.  Feel like this might be a butt logo situation coming. 

It will be under the numbers on the back, similar to when the league started.

la-galaxy-jersey-1996-long-sleeve_1_625b

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

This year’s anthem jackets and travel gear are slowly starting to appear on MLS Store/Fanatics. One interesting one so far is Orlando, which hints at then incorporating red into their new away kit:

spacer.png

I would expect the shirt to still be primarily white, but with some red and purple accents.

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Was able to find this clip from last year’s preseason town hall for the Timbers:

Certainly lends some more credibility to the away kit leak and also hints at the retro inspiration for the upcoming third kit.

*If you don’t wanna watch the clip, CEO Heather Davis is asked about future kit designs. She says for 2024 there will be a nature/environmental-themed kit in partnership with the Nature Conservancy and that there might be an opportunity to honor some Timbers history as well.

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

This year’s anthem jackets and travel gear are slowly starting to appear on MLS Store/Fanatics. One interesting one so far is Orlando, which hints at then incorporating red into their new away kit:

spacer.png

I would expect the shirt to still be primarily white, but with some red and purple accents.

FINALLY! I've been wanting them to incorporate red into the aways for a long time now. I'm happy just being a purple/gold team with the homes, but red is a big part of the team's USL history and should be around in some form.

• Like 2

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Couple leaks - both appear to be replicas

Further confirmation of LAFC

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

Looks like a similar story to last year - from the front, these look good, not so much from the back with the one colour back. If the issue was number legibility, then MLS needs to either come up with a new name and number font(s) that work with stripes, hoops, and the Footyheadlines.com defination of subtle and also work with outlines, or allow teams to use their own fonts.

• Like 1