MLS Kits 2024

kylonian

14 hours ago, ChrisCan said:

I mean, it got you to search for Royal Caribbean and then share it on a forum. I’m pretty sure that’s exactly the purpose.

Google can now target you with Royal Caribbean ads, and whether you like this fact or not, you are now statistically more likely to go on a Royal Caribbean cruise.

Sound point, but to be entirely accurate I searched "who is Inter Miami's kit sponsor 2024" and then left it at that. 

• Like 1

Chicago Fire have denied the Footy Headlines leak, and have continued teasing FH ever since:

But in actual news, they've set a date for the jersey reveal:

• LOL 5

The Whitecaps new jersey looks to be such a letdown. It feels like a boilerplate design for a team celebrating their XX(X) number of seasons, with the dark base colour and monochrome look with the inevitable gold trim. It feels like a jersey by numbers, like the designers just checked off the boxes one afternoon.

Random thought, but I wonder why Adidas has yet to do bespoke pre-match shirts for MLS. I know it's not their tip-top league or national team that they're the supplier for, but you'd think they'd try and grow their MLS revenue a little more.

It's especially puzzling because the special pre-match shirts that they do (i.e. Juneteenth, 4th of July, Childhood Cancer, Pride, etc.) seem to be pretty popular among fans. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

27 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

Random thought, but I wonder why Adidas has yet to do bespoke pre-match shirts for MLS. I know it's not their tip-top league or national team that they're the supplier for, but you'd think they'd try and grow their MLS revenue a little more.

It's especially puzzling because the special pre-match shirts that they do (i.e. Juneteenth, 4th of July, Childhood Cancer, Pride, etc.) seem to be pretty popular among fans. 

I think they (adidas) don't want to put in the work. It's why they use 1-3 templates instead of the entire catalog when designing uniforms. It's also much easier to create 4-6 special one off designs that get used by everyone than to have each team have their own prematch shirts. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

So, we're missing the following from the leaks:

Chicago Fire (although it seems pretty much a lock in for the return of red + hoop)

St. Louis CITY 

Minnesota United

Portland Timbers (Another lock based off mocks)

Atlanta United (description, no full picture)

Dallas (no hints)

Houston 

Columbus Crew

Any missing from that list?

5 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

portland-timbers-2024-third-kit%20(5).jp

Reportedly, Portland's third will feature this throwback logo. 

Nope. It won’t feature that color scheme, either. Based on what I know, it’ll feature their original NASL logo and a retro chest wordmark. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Nope. It won’t feature that color scheme, either. Based on what I know, it’ll feature their original NASL logo and a retro chest wordmark. 

I was wondering why they were using a crest that was only used for a few seasons in the early naughties, one without an axe and that is pretty obscure and few wanted it to make an appearance. Guess Footyheadlines were as full of :censored: as a toilet at a music festival on the second day.

• LOL 1

5 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

I was wondering why they were using a crest that was only used for a few seasons in the early naughties, one without an axe and that is pretty obscure and few wanted it to make an appearance. Guess Footyheadlines were as full of :censored: as a toilet at a music festival on the second day.

I think for some reason they thought that was the oldest crest in the Timbers’ history lol.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 2024-01-31 at 3:34 PM, GriffinM6 said:

I suspect they just don't sell a ton of MLS merchandise even compared with their B-tier teams internationally. If third kits used to sell so poorly that they're only just coming back after a 10-year hiatus, and the league/Adidas has still resisted the temptation to do anything more than a single new jersey per year for each team. Would love to see the sales numbers leak sometime for MLS teams and teams internationally to compare. (The holiday/charity ones are easy, since the expensive and logistically difficult parts are the same and it's just the printing (cheap and quick) that has to change between teams.)

Adidas has certainly been investing more creativity and bespoke-ness into its designs for MLS these last couple years, with the leaks from this year suggesting this might be the best yet, so we'll see if that also prompts a wider bloom of more merchandising. 

• Like 1

Dallas' new home kit has leaked. It's just the back, but it seems obvious it's trying to evoke the Texas flag. Not a big fan of the way they did it. It reminds me of those dumb mid-2000s Nike college football jerseys.

fc%20dallas%202024%20kit%20(3).jpg

70trump0510-001.jpg

ghows-LK-b87b284e-ea66-40d2-a987-0d2930d

• LOL 2
  • Facepalm 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

3 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Dallas' new home kit has leaked. It's just the back, but it seems obvious it's trying to evoke the Texas flag. Not a big fan of the way they did it. It reminds me of those dumb mid-2000s Nike college football jerseys.

70trump0510-001.jpg

Their 2019 version of the kit was better. That was red with the blue sleeves and white collarbone area.

On 2/1/2024 at 5:50 PM, GriffinM6 said:

70trump0510-001.jpg

Dear LORD I remember how AWFUL those jerseys were.  Wasn't it something like only four teams wore a design like that?

• Like 1