MLS Kits 2024

kylonian

In general I like the occasional use of minimal, alternate logos on some of these jerseys (i.e. last year's aways for LAFC and Minnesota), but I don't think Toronto's is strong or interesting enough to use in this way. And the graphic just looks like a big shrug of a design. Glad to see the red trim back but I'd like to see more of their charcoal as a tertiary color too, maybe pairing this with charcoal shorts for a change?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

img_9609-1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=8e6f4a11c0

Toronto FC change leaked, with crest consisting of the TFC lettering from their Academy logo inside the shield shape from their current badge, and with a Footyheadlines defination of Subtle graphic on the front.

Sometimes simple is better. I dig it

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TacoCat83 said:

Sometimes simple is better. I dig it

Sometimes simple is just too simple, and in this case it is.

2 hours ago, Digby said:

In general I like the occasional use of minimal, alternate logos on some of these jerseys (i.e. last year's aways for LAFC and Minnesota), but I don't think Toronto's is strong or interesting enough to use in this way. And the graphic just looks like a big shrug of a design. Glad to see the red trim back but I'd like to see more of their charcoal as a tertiary color too, maybe pairing this with charcoal shorts for a change?

The Loon and the winged LA are pretty strong on their own and the main focus of the main logo. In the case of Toronto, the T in the main crest isn't overwhelmingly the focus of the crest, so the TFC isn't on the same level.

It's not bad by any means, just underwhelming.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Potential Sounders and Whitecaps leaks...

Bummed that the green looks basically the same for Seattle. Not totally sold on these pinstripes, either... It's totally fine on paper and I really appreciate that a storied team wants a more classic design, but I can't put my finger on why this particular jersey doesn't quite work for me. Same goes for that pinstriped LAFC leak also... They both just look off somehow.

I really like the use of the original logo for Vancouver, though the rest of the design seems a bit too plain IMO.

• Like 1

A whole bunch of the new shirts leaked, this thread shows them all:

Most interesting thing to me is that the Whitecaps, Earthquakes, and Orlando are all using retro logos on their new away shirts. (The Timbers will be on their upcoming third shirt as well). 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

35 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

That Charlotte look is not gonna go over well with the fans IMO. 

The Charlotte jersey looks good from the front, but it's going to have a solid white back in all likelyhood, which will spoil the design somewhat. And yeah, there is using the lighter shades of blue - I would have hoped that the designers remembered why Charlotte and The Panthers use the shade of blue they do, and why Alexander Julian put those two shades of blue on the first Hornets jerseys.

4 hours ago, vtgco said:

I really like the use of the original logo for Vancouver, though the rest of the design seems a bit too plain IMO.

Given that the Whitecaps have had the band for much of their history, it's strange that for their 50th anniversary they are launching a jersey without one.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, GriffinM6 said:

Really liking the Philly, DC, Colorado, and KC leaks. That Charlotte look is not gonna go over well with the fans IMO. 

I dig it a lot. It reminds me of the Blue Ridge Mountains, and if they pair it with blue shorts I think it'll make for a really nice look. I like it a lot more than our current clash kit, anyway.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

16 minutes ago, sky1324 said:

I dig it a lot. It reminds me of the Blue Ridge Mountains, and if they pair it with blue shorts I think it'll make for a really nice look. I like it a lot more than our current clash kit, anyway.

White shorts and socks can be seen here:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

White shorts and socks can be seen here:

That's a shame. If they were going to go with white shorts they should've at least done blue socks.

• Like 3

the user formerly known as cdclt

overall lots of fun designs, throwbacks and nods.

Looking forward to higher res photos of the authentic ones and how they look on the field/TV coverage.

my favorites

• DC United (modernism-pattern, Ben Olsen - the artist would approve) - would have been ace if they'd made one band/line white across the chest.
  • NY RedBulls MetroStars
  • RSL (including mountain theme, not primarily the "Barcelona" stripes)

Also good ones

• LA Galaxy's "reverse" sash
  • New England Revolution
  • Portland Timbers
  • San Jose Earthquakes throwback
  • Sporting Kansas City (argyle pattern is back)
  • Vancouver Whitecaps (50 year celeberation)
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, vtgco said:

Potential Sounders and Whitecaps leaks...

Bummed that the green looks basically the same for Seattle. Not totally sold on these pinstripes, either... It's totally fine on paper and I really appreciate that a storied team wants a more classic design, but I can't put my finger on why this particular jersey doesn't quite work for me. Same goes for that pinstriped LAFC leak also... They both just look off somehow.

Does the green on the Sounders shirt really not match the green on the new crest? If so, yikes.

Either way they aren’t getting my money as long as Providence is the sponsor.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Facepalm 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 1/27/2024 at 4:20 PM, GriffinM6 said:

Really liking the Philly, DC, Colorado, and KC leaks. That Charlotte look is not gonna go over well with the fans IMO. 

After sitting on it for a day, I like it as a Charlotte fan. I like it.

The "probable" nods to the Blue Ridge Mountains as the main design. While it doesn't scream Charlotte, it always seems like the primary kit is a nod to the Carolinas as a whole and the Secondary kits is something to do with the city. 

Primary: 2022-2023 Carolina Kit | New Kit wouldnt be surprised if they call it the Blue Ridge Kit

Secondary: 2022 season: Minted Kit(Mint City)| 2023-2024 Crown Jewel Kit (Queen City)

• Like 2

One of these years, MLS and adidas will move away from having to give every kit a name and it will be a great day. “We chose to add a red stripe across the shirt because it looked good” is much better than “The Bloodline Kit” or whatever other garbage they come up with.

• Like 3