MLS Kits 2024

kylonian

On 11/27/2023 at 4:51 PM, MDGP said:

United Health (New England) is worth nearly $500 billion, Alaska Airlines (Portland) is the 5th largest airline in North America, Thomas' (Philadelphia) is just a sub brand of Bimbo, the largest bread company in America, American Family Insurance is a multibillion dollar company, and basically every company sponsoring an MLS jersey is a Fortune 500 company

Not being sufficiently well known to you =/= Not well known or extremely profitable

Portland has taken a different route now, replacing Alaska with DaBella, a little-known chain of 46 home-improvement stores. It's a huge downgrade in stature, and likely revenue, but a boon for an entity like DaBella that's looking to raise its profile. 

20 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Portland has taken a different route now, replacing Alaska with DaBella, a little-known chain of 46 home-improvement stores. It's a huge downgrade in stature, and likely revenue, but a boon for an entity like DaBella that's looking to raise its profile. 

Might be a special case, given how radioactive the Timbers have become as an organization. But also, in this corporatized era of the game, kind of a nice throwback. It's like the EPL before the sketchy gambling sites took everything over, when the big teams would be sponsored by massive multinationals but then the lower-table clubs would still rock like, local fuel distribution firms and paint companies.

• Like 5

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Leak of the new Miami home jersey (child’s replica version): 

spacer.png

spacer.png

This leak confirms a few things:

First and most significantly, the new MLS shirts will indeed be using the 2022 World Cup template still. I said it before on here, I personally am not surprised. Adidas will want their new template to be debuted on the Euro and Copa America kits, not the new MLS kits.

Second, Adidas is using a more saturated shade of pink for this new Miami shirt. Will be the third different shade of pink that’s been used for them.

Third, this confirms how the Royal Caribbean logo will look on Miami’s shirts. 

• Love 1
  • LOL 1
  • Hurl 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

First and most significantly, the new MLS shirts will indeed be using the 2022 World Cup template still. I said it before on here, I personally am not surprised. Adidas will want their new template to be debuted on the Euro and Copa America kits, not the new MLS kits.

Second, Adidas is using a more saturated shade of pink for this new Miami shirt. Will be the third different shade of pink that’s been used for them.

It has to be the worst design alignment I've seen since LAFC pyramid 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I like centered crests but this looks bad with the Royal Caribbean logo

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

STOP 👏 CENTERING 👏 CRESTS 👏 AND 👏 MAKERS MARKS

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Why is the club badge so huge? I'd rather they have the wordmark with the logo as well instead of just the anchor logo.

This logo would've been perfectly fine on the front. Also, RC doesn't have some instantly recognizable insignia like Apple or Microsoft. They're dumb for not including a wordmark.  

800px-Royal_Caribbean_Group_logo.svg.png

• Like 2
  • Hurl 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

That centered logo format paired with a plain shirt is not good. Doubly so with the enlarged Adidas logo. Such a shame, that shade of pink looks pretty good.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 12/10/2023 at 2:26 PM, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

So does that mean the LAFC leak is legit? If they are using 2022 WC template for the MLS shirts.

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

So does that mean the LAFC leak is legit? If they are using 2022 WC template for the MLS shirts.

Most likely. Especially since these kits are usually planned out 2 years in advance. 

On 12/11/2023 at 3:02 PM, 4_tattoos said:

I like the new shade of pink. This is the shade they should have been using from day one.

Not feeling the centered badge.

That centered badge will make things painful if there's a championship star involved. It's even worse with MLS Cup branding.

LAFC_MLS_cup_AP23343815415957

And it limits what you can work with unless you place it to the right of the logos.

5472.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 12/10/2023 at 4:49 PM, WBeltz said:

STOP 👏 CENTERING 👏 CRESTS 👏 AND 👏 MAKERS MARKS

I’m terrified to see if they are doing this so they can eventually get away with small ads on both sides. I’ve said it before but it’s worth repeating: fans need to boycott shirt sponsors. It’s the only way we have a chance at getting the stupid genie back in the bottle.

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

8 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

I’m terrified to see if they are doing this so they can eventually get away with small ads on both sides. I’ve said it before but it’s worth repeating: fans need to boycott shirt sponsors. It’s the only way we have a chance at getting the stupid genie back in the bottle.

I don't think centering the badge is just about more ads on the shirts. Liga MX uses up pretty much every inch of space they can without centering badges. I'd expect them to clog up the sleeves and below the numbers before they add secondary logos on the front. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTt6X2XRTHjQrPrUr053-z

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAURAbIciNYL-EY-63XCS

And unless someone threw Saudi insane levels of money, no team in Europe or the Americas is going without shirt sponsors ever again. I'm actually surprised FIFA hasn't done that with national team shirts yet. Chelsea only went without for part of this year because no one was willing to pay what they wanted, until Infinite Athlete did. 

chelsea-fc-2023-24-stadium-away-womens-d

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 2023-12-18 at 9:27 AM, MJWalker45 said:

I don't think centering the badge is just about more ads on the shirts. Liga MX uses up pretty much every inch of space they can without centering badges. I'd expect them to clog up the sleeves and below the numbers before they add secondary logos on the front. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTt6X2XRTHjQrPrUr053-z

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAURAbIciNYL-EY-63XCS

And unless someone threw Saudi insane levels of money, no team in Europe or the Americas is going without shirt sponsors ever again. I'm actually surprised FIFA hasn't done that with national team shirts yet. Chelsea only went without for part of this year because no one was willing to pay what they wanted, until Infinite Athlete did. 

chelsea-fc-2023-24-stadium-away-womens-d

And even Ireland has sold national team jerseys with sponsors on them at retail. Still do on womens jerseys with sky.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske