MLB jerseys

rnewvy9

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm hearing...and I CAN'T say from who...that the Orioles are undecided about what's gonna be on their sleeves and caps next season. A return of the old cartoon bird is rumored, as well as a departure of the bird from the cap, to be replaced by an "O." Who do they think they are, the Angels?

The rumor for the past couple of months is that we're going to go with the black "O" cap we've been giving away for our MasterCard Grand Slam promotion this year and last, along with the 1954 throwback script lettering on the jersey. Also rumored has been putting The Bird back on the alternate cap with the white background and black sides.

But again, just rumors we've been hearing around the office...

Oh, please NO...how is it possible that the O's could make THOSE mistakes? All they need to do to fix the whole damned uniform is put the third, white layer back on ALL letters and numbers, get the front piping back on the jerseys, the swinging bird on the sleeve, and revive the 1966 cap...AND YOU HAVE THE BEST LOOKING UNIFORM SET IN ALL OF BASEBALL! I've been sending these thought waves toward Baltimore for years...WHY DON'T THEY RECEIVE THEM? WHY?

:shocked:

tpoh59's on the right track, but not quite.

Astrobull21...not a new color, not exactly a new logo...

Absolutely NOTHING new with the Cubs. Or, the White Sox.

And, the Marlins' two alts remain the same: Black with Silver lettering trimmed in Black and Teal, and the White pinstriped one with the "F" logo on the left (player's left) side.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the Marlins have been using a custom Metallic Black (?!) textile for the lettering and numbers for the last few seasons.

Anybody know why the Marlins have front #'s on the home and road, but not the black alt? They didn't have one on the teal alt either, which always bothered me.

I actually don't know for sure what's going on with the Angels, but SOMETHING is.

(no more "Anaheim" - just the "Angels")

Pantone, I doubt if you know all the facts on this, but in your opinion, is this just going to be a team imposed thing, or are all Anaheim references going to be officially dropped by Major League Baseball? It just seems very weird in a league where most teams have the city initial on the caps that the Angels would drop the city name all together, especially with the stadium team name contract that they signed with Anaheim. Besides, the Anaheim Angels just has a nice ring to it.

VmWIn6B.png

I actually don't know for sure what's going on with the Angels, but SOMETHING is.

(no more "Anaheim" - just the "Angels")

Pantone, I doubt if you know all the facts on this, but in your opinion, is this just going to be a team imposed thing, or are all Anaheim references going to be officially dropped by Major League Baseball? It just seems very weird in a league where most teams have the city initial on the caps that the Angels would drop the city name all together, especially with the stadium team name contract that they signed with Anaheim. Besides, the Anaheim Angels just has a nice ring to it.

I actually don't know. All I know that in the 2005 Style Guide, they're only referred to as the "Angels". It could be a temporary thing until the whole Anaheim/Los Angeles/California/or whatever mess gets sorted out...I don't know.

I know the guy who designed the current Angels duds...I may give him a call on Monday and see if he knows anything.

youre a trombone too?

same here

Wow, three trombones in this board. That's amazing.

I played for a few years....B=Postition 1..... :D. I was never any good...could never get that high on it.

NO! B is in 4th! Bb is in 1st (or flat 5th)!

*just messing with ya*

VmWIn6B.png

youre a trombone too?

same here

Wow, three trombones in this board. That's amazing.

I played for a few years....B=Postition 1..... :D. I was never any good...could never get that high on it.

NO! B is in 4th! Bb is in 1st (or flat 5th)!

*just messing with ya*

Ah, the memory ain't too good.....sorry. ^_^

Archived