MLB jerseys

rnewvy9

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course they're still going to be the Anaheim Angels. I just think that they're trying to not shove the city down all our throats. I mean, the Yankees anymore are more New York than Yankees, with all the mystique and whatnot. Same with the Red Sox and Boston, the Cubs and Chicago, etc. etc. So, you'll still see Anaheim on the scoreboard and they will still be abbreviated ANA, but they'll be the one team to be known more as a brand than as a city, which might be nice as it would not alienate suburban fans who might have stronger ties to the Dodgers/Padres just because of a Los Angeles/San Diego connection.

VmWIn6B.png

The rumor I heard was that they were going to attempt to attach some kind of angel wing aparatus to the backs of the uniforms, and have a halo affixed to the top of the hat.

Oh, and when Montreal moves to DC, the new Washington jersey is going to feature some sort of transparant material on the left side.

That's just what I heard, though. :P

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I actually don't know for sure what's going on with the Angels, but SOMETHING is.

(no more "Anaheim" - just the "Angels")

Well, the Angels have already dropped "Anaheim" from their road jerseys, so that can't be it.

Los Angeles Angels would in essence be "just the Angels".

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

All I can really say ('cause it's all I really know) is that the Angels are now just referred to as the "Angels". No Anaheim, no California, no Los Angeles, etc.

And, the cap logo is now the primary...the former one with the Navy Blue diamond/ballpark shape is no longer being used.

However, the 2005 guide still has the Montreal Expos...

why can't they just be the california angels.

no LA or Anaheim.

actually the ducks and angels of anaheim are fitting since both are seriously uninspiring names. :D

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Pantone,

I always enjoyed speculating about possible changes as I read them in the rumors section of "SSUR." Are you being watched too much now to throw anything out there?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Pantone,

I always enjoyed speculating about possible changes as I read them in the rumors section of "SSUR." Are you being watched too much now to throw anything out there?

Yeah, well actually, the NBA's called me at home a couple of times...I gots ta be careful...

All I can really say ('cause it's all I really know) is that the Angels are now just referred to as the "Angels".  No Anaheim, no California, no Los Angeles, etc.

Is this kinda an unofficial thing, or are they completely removing Anaheim from their name? I mean, if they just call themselves the Angels and keep Anaheim for scoreboards, etc., that would be fine, but if they're just "The Angels," then I hate to admit it, but Arte's stock has fallen quite a bit in my book.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived