MLB jerseys

rnewvy9

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard from my inside source at Reebok that he's "pretty sure" the Utah Jazz and Memphis Grizzlies will be making changes this upcoming year. He also said he hasn't seen the new Bobcats stuff.

What does this mean? It means my inside source at Reebok doesn't care about logos and uniforms, so I probably won't be getting any inside information from him. It would be availible unfortunatly, but he doesn't care enough to check it out. So he's not as good of a resource as I thought.

Why do I mention this in this thread? I don't know. I do know that its Too Bad Pantone can't say anything, but I understand. There are many reasons the general public doesn't get to know about these things, and they are good reasons.

Believe me...I would really love to share more, but I AM a little paranoid. I'm really not trying to be "the guy with all of the answers"; I'm just a guy who loves this stuff and wants to share.

This isn't about who knows what first either. I have been fortunate enough to have some inside scoop on NBA and MLB stuff, and know a little bit on what's happening NFL-wise (not enough), but I'm completely in the dark with the NHL. I rely on you guys for them and others. And even with my connections, you all seem to find out all kinds of stuff about all teams/leagues that I never hear about. That's why this is a community; we all share in the interest of logos and uniforms, and I think that between the designers, critiquers (is that a word?), and general fans of this genre (is it a genre?), we are having an impact on the industry.

I'll try to share what I can, but I hope you all understand that there's only so much I can do ethically. I try to be an ethical person; that's only one of the reasons that the company my wife and I founded is called Ethx Technology Group. If you think I'm ethical, you should see my wife...

Hey - anyone going to be in Vegas the weekend of the 25th-26th? I'll be there with my brother, dad, uncle and cousin...it's a long story...

Updated scorecard-

No changes - NYY TOR CHW KC DET FLA CHC STL ARZ PHI SEA MIN

Minor changes - ANA TAM HOU

? - BAL BOS CLE OAK TEX NYM ATL MTL PIT MIL CIN SF COL LA SD

Pantone, its all cool. If more people had ethics we'd have far less problems in the world. Don't stress it, but also don't think we'll stop from constantly, politely asking for info :)

God, what a surprise, more changes in tampa. They have existed a grand total of 7 years and have already made me buy 7 different caps.

Tampa's changes are somewhat minor; probably the biggest change is in the road jersey script. And, they are incorporating more of the Blue into the mix, and a little less Black. But as I said, these are all relatively minor changes.

No team is changing anything color-wise. I'm finding a some subtle changes in a couple of the gray road uniform colors, but I have to dig around in the art files to even see them.

This brings up one of my pet peeves about baseball...why don't they specify Pantone colors (including textile and threads) for the road uniforms? They're not all the same - although there are only three or four colors that are used.

When I say more Blue for Tampa, it's just a little bit more. Most people wouldn't even notice it. And actually, they use Oakland A's Green and Texas Rangers Blue (exactly), so the real problem is that they've got three dark colors (Black, Green and Blue) to work with. We've had many threads in the past that address better shades.

Detroit - just the All-Star Game patch.

Philadelphia - no changes.

Tampa's changes are somewhat minor; probably the biggest change is in the road jersey script. And, they are incorporating more of the Blue into the mix, and a little less Black. But as I said, these are all relatively minor changes.

No team is changing anything color-wise. I'm finding a some subtle changes in a couple of the gray road uniform colors, but I have to dig around in the art files to even see them.

This brings up one of my pet peeves about baseball...why don't they specify Pantone colors (including textile and threads) for the road uniforms? They're not all the same - although there are only three or four colors that are used.

I always noticed that! I just thought I was crazy. The grey St. Louis uses seems to be a cool grey with a slight hint of blue. Nothing even that noticeable. Compare that to the Cubs who seem to use a much lighter grey. Yankees seem to have a darker grey that doesn't have any kind of hue to it. Very interesting though.

Peace,

pc

Well I have a hunch, just a hunch that the Mets might finally be done with their black phase. I've been noticing thet they're wearing the all blue cap alot more often. The last few years they hardly wore it at all. And they barely ever wear that horrible, worst hat in 10 years, all black, drop shadow monstrosity.

Archived