MLB jerseys

rnewvy9

Looks like they removed the drop shadow, enlarged the T, B and Y, and possibly thinned the green piping a bit. The lettering definitely looks thinner without the shadow. I'd have to see them more clearly, but I like them. I applaud the use of green and blue and the cutting back on black that started with the green cap last year.

Aren't they supposed to have a slightly modified cap, too? Any chance Crawford has been wearing that, too? Need more pics from Japan...

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like they removed the drop shadow, enlarged the T, B and Y, and possibly thinned the green piping a bit. The lettering definitely looks thinner without the shadow. I'd have to see them more clearly, but I like them. I applaud the use of green and blue and the cutting back on black that started with the green cap last year.

Aren't they supposed to have a slightly modified cap, too? Any chance Crawford has been wearing that, too? Need more pics from Japan...

Based on some of the other photos I've looked at, it appears that the piping could possibly be one blue and one green stripe. As far as the cap Crawford was wearing, it appears to be a standard black Devil Rays cap.

There are some more photos on the 2004 MLB Japan All-Star Series webpage.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Pantone, Are the construction of the bp hats changing? Maybe the style is staying the same on most teams, but the material or build (low profile to high profile) is changing. The reason I ask is that they are at clearance price on many sites.

I don't know. I'll ask a couple of people I know and see if anything's going on.

If you go to MLB.com, click in the photos section, select the Gallery for Nov 9 Game 4 of the Japan All Star Game. Click on the thumbnail at the far right and you'll see the new TB home unis.

The main logo change is the Y has been extended across the logo and a devil ray has been added. The green looks lighter too and it's a sleeveless.

And I do believe that the Phillies will remove their patches for 2005.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

If you go to MLB.com, click in the photos section, select the Gallery for Nov 9 Game 4 of the Japan All Star Game. Click on the thumbnail at the far right and you'll see the new TB home unis.

The main logo change is the Y has been extended across the logo and a devil ray has been added. The green looks lighter too and it's a sleeveless.

They have always had that script with the ray on it for the cut-sleeve alternates. Maybe they'll go with those full time as homes next year and get rid of the one with the sleeves and no ray.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I don't see why everyone hates the new D-Rays unis. I actually really like them. They have a nice mix of modern and traditional, and the only thing I would like to see changed is adding a darker blue outline around everything. But, those actually do look pretty nice.

VmWIn6B.png

All of the Devil Rays' colors are the same as they've been for 2005. Although, they are incorporating more of the Blue, and less of the Black.

I'm not sure how a darker Blue would work - it's already too dark with the dark Green and Black. Three dark colors just don't work together.

All of the Devil Rays' colors are the same as they've been for 2005. Although, they are incorporating more of the Blue, and less of the Black.

PANTONE, any idea if the Devil Rays will be using just the green cap this season?

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Here's what's shown for 2005:

• Home - Black cap with Green bill
  • Road - all Black cap
  • Alternate Home - all Black cap
  • Alternate Home - Green cap with Black bill
  • Batting Practice - all Green cap

However, I'll say that this stuff could still all change before the season starts. We saw this first-hand last season with multiple changes to the Rays and the Blue Jays.

Here's what's shown for 2005:

• Home - Black cap with Green bill
  • Road - all Black cap
  • Alternate Home - all Black cap
  • Alternate Home - Green cap with Black bill
  • Batting Practice - all Green cap

However, I'll say that this stuff could still all change before the season starts. We saw this first-hand last season with multiple changes to the Rays and the Blue Jays.

Terrible. The all green cap is awesome. They need to use it for home, road, alternate, batting practice, publicity, stadium maintenance...

They have always had that script with the ray on it for the cut-sleeve alternates. Maybe they'll go with those full time as homes next year and get rid of the one with the sleeves and no ray.

ding!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

The reason I ask is that they are at clearance price on many sites.

Maybe now is offseason time. I observed discounted prices of, p.e., baseball gloves due to winter time.

Besides, probably with the hockey lockout, some NHL jerseys will be more cheaper in December.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I haven't heard anything about the BP hats changing. I know they haven't sold too well at a lot of places, so they might just be trying to clear some stock. And the question was asked earlier about Majestic, who is indeed making all of the authentic jerseys next year. A side note about that is that the prices at many places are likely to change. MLB wants there to be more of a difference between the replicas and authentics, so the replicas will actually come down a bit while the authentics will go up. At least that is the way we are doing it at the Mariners Team Store. The prices used to go 90-135, they will now be 80-155.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

• 1 month later...

Archived