MLB jerseys

rnewvy9

thats it. keep the real looking bird its more professional then the silly little cartoon that looks more like a penguin then it does an oriole

That may be true. However the O's wore that hat when they had their dynasty. With the current hat the O's have had 6 straight losing seasons (unless we can finish this season 9-1)

Cubs fan, I actually never remember it either. I've never even seen them sell it around here (I own an all black one and have seen the white panel one). I really think it was a 70's alternate hat.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PATONE, I just read on another message board that the 2005 MLB Styleguide is out. If this is true, are you allowed to tell us anything?

Which message board are you referring to? I mentioned it here, but I only know of maybe one other person on these boards who has access to the thing. (No, I'm not tellin'!)

I've hinted at a few things; I really don't want to say too much ahead of time, although there really isn't anything monumental coming up...well, except for whatever Washington decides to do.

PATONE, I just read on another message board that the 2005 MLB Styleguide is out. If this is true, are you allowed to tell us anything?

Which message board are you referring to? I mentioned it here, but I only know of maybe one other person on these boards who has access to the thing. (No, I'm not tellin'!)

I've hinted at a few things; I really don't want to say too much ahead of time, although there really isn't anything monumental coming up...well, except for whatever Washington decides to do.

Baseball-Fever was the site where I heard this. It was in the Orioles section of the boards. Sorry, I thought that it was offically out to the public (i don't know too much about this). One question though, are all uniform changes that are in that guide final or can a team still make a change?

although there really isn't anything monumental coming up...well, except for whatever Washington decides to do.

Is that a hint on the new name? B)

I'm not sure if you guys are still questioning whether they'll be called the Expos or not. A Washington Times story earlier this week quoted Selig as saying they'll have a new identity, logos, uniforms, the whole shebang by opening day at least.

That identity is solely up to the new owners.

So you aren't going to confirm or deny the BP jersey/hat rumor I posted earlier that I was told by a retailer?

Sorry...missed that post.

There's a couple of new BP caps, but I'm not seeing a complete overhaul...not sure what to tell you on that one.

• 1 month later...
Tampa's changes are somewhat minor; probably the biggest change is in the road jersey script. And, they are incorporating more of the Blue into the mix, and a little less Black. But as I said, these are all relatively minor changes.

It looks like Carl Crawford is wearing the new Devil Rays road jersey during the 2004 MLB Japan All-Star Series. Notice the differences between the T, B, and Y:

Carl Crawford - 2004 MLB Japan All-Star Series

Carl Crawford - 2004 Devil Rays Regular Season

(If the pictures above don't display, try hitting refresh once they open in the new window.)

capt.dom10711051439.japan_mlb_tour_dom107.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

It looks like Carl Crawford is wearing the new Devil Rays road jersey during the 2004 MLB Japan All-Star Series. Notice the differences between the T, B, and Y:

Yep. That'd be the new road script. Yes ineedy.

Has Florida always had the line under the name too?

Archived