MLB jerseys

rnewvy9

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I played the trombone in jr. high, does that count?

When are the Marlins going to cbecome the Miami Marlins.

And as an Astros fan I would love to see them go back to a modern-retro uniform, kinda like the All-Star game unis.

And Pantone, (another way off topic) what was your name originally way WAY back in the day. I seem to remember you were famous for the pantones so you changed your name to it from something eles.

We should take the trombone talk to a new thread in the Lounge...

...we could talk equipment, and all of that stuff. Some of the other guys reading this are probably shaking their heads at all of this nonsense (!).

Oh, and someone asked about the Twins: the only change is a silly 40th Anniversary of their American League Championship patch.

We should take the trombone talk to a new thread in the Lounge...

...we could talk equipment, and all of that stuff. Some of the other guys reading this are probably shaking their heads at all of this nonsense (!).

Yeah, us trombonists are on another level. I might just check that out later today, because right now, the pep band's performing at the LMU-UCLA soccer game at the Home Depot Center in Carson.

VmWIn6B.png

Getting this back on topic (sorta), a friend that owns a local chain of sports stores told me that Majestic and New Era were changing the whole BP line of hats and jerseys for next year. She said that they currently can't get any of either of this year's models from the companies and they they had been notified that the whole line would be different and would be launched the last of Feburary, just in time for spring training.

The only thing (other than her word, which is good as gold to me, but what they were telling her was so murky in the details, I'm not sure what to make of most of it) that I have found to support this is that Finish Line liquidated their supply of hats and BP jerseys in June.

Now, pantone mentioned a couple of teams are changing their BP hats, and I'm wondering if this is one of the things he is referring to.

I'm sure if he had word of a major change like this he wouldn't really be able to share it, but can you throw some sort of info my way on this?

tpoh59's on the right track, but not quite.

Astrobull21...not a new color, not exactly a new logo...

Absolutely NOTHING new with the Cubs.  Or, the White Sox.

And, the Marlins' two alts remain the same: Black with Silver lettering trimmed in Black and Teal, and the White pinstriped one with the "F" logo on the left (player's left) side.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the Marlins have been using a custom Metallic Black (?!) textile for the lettering and numbers for the last few seasons.

Anybody know why the Marlins have front #'s on the home and road, but not the black alt? They didn't have one on the teal alt either, which always bothered me.

The Marlins did have a teal alternate back in the day one with silver lettering then they changed it to the black. I wish they had kept them maybe as a third alternate?

When are the Marlins going to become the Miami Marlins

If everything stays on schedule with the city and county stadium negotiations the name change might occur in 2007. Inside source says renderings of the new park should be out maybe October-December of this year and Opening Day might be midyear 2007 like the M's like a couple years back.

1997 | 2003

A little late, but if the O's make there hats just an "O" I am going to have to take Camden Yards and burn the evidence. We're already 23 games back in the East, we don't need people laughing at us for this too.

Bring back the 80's Goofy bird black/white/orange cap, and for god's sake put Baltimore on the road jerseys

Pantone, does the MLB do anything to address the Expos' impending move to D.C.? News reports today indicate that Selig will announce within a week to move the team there for 2005, calling it a temporary solution until the city has a final stadium plan.

Even if they're still the Expos, i'd assume they won't wear the road jerseys that say "Montreal" anymore.

Sorry to resuscitate this thread. Just didn't want to start a new one.

As far as the Orioles... if they were going to go back to a version with the cartoon bird head, I'd actually like to see them try the black with orange panel that they used this year. That one took me by surprise -- I only remembered the white-panel and all-black versions with that logo. But after seeing that one, it really grew on me. Maybe it just works with the orange jerseys...

As far as the Orioles... if they were going to go back to a version with the cartoon bird head, I'd actually like to see them try the black with orange panel that they used this year. That one took me by surprise -- I only remembered the white-panel and all-black versions with that logo. But after seeing that one, it really grew on me. Maybe it just works with the orange jerseys...

Here is the hat you were talking about in case anyone is interested in how it look:

ERwFBZpX.jpg

However I would like to see them bring something similar to this back:

VdaIbg8Q.jpg

I know these aren't the best pictures but they were all I could find.

Yep, that's the one. I've been into baseball caps -- throwbacks and otherwise -- since I was very little, but that one just doesn't jog my memory. Guess it was only used 1975-76. Must not have been in the early "Cooperstown Collections."

I like it a lot better than the white-panel one I grew up with, but I think the best choice for today probably would be the all-black if they were to go back to the cartoon bird. But I sure like that orange-paneled version. I almost want to buy one, but I gave up trying to collect a full set of MLB caps years ago (most of mine were mesh anyway).

Archived