New England Patriots Logo Concept

DawgPacPBH

I agree you should be able to take it, its not an excuse to be an ass. How bout "You know, I'm not feeling this, I enjoy the effort. Overall I'm not a fan, however I do like...."

I think with anything there is something you like about it. to get better you can't just hear, "YOU SUCK!" you have to know why you suck to correct it.

For example, if I just said you were a terrible person and I hate you, that doesn't help anyone does it? But If I say, you're a terrible person cause you can't interact with human beings polietly, now you have a solution!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey now, no need to get all mad at a comment. I enjoy cruising these boards and have seen some really good stuff. This particular design just happens to blow choda. Trust me, in the graphics game you have to take it. You all know this design is crap. Don't be so damn nice.

Most of you should be designers or pursue a career in art. So get your designs as tight and professional as possible and you won't hear people ripping on you.

Like CityofWalrus said, around here, we try to be supportive and help each other improve our skills. No one expects you to be dishonest, but you should remember that people put time and effort into the work you're looking at, and be respectful if you comment.

Hey now, no need to get all mad at a comment. I enjoy cruising these boards and have seen some really good stuff. This particular design just happens to blow choda. Trust me, in the graphics game you have to take it. You all know this design is crap. Don't be so damn nice.

Most of you should be designers or pursue a career in art. So get your designs as tight and professional as possible and you won't hear people ripping on you.

Thanks for eplaining how the design game works.... I wouldn't know myself, pumping gas for a living and- wait! I am a designer! An art director, at that! I almost forgot. And I'll tell you what: I didn't become an art director by giving unconstructive critisism or by being an :censored:.

This isn't a high profile NYC design firm working on hundred-thousand dollar accounts. It's a board for sport logo enthusiasts who enjoy the athletic side of the design world and want to get better at what they do. You being a vaginal tear about things isn't going to help anyone. Get over yourself.

It looks stupid. Don't bother trying if you're just going to come up with garbage.

Unless of course, you're working at a landfill site :D

Oh about the logo. I must say, it's quite interesting. It doesn't look like Tom Brady, but that cartoon character who "created" the Powerpuff Girls :wacko: It would make a great X-line logo.

I saw, I came, I left.

as a pro logo for the pats im not sure if it works. as a minor league football logo or a college football logo it might work.

however it could be used as a marketing tool in marketing Tom Brady. Like those cartoon drawings you get at the state fairs. which i love and always get everytime i go.

it definately has possibilities.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

i gotta quote this one chinese dude here...

yall gon learn Chinese...yall gonna learn Chinese...yall gon learn Chinese, yall gon speak Chinese, yall gon be Chinese

good effort qualitywise, but i'm not a fan of it aesthetically...reason #1: it looks like #12. I hate #12. reason #2 is it also looks like a character outta that kiddie show with the talkin trains...Billy the Japanese Bullet Train, anyone?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

hahaha ok thanks for the critique of my opinion, but I am entitled to one. I can appreciate the fact that you try to support those who do not design well, but from my experience the only thing that motivates you is the reality that critisizm can bring. You can't sit there and tell me this logo is up to par with the current Pats logo, nevermind an improvment.

In a world where everyone claims to know photoshop and illustrator, and anyone is a graphic designer, I am truly sorry but I have to call bull:censored:. There is a learning curve in design, and practice needed to put out such professional logos as we have these days, but I feel the need to express my opinion bluntly.

So don't get mad that I blasted your internet buddy about a poor design. I'm sure some of us have great and distinguished design jobs Mr. Avenger, but don't sweat a little dose of reality for those trying to act as if they are in a higher class of design as we may have.

I mean no ill-will to anyone personally but bad design is something you have to learn to appreciate the good ones.

hahaha ok thanks for the critique of my opinion, but I am entitled to one. I can appreciate the fact that you try to support those who do not design well, but from my experience the only thing that motivates you is the reality that critisizm can bring. You can't sit there and tell me this logo is up to par with the current Pats logo, nevermind an improvment.

In a world where everyone claims to know photoshop and illustrator, and anyone is a graphic designer, I am truly sorry but I have to call bull:censored:. There is a learning curve in design, and practice needed to put out such professional logos as we have these days, but I feel the need to express my opinion bluntly.

So don't get mad that I blasted your internet buddy about a poor design. I'm sure some of us have great and distinguished design jobs Mr. Avenger, but don't sweat a little dose of reality for those trying to act as if they are in a higher class of design as we may have.

I mean no ill-will to anyone personally but bad design is something you have to learn to appreciate the good ones.

i never said it was up to par or an improvement...just a design....

whatever.

i guess ill kill this one.

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!

hahaha  ok thanks for the critique of my opinion, but I am entitled to one. I can appreciate the fact that you try to support those who do not design well, but from my experience the only thing that motivates you is the reality that critisizm can bring. You can't sit there and tell me this logo is up to par with the current Pats logo, nevermind an improvment.

Alright... since we're all entitled to opinions, here's mine.

You're a dumbass who lacks tact, diplomacy, and interpersonal skills. You've so far done nothing on these boards, short of pissing off the collective here, and with an attitude such as your's, I can't imagine you having a future in any business, let alone one like design where pleasing your clients and working well in a team are key. You're pompous, an elitist, and so far too cowardly to post your work for public critique.

In closing, you're tool who should go back to browsing the boards instead of posting.... in my opinion.

Alright... since we're all entitled to opinions, here's mine.

You're a dumbass who lacks tact, diplomacy, and interpersonal skills. You've so far done nothing on these boards, short of pissing off the collective here, and with an attitude such as your's, I can't imagine you having a future in any business, let alone one like design where pleasing your clients and working well in a team are key. You're pompous, an elitist, and so far too cowardly to post your work for public critique.

In closing, you're tool who should go back to browsing the boards instead of posting.... in my opinion.

Word.

spacer.png

I'm not in competition here. Perhaps I just like to get people's goat, like yours with your over reaction to comments that some stranger posted. These boards are great, you can put out any sort of persona you wish and people go for it. Av, just relax and go with it.

You're entitled to your opinion about me same as i am about someone's design. You got a little too emotional in yours. But that's just my opinion.

Holla.

As they say, "Don't let one bad apple ruin the bunch".

What this guy as done is done. The sad part is the community gets to involved with posts that should just be ignored. Let it go, let him go.

Now about the design. I see where it is going and it has some good potential. I would think for some why to i.d. it more has a "Patriot". As many have stated to me, "it is a good start", keeping refining it...

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

I'll add my two cents, etc to my train comment.

Honestly, as much as you like that design, you'd be best to start over. There's so much work to change the shape so it doesn't look like a train you're better off to start over with a new shape.

Start with the head...the face is flattened, it looks like a robot or a stone statue. Add some angled features, like cheekbones and a brow. Round off the ear...it's pointy like an elf's. Look at the Patriots current logo and you can see the brow and chin shapes built into the profile. It's not flat, it looks like someone's face.

Re-draw the hat. You have it drawn to fit your shape, rather than drawing it to fit the head. It's a tri-corner Colonial hat, not a beanie.

One you have these down, then you can work more with the perspective, like the red streamers and stars trailing from the back of the hat, maybe a ponytail from the back of the head.

You're happy with your design and you want to stick with it. Nothing wrong with that. But if most of the constructive criticism suggests otherwise, you might want to follow the ideas. Step back and try to look at it from an unbiased perspective. Flip it over. View it from different angles. Break yourself away from the magnets that tie you to your work to get a different perspective on things.

And to slacker....do you feel real big being an ass?There's a way to be TACTFULLY honest. Being a dick doesn't make you any better a designer than anyone else. You might be ripping someone who's a teenager, or someone who has a 30-year background in this field. So get off your high horse. Why don't you show some of your work and show everyone else how much better you are as a designer than everyone else? Or are you afraid your stuff sucks too? There's your dose of reality.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'm not in competition here. Perhaps I just like to get people's goat, like yours with your over reaction to comments that some stranger posted. These boards are great, you can put out any sort of persona you wish and people go for it. Av, just relax and go with it.

You're entitled to your opinion about me same as i am about someone's design. You got a little too emotional in yours. But that's just my opinion.

Holla.

I'm sorry if I'm a little to fired up for your liking, numb nuts, but I'm personally not a fan of some anonymous jackass coming out of nowhere to discourage perfectly nice folks from doing something they enjoy simply because they don't meet your ambiguous standards.

If you're such a great designer, surely there's been times where someone has said, "Hey, I don't like that... here's what I'd do differently." And surely you benefitted from that. If not, I have a hard time believing that you're really a professional designer.

damn, you make one comment and everyone flips out. i appreciate the fact that you guys are so nice on here to those who aren't as good. i'm just taking an alternate direction. sorry if there's rules i need to follow to voice myself. guess i'm just a hard ass with my opinions.

..guess i'm just a hard ass with my opinions.

No, you're a jack ass.

I think you're missing our point, too... if that's the case, here's a clarification. We're not upset at your opinion (hell most of us agree that the concept has a really long way to go), we're pissed at the way you presented it. Instead of offering solutions for improving it, you only offered an insult. Not only is that not a way to make friends around here, it has the potential of scaring away someone, who with a lot of practice, could end up being a very good designer.

Archived