Northwoods League (Summer Collegiate) Softball Logos/Brands

Burmy

Didn't fit in any other topic on this forum; the Northwoods League (considered by many as the nation's top summer collegiate league) is adding a women's softball division for the 2024 season, with various NwL teams fielding softball teams.

Thus far, three cities have been announced; La Crosse, WI (home of the Loggers), Mankato, MN (home of the Moondogs) and Minot, ND (home of the Hot Tots).  All three are currently in the middle of name-the-team contests, two of which are in the finalist polls.

La Crosse

• Legacy
  • Velocity
  • Steam
  • Cruisers
  • Maple Leafs

Mankato

• Habaneros
  • Mayhem
  • Monarchs
  • Moxie
  • Starlets

Minot's is still in the submission period, which goes on until November 14, and the finalists poll starts on the 30th.

Since this league is unique among the sports world right now, I figured it was time we started our own topic for this to have our discussions and all that...

• Like 1

bYhYmxh.png

• 3 weeks later...

Watching this develop with interest, as the boys and I have become big Northwoods League fans over the past couple seasons. Given the parameters they've laid out for the season and how the baseball circuit operates, my guess would be that we'll see three more teams, all from markets in the Great Plains Division. It's a 40-game season, so you'd play each opponent eight times. That's a four-game set at home and another away, and maybe you run every series Thursday-Sunday to maximize your weekend exposure.

Hopefully this takes root and we'll see another set of six teams in the Great Lakes Division soon. Kenosha and Rockford would certainly be ideal for it.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 1 month later...

We have our first name...say hello to the Mankato Habaneros!

spacer.png

Love how the name is unique, but not Brandiose goofy.  Especially enjoy how the logo is currently green, but will evolve and ripen throughout the season just as the pepper does.

• Like 4

bYhYmxh.png

8 hours ago, Burmy said:

spacer.png

Love how the name is unique, but not Brandiose goofy.  Especially enjoy how the logo is currently green, but will evolve and ripen throughout the season just as the pepper does.

Hot!

• Like 1

Signature intentionally left blank

On 1/17/2024 at 11:32 AM, Burmy said:

spacer.png

That's more than Minnesota spicy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Saw this one recently on Facebook. Looks like this is the softball counterpart to the Madison Mallards. I do quite appreciate the touch of using the mane and moon to create a softball seam; that was clever, as is how the secondary mark is a monogram for the team name and represents Madison's geography pretty well.

436514837_122139780008162343_63849835135

437957571_122139780014162343_78072669159

• Like 2

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png