The Los Angeles Rams need a uniform repair big time

I actually think that after the 2021 switch to the whites as the primary, they have a top half of the league set. It is cohesive, the colors are strong, and the design does enough without doing too much. Adding the extra curl to the horn and getting rid of the gradient on the home numbers would put them in the top 10.

The bones can rightfully be picked apart, but I find it much easier to let alternates slide these days when assessing team's uniforms. So many teams have attrocious alternates now and they can only wear them 3 times anyways.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

48 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

I actually think that after the 2021 switch to the whites as the primary, they have a top half of the league set. It is cohesive, the colors are strong, and the design does enough without doing too much. Adding the extra curl to the horn and getting rid of the gradient on the home numbers would put them in the top 10.

The bones can rightfully be picked apart, but I find it much easier to let alternates slide these days when assessing team's uniforms. So many teams have atrocious alternates now and they can only wear them 3 times anyways.

This is the key right here. If they don't do that, then there's no way I can put them near the top half of the league. Take away the name tag chest patches while you're at it. As they are right now, those patches and the gradient are the definition of "doing too much."

• Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 9:08 PM, slapshot said:

It seems most redesigns are on the same page. Here is one (shameless plug) I put together about three years ago, using the updated ram horn on the helmet and sleeve, but moving the numbers to the shoulders. Colors are back to royal and yellow-gold.

50485206856_71707075f2_o.png

WONDERFUL!!! PLAIN WONDERFUL!!!

• Like 3

As a Rams fan, the uniforms have really grown on me ON the field. However, I won't buy one to wear (still have a throwback Gurley jersey) and in fact I've only bought one item since the rebrand is a sort of throwback style hat from 47 Brand but it has the new LA logo on it. I do actually kind of like the LA logo now though and the demotion of the Bone uniform has really improved the overall set. If they got rid of the stupid patches I might think about buying the blue jersey. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 6:54 PM, ruttep said:

This is the key right here. If they don't do that, then there's no way I can put them near the top half of the league. Take away the name tag chest patches while you're at it. As they are right now, those patches and the gradient are the definition of "doing too much."

They are but they are smallish details that you don't see on a typical action shot during a game. I know that's not all that matters but there's many teams who look awful from a distance too.

On 12/19/2023 at 10:35 AM, throwuascenario said:

They are but they are smallish details that you don't see on a typical action shot during a game. I know that's not all that matters but there's many teams who look awful from a distance too.

Well they don’t look good from a distance either, with the highlighter yellow, segmented horn, the dirty laundry white color, and the muddling where ever the white and yellow touch

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 1:48 PM, dont care said:

Well they don’t look good from a distance either, with the highlighter yellow, segmented horn, the dirty laundry white color, and the muddling where ever the white and yellow touch

I don't mind the shade of yellow at all and actually prefer it to the athletic gold they wore in their Jared Goff SB season. I don't like the segmented horn either but it's the definition of something you don't notice from a distance. While worse than the previous horn, it doesn't drag the entire uniform down IMO. The bone is obviously awful but I think nowadays you just have to ignore team's alternates. So many teams have terrible ones and they only wear those like once a year. And I don't understand the muddling you're talking about.

On 12/20/2023 at 12:48 PM, dont care said:

Exactly. The highlighter yellow just makes it look much dingier and too neon 90's. The bone jerseys were an excuse to add grey in the color scheme that was not even needed at all. I never loved the color grey when it was put in with distinct color combos because adding grey to a green and golden yellow color scheme does not make sense or grey added with red and golden yellow as well would make it look off place. So why would they think bone looks good with blue and golden yellow?

And yes, it does mud up the yellow and white big time. This is why I think Kevin and Nike were moonlighting in Oregon when they were making the uniforms.

20 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

I don't mind the shade of yellow at all and actually prefer it to the athletic gold they wore in their Jared Goff SB season. I don't like the segmented horn either but it's the definition of something you don't notice from a distance. While worse than the previous horn, it doesn't drag the entire uniform down IMO. The bone is obviously awful but I think nowadays you just have to ignore team's alternates. So many teams have terrible ones and they only wear those like once a year. And I don't understand the muddling you're talking about.

You realize where you are right?  You can’t just ignore things because they don’t fit your narrative. I also want to remind you that the bone was the primary away jersey when it come out. The segmented horn can most certainly be seen from a distance, you don’t even need the close ups which they do for half the game and then you see every bad idea the design team came up with. you liking the neon highlighter yellow is your opinion but its also an unpopular one.

• Like 2

On 12/23/2023 at 6:05 PM, dont care said:

You realize where you are right?  You can’t just ignore things because they don’t fit your narrative. I also want to remind you that the bone was the primary away jersey when it come out. The segmented horn can most certainly be seen from a distance, you don’t even need the close ups which they do for half the game and then you see every bad idea the design team came up with. you liking the neon highlighter yellow is your opinion but its also an unpopular one.

I never said those things don't matter. I said that many teams in the NFL have uniforms that look awful from any distance and have no redeeming qualities. Compared to those, I will take unfortunate decisions on small details. And I don't know that the yellow is that unpopular.

1 minute ago, throwuascenario said:

I never said those things don't matter. I said that many teams in the NFL have uniforms that look awful from any distance and have no redeeming qualities. Compared to those, I will take unfortunate decisions on small details. And I don't know that the yellow is that unpopular.

Ok, so what is a quality uniform to you? I already posted my feelings about the Rams new unis. They do need a hard reboot when it comes to looks. If they wanted a bone or alt uniform, why not harken back to the Fearsome Foursome as an alt uniform and the other alt being the 1950-1957 athletic gold jerseys.

But just what is your idea of a quality uniform? Just your thoughts.

• Like 1

I don’t think you realize what a hard reboot is. You make it sound like the current Rams look has 0 redeemable qualities and they need an entirely new colour scheme, logos, and uniforms. 

It's definitely far from perfect, but I think they’re just a few tweaks away from a great set. The top priorities should be getting rid of the gradients, dumping the bone (which they’re already doing), and ditching the monochrome looks. I can live with the segmented horn & the chest patches. 

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1