Spring Football Concept: AAFL Project

WideRight

Alright everyone, coming up on 6pm, so I am going to do some culling.  The following options remain on the table:

Birmingham   12 Votes

Memphis          11 Votes

San Antonio      7 Votes

Columbus          7  Votes

All other nominees are disqualified.  

If you cast past votes for Austin, Texas-Shared, Tucson, Hartford, Louisville, Carolina, or Virginia (Tidewater/Norfolk), those votes can now be recast for one of the remaining teams.  If you have already cast votes for one of these 4 locations, please do not cast those again.  So, some of you might get to enter 2 more votes, some 1 more vote, and some picked 2 of these teams already so your votes are locked in. Two of these four cities will be approved for AAFL expansion tomorrow at 6pm ET (or thereabouts.)

Here is what I am seeing at 6:38 am, just inside 12 hours to go:

15  B'ham and Memphis

14  Columbus

10  San Antonio

Still time for San Antonio to sneak up into the mix.  And here is what I can say about divisions:

The West is set:  San Diego, Portland, Salt Lake and California (SJ+SAC)

The South has Houston and New Orleans, and if the current frontrunners hold, they would get both cities to lock them up, meaning Orlando stays in the East.  

If Columbus wins a spot, they would join Chicago and St. Louis in the Central Division. 

If San Antonio comes back, they would grab one of the Southern slots, along with either B'Ham or Memphis (assuming 1 stays at the top). 

By my calculation, one of these four cities is getting the shaft, since there are only 3 slots for non-NFL cities left.  We know city #15 will be an NFL market.

Depending on what happens here, that last NFL market could be impacted.  I am already eliminating LA from contention because there is no spot in the West for them.  The pool of NFL cities left could possibly slot into the Central or East: Atlanta, Miami, Cincinnati, Buffalo, Twin Cities, Nashville.  

When we get to the final round, it will be geographically contained.  If there is only a Central location left, that could eliminate several options, likewise, if there are only 3 cities in either the East or South, the same is true.  

But for now, we need to pick the 13th and 14th franchise, we have just under 12 hours to do so and it is a very close race. 

• Like 1

Also, since it has been asked.  If it ends in a 3-way tie, I will make the choice as to which 2 make the grade.  Sorry, but I get to make the deciding votes in the event of a tie, kinda like being a VP in the Senate.  And I will say now that if Columbus is in the mix, I will pick them for 1 slot just because it would leave both the Central and the South with 1 slot left, which provides the greatest number of options for the team 15 and 16 votes. 

• Like 1