2024 NFL Changes

8 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Literally same helmet color, facemask color, logo fill & outline, number fill & outline, with a 3-stripe pattern on the pant in inverted colors, and similar, although not the same, sleeve stripes.

But sure, pal - nothing like the Bears.

God, your arrogance is astounding.

Thanks for the chuckle. This is undoubtedly and unironically the goofiest thing you’ve ever said on here

• Like 7
  • Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Does it trigger you when you watch the Browns play the Bengals -- a team that was intentionally modeled to look like the Browns?

No.  

1.  Brown/Orange vs Black/Orange with bengal tiger stripes on every piece of the uniform does not. 

2.  It's not 1968.  

What you're saying is a mock-up of two teams with identical colors and uniform components look nothing like each other.  It's gaslighting for the sake of being contentious.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Brown/Orange vs Black/Orange with bengal tiger stripes on every piece of the uniform does not.   

Unless you squint, Browns brown and Bengals black look almost the same on tv with the all the orange popping. Also, the Broncos display a huge orange stripe going down their helmet when the Bears do not. I thought you should know this since were talking stripes.

You also act like we're someday gonna get Bears vs Broncos/color vs color someday. They also play each other like 2 times a decade. Q: Does it hurt you when you watch MLB and half the games are navy blue vs navy blue?

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

What you're saying is a mock-up of two teams with identical colors and uniform components look nothing like each other. 

Per Trucolor.net (which confirms what my eyes thought), they're not identical colors. They're close.

Nor are the uniform components identical. Number font is different, design of the stripes are different. I also don't believe that the statement was made that they don't look like each other. They are not something that I would confuse in the least.

Ya both ought to just chill a little.

• Like 9

It's where I sit.

On 2/16/2024 at 8:04 AM, MCM0313 said:

Ah! My mistake. Must’ve been an inaccuracy within the game I played a lot. 

Did they continue to also have the helmet and the conference logo in the end zone all the way up through 1997?

https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/controller/controller.php?action=main

This is a great website. A database of field art and covers most teams entire histories. 

• Like 2

I'm wondering about something with jerseys. Teams are allowed to have two Color Rush jerseys (Chargers) and two throwbacks (Dolphins and 49ers). Are teams allowed to have two alternate jerseys, meaning no special designation? For example, could the Panthers have a silver version of their white jersey if they wanted to without making it a Color Rush? I'm not suggesting they get one, but I'm curious if that's an option.

22 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

I'm wondering about something with jerseys. Teams are allowed to have two Color Rush jerseys (Chargers) and two throwbacks (Dolphins and 49ers). Are teams allowed to have two alternate jerseys, meaning no special designation? For example, could the Panthers have a silver version of their white jersey if they wanted to without making it a Color Rush? I'm not suggesting they get one, but I'm curious if that's an option.

I don't think it's 2 AND 2. It's 2 total. Chargers have no throwback. Dolphins and 49ers have no color rush.

Panthers could have a silver alt, assuming there aren't too many jerseys total.

• Like 3

It's where I sit.

51 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I don't think it's 2 AND 2. It's 2 total. Chargers have no throwback. Dolphins and 49ers have no color rush.

Oh, you're right, that is a poor choice of words. I should have said two Color Rush OR two throwbacks. The Panthers have three jerseys currently (white, black, and blue), so they could add a silver jersey. But I thought I read somewhere that having two alternate jerseys (non-throwback or CR) was not allowed.

The Chargers are close to that now since both CR jerseys have the same design template as the primaries.

• Like 1

I could probably see the Chargers adding a navy (or even a flake dark royal) helmet for their darker color alts. As for the Titans, I think (and I say this with disgust as a Texans fan) they join the 49ers, Dolphins and possibly Seahawks in having home and road Oiler throwbacks just so they can wear them in Houston.

1 hour ago, MrAstrodome said:

I could probably see the Chargers adding a navy (or even a flake dark royal) helmet for their darker color alts. As for the Titans, I think (and I say this with disgust as a Texans fan) they join the 49ers, Dolphins and possibly Seahawks in having home and road Oiler throwbacks just so they can wear them in Houston.

I like that idea of navy helmets for the Chargers. They could also use white pants for the navy jerseys and gold/yellow pants for the royal blues to make fauxbacks.

Maybe the Titans losing to the Texans in the Oiler throwbacks will dissuade them from the white throwbacks.

On 2/17/2024 at 10:16 PM, rfraser85 said:

Oh, you're right, that is a poor choice of words. I should have said two Color Rush OR two throwbacks. The Panthers have three jerseys currently (white, black, and blue), so they could add a silver jersey. But I thought I read somewhere that having two alternate jerseys (non-throwback or CR) was not allowed.

The Chargers are close to that now since both CR jerseys have the same design template as the primaries.

The ravens have their black alternate and their purple color rush jerseys so you can certainly have both

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dont care said:

The ravens have their black alternate and their purple color rush jerseys so you can certainly have both

The Ravens didn’t even wear the CR this past season, so I’d imagine it’s dead. Which is good, but I will miss it a little bit.

On 2/17/2024 at 1:18 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Per Trucolor.net (which confirms what my eyes thought), they're not identical colors. They're close.

Nor are the uniform components identical. Number font is different, design of the stripes are different. I also don't believe that the statement was made that they don't look like each other. They are not something that I would confuse in the least.

Ya both ought to just chill a little.

Bears’ navy is the same as Texans’ (which, we will see if that stays). All the other navy-dominant teams use different shades. Good eyes. 

• Like 2

On 2/17/2024 at 9:19 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Technically, when they were unvieled, the White throwback Dolphins and 49ers were listed as Color Rush. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Really?

Yes, when the Dolphins changed to the current set, they dropped the Orange set, and added the white throwback as their Color Rush. Same with 49ers, they dropped their black set in favor of their White Throwback as a color rush. 

13 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

Yes, when the Dolphins changed to the current set, they dropped the Orange set, and added the white throwback as their Color Rush. Same with 49ers, they dropped their black set in favor of their White Throwback as a color rush. 

Wow - I don't recall that. Thanks!

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

Technically, when they were unvieled, the White throwback Dolphins and 49ers were listed as Color Rush. 

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Really?

Yup.  That's why they wore the all white socks with them initially.  Now, of course, teams just wear all white socks with their white uniforms because the players have really really terrible taste.

• Like 10

41 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

That may be, but the mothership doesn't mention it:

https://news.sportslogos.net/2019/05/20/dolphins-to-wear-white-throwback-uniforms-in-2019/football/

It's where I sit.