2024 NFL Changes

1 hour ago, PurpleHayes said:

Jets logo creator sues team, seeks payment for use of design

When the Jets unveiled their redesigned uniforms with a throwback logo in April, they recognized former employe Jim Pons, who designed the logo that has been brought back this year. Now Pons is saying the Jets need to pay up for using his design.

Pons designed the logo, which features an airplane design attached to the capital J in JETS, in 1978, when he worked as the team’s film and video director. The team used the logo for 20 years and is now bringing it back, but Pons has filed a lawsuit seeking unspecified damages, the cancelation of the Jets’ trademark of his logo and a ruling that the Jets can’t use the logo without his consent and compensation, according to TMZ.com.

The Jets say the logo is theirs and Pons has no claim to it.

“We are aware of the complaint,” the Jets said in a statement to the New York Post. “The mark in question has been registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office for nearly 50 years. The mark has been used continuously in numerous iterations since that time. We find this claim baseless and without merit.”

When the Jets announced this offseason that the logo was coming back, Pons was excited, telling the team’s website, “I had no idea they were even thinking about it, nor did I know that it was that popular with the Jets fans. They told me the fans demanded we go back to the old logo, to my logo. So really, that’s wonderful. I’m very happy about that, very proud of that.”

Yeah this is a non-issue. Pons gave his consent when he gave the team the logo in the late 70s, and his own comments to the team's website don't help his case.  

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

56 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Yeah this is a non-issue. Pons gave his consent when he gave the team the logo in the late 70s, and his own comments to the team's website don't help his case.  

Sounds like a lawyer got in his ear and told him he could make some money. That lawyer would be wrong

• Like 3

"Here are all 12 Baltimore Ravens uniform combinations that the team can use in the 2024 season."

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/photos/baltimore-ravens-uniform-purple-rising-combinations-2024#0d187629-da34-4979-a3d1-9ffc60b387e7

So those mustard pants still exist according to this. You're telling me those are still in the mix and will be manufactured for all 53 rostered players?

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

This looks better than the new uniforms. TV numbers, contrasting pants, a stripe that goes to the front of the helmet, and non-white socks make a huge difference. No one has been able to explain why the new helmet stripe is on the back 40% of the helmet.

3 Keys to Denver Broncos' Offensive Line Turning the Corner in 2021 -  Sports Illustrated Mile High Huddle: Denver Broncos News, Analysis and More

The team wore white socks with this combo last season. Plus the contrasting pant situation also hasn't changed. They can wear orange on white or orange on navy (both contrasting), and all-orange has been around for years as the Color Rush.

TV numbers and better helmet stripe are the only elements that apply here.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

"Here are all 12 Baltimore Ravens uniform combinations that the team can use in the 2024 season."

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/photos/baltimore-ravens-uniform-purple-rising-combinations-2024#0d187629-da34-4979-a3d1-9ffc60b387e7

So those mustard pants still exist according to this. You're telling me those are still in the mix and will be manufactured for all 53 rostered players?

The mustard pants might actually looks really good with this combo. (Obviously would be better if they had actual gold sheen.)

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, SportsFan12 said:

The team wore white socks with this combo last season. Plus the contrasting pant situation also hasn't changed. They can wear orange on white or orange on navy (both contrasting), and all-orange has been around for years as the Color Rush.

The all orange color rush would have looked better with white pants.  Broncos wearing orange jerseys on navy pants is just another collegiate look; the Bears could do orange on navy too but thank God they don't. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

They only wore them once, right? They probably never got rid of them.  The initial order was probably closer to 100 than to 53.

1 hour ago, Ben5 said:

They only wore them once, right? They probably never got rid of them.  The initial order was probably closer to 100 than to 53.

Those pants were probably mothballed. They only wore them once, but the reaction was so negative the gold pants haven't been used since. I still think the Ravens were sampling gold as a base for Color Rush, but the reaction caused them to change course.

The Ravens really only need 6 or 7 combos to me:

White jersey with white or purple pants and black socks

Purple jersey with white or purple pants and black socks

Black jersey with white pants and black socks

Blackout

Color Rush

As for the Eagles, they need to lose the white socks, especially with the green jersey. The white pants and socks look reminds me of pajamas with feet on them. Maybe silver pants would help, or the Eagles could start wearing green socks again with the white pants.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

Those pants were probably mothballed. They only wore them once, but the reaction was so negative the gold pants haven't been used since. I still think the Ravens were sampling gold as a base for Color Rush, but the reaction caused them to change course.

Blackout

Color Rush

As for the Eagles, they need to lose the white socks, especially with the green jersey. The white pants and socks look reminds me of pajamas with feet on them. Maybe silver pants would help, or the Eagles could start wearing green socks again with the white pants.

NOBODY needs 6 or 7 combos.

• Like 5

It's where I sit.

5 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

NOBODY needs 6 or 7 combos.

I think the sweet spot is 3 jersey options and 3 pant options with the ability to tastefully mix and match, so you have 9 total combos but not all of them are worn. This isn't a reasonable expectation for most NFL teams but the Ravens do it well, and teams like the Jets, Eagles, and Broncos use a similar formula.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Eagles also posted their combos for some reason. White over black seems to be extremely popular among those who commented, which is shocking since fans on social media generally have great taste.

So they’re not gonna wear their midnight green jersey WITHOUT white socks…that’s just dumb. They realize they lost the Super Bowl in that combo, right?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

Blackout

Color Rush

I don’t believe the Eagles have ever worn midnight green socks. In years past it was black socks with midnight green jerseys and/or pants. 

3 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I don’t believe the Eagles have ever worn midnight green socks. In years past it was black socks with midnight green jerseys and/or pants. 

they did until the 2002 season 22-dec-2001-duce-staley-of-the-philadelpThe Gridiron Uniform Database

• Love 1
  • WOAH 1

spacer.png

4 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

They wore white socks with an orange jersey once, gave up 70 points in that game, and promptly returned to the navy socks. I guess it doesn’t matter anymore now that it’s a new set. 🙄 

1 hour ago, throwmesomepics said:

I think the sweet spot is 3 jersey options and 3 pant options with the ability to tastefully mix and match, so you have 9 total combos but not all of them are worn. This isn't a reasonable expectation for most NFL teams but the Ravens do it well, and teams like the Jets, Eagles, and Broncos use a similar formula.

The Jets and Eagles may use a similar formula, but the black pants were never  intended to be paired with other jerseys for obvious reasons.