24-25 NBA changes

DJT

It was in a hockey thread that I had my meltdown about it, but the arcing guitar pick of the Thunder is such a terrible logo in both execution and semiotic value. The color of a clear afternoon sky for something that happens when it's cloudy, and it only gets worse from there. 

The relocation of the Supersonics might make me angrier than any of the '90s hockey moves do.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

i feel like those might just be standalone tshirt designs and the reason it says icon/statement edition is just in reference to the colors of their current jerseys. i'd be happy to be proven wrong since its not a bad design. but these days statement jerseys have stopped resembling association and icon jerseys so im reluctant. 

i think the latest team to have come out with a matching statement jersey is back when the hawks rebranded their uniforms and fortunately used the same design on all 3 uniforms. or if we're being technical it was the Sixers 2 years ago just adding extra drop shadow to the wordmark of the statement jersey. but funny enough the workmark in question is cursive lettering that neither their icon or association jerseys use. so i dont even know if that counts

So the Pacers had that weird stretch for City jerseys where they've alternated between that alternate typeface wordmark vs. a vertical layout with checkers and a circle number for a while. This seems to be a combination of the two. I can't quite place the wordmark font but it's dull to me, but then again, so is the Agency that they've clung on to for a while.

For what it's worth, I've always found the Pacers' identity dull. The most interesting thing they had going on were the pinstriped 90s–00s unis. Other than that, they have a rather dull logo they've never updated or added any more interesting elements to the package, and ever since the Paul George era uniform redesign they've used the bland Agency font on top of what used to be a generic and uninspired jersey template. The latest uniform redesign was a miss.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Digby said:

They literally don't have any outlined logos in their (soon to be extinct) branding set, I don't think. That's how far they took the minimalism. Still boggles the mind that that package ever saw the light of day, any professionals in the room should have been able to predict situations like this where a single-layer logo simply won't fly.

Eh, there's nothing wrong with the note logo not being outlined. On the contrary, it was one of the few things the previous rebrand actually did right. The logo looks crisp and symbolic as a stand-alone shape and doesn't need an outline, of all logos. It works perfectly well like that on the cap too. As a matter of fact, it's not even the only logo without an outline on the caps.

On a different note, the Clippers logo is as bad there as initially perceived. Too busy and nondescript as a result.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2024 at 6:14 AM, Aeimnestus79 said:

hello all,

with the nba finals upon us i think it's a good time to think about the 24/25 season. i will give a rundown of next seasons city sets from the best that i can remember.

sixers: white with red "sixers"

spurs: light grey with black "san antonio" in black with orange outline

sac: blue with "kings" in white with red outline. also "100 years of royalty"

portland: black with "ripcity" in a white tartan print with red outline

suns: purple with "the valley" in white with orange outline

orlando: grey with a large "magic" wordmark

okc: black with "oklahoma" in yellow with red outline

nyk: same as last season but in white

pels: dark purple with "NOLA" in gold with bright green outline and swoosh

min: white with "minnesota" in a marble print 

mil: blue with "BUCKS" in white

mia: red "heat culture"

mem: red with "memphis" in white with baby blue drop shadow

lac: beautiful light blue with "clips"

ind: same as last season but white

hou: white with "h-town" in red with black outline

warriors: cant remember if it was black or navy but it had "golden state" in gold with a red swoosh

det: "bone with "pistons" in black

den: white version of last season

dal: white version of last season

cle: baby blue with "the land"

chi: beige with "bulls"

cha: mint with "charlotte" in black with gold outline

bos: black with neon green "celtics"

nets: black version of last year

atl: light blue with "hawks"

lal: purple with "lakeshow" in yellow

hope you all enjoy.

Update: 

Dallas White & Gold for winning the 2024 title.

• LOL 1

13 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Update: 

Dallas White & Gold for winning the 2024 title.

lmao *after game 5 this has aged like milk

• Like 2

spacer.png

58 minutes ago, ThunderCeltic said:

So since Dallas has been using the Statement for everything, will they update their Icon to Navy circa 2001-2010?

Why have two navy jerseys?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.