What If? The Arena Football League Revival Was Done Right?

What If? Arena Football League Revival Was Done Right

So, The Arena Football  League Revival Is Full Of Crap Because Of Lack Of Money And Funds. 

If You Wonder, What If? Arena Football League Revival Was Done Right

18 minutes ago, Josiah2022YT said:

The right way to bring a league back would have been to actually pay for your identities, players, uniforms and arenas. They would have been better to actually bring in teams from the IFL that have shown to be significantly more diligent in making sure that the owners were who they said they were. The Hutton's were expecting nostalgia to do the work for them and it didn't. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The right way to bring a league back would have been to actually pay for your identities, players, uniforms and arenas. They would have been better to actually bring in teams from the IFL that have shown to be significantly more diligent in making sure that the owners were who they said they were. The Hutton's were expecting nostalgia to do the work for them and it didn't. 

Lee Hutton was apparently so upset that the Arizona Rattlers didn't jump ship that the AFL decided to create the Arizona Bandits, awarding them to three local businessmen and hiring legendary AFL coach Darren Arbet to begin play in 2025.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Lee Hutton was apparently so upset that the Arizona Rattlers didn't jump ship that the AFL decided to create the Arizona Bandits, awarding them to three local businessmen and hiring legendary AFL coach Darren Arbet to begin play in 2025.  

Yet the fan base wouldn’t support the Bandits. Rattlers are an established franchise here in the Phoenix area, I do believe that if the Bandits do start playing they wouldn’t last that long imo. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Josiah2022YT said:

Maybe The Philadelphia Soul Will Play In PPL Center, Liacouras Center Or Wells Fargo Arena 

I think they'll play at an abandoned warehouse in Wyoming. Close enough proximity to Philly to use the "Philadelphia" designation.

18 minutes ago, Josiah2022YT said:

Maybe The Philadelphia Soul Will Play In PPL Center, Liacouras Center Or Wells Fargo Arena 

Bear? Is that you?

What makes you think the Soul will return? 

It's where I sit.

42 minutes ago, Josiah2022YT said:

This thread is absurd, but so is the the mention of Liacouras Center, which isn't even remotely large enough for an arena field.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, Josiah2022YT said:

Let's assume most people aren't wondering.

2 hours ago, Josiah2022YT said:

Maybe they could play between innings at Phillies games. I'd tune in for that.

• WOAH 1

BB52Big.jpg

27 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Maybe they could play between innings at Phillies games. I'd tune in for that.

Dude...

I'm not sure if there's enough commercial-break time to play a few minutes at a time in between innings and get more than 30-mins of game-time in, but - hear me out -

what if they played while the Phillies were playing?  I'm not sure the exact specs, but I'm fairly certain they could put the lines for a regulation-arena-sized field in the outfield (or close enough - who really cares how big an arena field is?)  The field-goal posts could be either 1) in play, and an obstacle that the outfielders have to deal with (not to mention the obstacle of 22 players throwing and kicking a ball around and tackling each other) or 2) built into the walls, so all of the field goals and extra points go into the stands.

If they really wanted excitement, they could also put the arena barricades up (since it's not really arena football without the barricades) and outfielders would not only have to run into a live football game to catch a ball, but they'd have to hurdle the barricade too.

Also - arena football players would be allowed to swat balls out of the air if they were getting too close to them, so a visiting-team outfielder could be going for a ball, and a Philadelphia arena player just swats it away... or tackles the motherfluffer!

The best part?  Not every city has an arena team, so some stadiums would be straight-up baseball, and others would be complete mayhem.  Talk about a home-field advantage!

EDIT: and since it's football, you know what rule could get invoked  - but now, a baseball game is going on while the gorilla is deployed!

You're a goddam genius.  An absolute genius.

• Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

39 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Dude...

I'm not sure if there's enough commercial-break time to play a few minutes at a time in between innings and get more than 30-mins of game-time in, but - hear me out -

what if they played while the Phillies were playing?  I'm not sure the exact specs, but I'm fairly certain they could put the lines for a regulation-arena-sized field in the outfield (or close enough - who really cares how big an arena field is?)  The field-goal posts could be either 1) in play, and an obstacle that the outfielders have to deal with (not to mention the obstacle of 22 players throwing and kicking a ball around and tackling each other) or 2) built into the walls, so all of the field goals and extra points go into the stands.

If they really wanted excitement, they could also put the arena barricades up (since it's not really arena football without the barricades) and outfielders would not only have to run into a live football game to catch a ball, but they'd have to hurdle the barricade too.

Also - arena football players would be allowed to swat balls out of the air if they were getting too close to them, so a visiting-team outfielder could be going for a ball, and a Philadelphia arena player just swats it away... or tackles the motherfluffer!

The best part?  Not every city has an arena team, so some stadiums would be straight-up baseball, and others would be complete mayhem.  Talk about a home-field advantage!

EDIT: and since it's football, you know what rule could get invoked  - but now, a baseball game is going on while the gorilla is deployed!

Is the Phanatic and eligible gorilla-blocker?

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

4 minutes ago, McCall said:

Only if baseball and basketball mascots had a WWE cage match 

1 minute ago, McCall said:

It’s a great idea, but having a fat-green-feathery mascot on the field during game action would make the sport seem bush league. If they want to be taken seriously, they’ll stick to the gorilla. They’re on a major-league field. Gotta act like big leaguers. 

• LOL 2

6 minutes ago, BBTV said:

It’s a great idea, but having a fat-green-feathery mascot on the field during game action would make the sport seem bush league. If they want to be taken seriously, they’ll stick to the gorilla. They’re on a major-league field. Gotta act like big leaguers. 

True. This is very true. Otherwise we might be left wondering, "what if it was done right?"🤔

• Applause 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Dude...

Outstanding.

I just had the seed of an idea. You were the one who took it home. 

BB52Big.jpg

4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Bear? Is that you?

What makes you think the Soul will return? 

Bear 124 on ArenaFan:

"So and so has new arena coming.  Do it mean AF2 or AF3?"

• Like 1