2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

5 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Somehow Detroit looks worse this year.  Oh… maybe it’s the mono blue with no pants stripe.  So stupid. 

It's definitely the stripeless pants. At least the previous set's blue pants had stripes that matched the sleeve stripes. 

• Like 4

This game is just a slightly worse looking version of the playoff game. I didn’t mind their previous mono blue since it had thick gray striping on the pants.

I almost would’ve preferred them in black rather than getting basically a repeat uniform matchup.

18 minutes ago, ruttep said:

It's definitely the stripeless pants. At least the previous set's blue pants had stripes that matched the sleeve stripes. 

Yup.  No clue why they ditched the stripes on the blue pants.  

still wish they would just wear blue over silver at home though. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3

I assume the logic for no stripes is that the same pair of pants can be worn with both the blue and white jerseys without having mismatched stripes. I don't think it'd be a big deal if the pants just had the home jersey stripes, although I'm firmly in the silver pants for all games camp.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Shumway said:

I assume the logic for no stripes is that the same pair of pants can be worn with both the blue and white jerseys without having mismatched stripes. I don't think it'd be a big deal if the pants just had the home jersey stripes, although I'm firmly in the silver pants for all games camp.

If that was the intent, I would have gone with silver stripes on the blue pants and blue stripes on everything else.

• Like 1

Lions fans seem to love mono combos since the team happened to win a lot when they wear them, but I'd argue that's just what happens when a team has a great season and that has nothing to do with the uniforms. But unfortunately I see mono combos being the most popular in Detroit for the foreseeable future. Shame, because it's a great uniform set with silver pants. Mono combos with stripeless pants reduce it to bottom-tier.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, ruttep said:

Lions fans seem to love mono combos since the team happened to win a lot when they wear them, but I'd argue that's just what happens when a team has a great season and that has nothing to do with the uniforms. But unfortunately I see mono combos being the most popular in Detroit for the foreseeable future. Shame, because it's a great uniform set with silver pants. Mono combos with stripeless pants reduce it to bottom-tier.

Might I say also similar to the Saints having most of their recent success wearing all-black dating back to the Payton/Brees era. The black pants became the go-to look.

I really blame Payton for starting the madness like what’s happening in Denver. Even when the Saints had black pants before Payton, the Saints frequently still wore gold pants under Haslett/Brooks.

1 hour ago, canzman said:

Regular Season Week 2 (Part1)
Bills at Dolphins
JBQ8zgg.jpg PMzRPWi.jpg
Raiders at Ravens
pnCmkta.jpg BSH4iuh.jpg
Chargers at Panthers
fQvx1UT.jpg 6FNpAhJ.jpg
Saints at Cowboys
4JcMouj.jpg qzVxrfL.jpg
Buccaneers at Lions
ki4tVb0.jpg AlZ1h9A.jpg
Colts at Packers
LWN1Tm5.jpg B5xP8kc.jpg
Browns at Jaguars
yRiGOlO.jpg 9811XBW.jpg
49ers at Vikings
nNde5E4.jpg uSM0RNq.jpg

Cowboys vs. Browns looked great yesterday. It was definitely one of the best uniform matchups of the week.

With that said, the Cowboys could have another great matchup next week, but only IF the Saints wear black/gold. They typically wear that combo on the road when their opponent goes WAH, but they’ve also gone all-black on the road for a few of those games recently. Hoping that’s not the case here, but ya know they destroyed Carolina in them yesterday so…

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

Hopefully with a new regime in New England, they'll break out grey/silver pants more frequently at home. I doubt it but I'll dream.

Something tells me Belichick didn't cared at all about what the team wore and let the players decide. So a possibility there is a change in that with a regime change but at the same time Mayo gives off players coach vibes, and will let the players decide because he wants them to feel comfortable with what they are wearing. 

14 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Somehow Detroit looks worse this year.  Oh… maybe it’s the mono blue with no pants stripe.  So stupid. 

The jerseys were the only thing that looked better. I like the sleeve striping, but it's way too busy for a helmet.

16 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

The jerseys were the only thing that looked better. I like the sleeve striping, but it's way too busy for a helmet.

I definitely agree with that.  I get the idea but there’s no need to carry the striping pattern to every element.  They could simplify it on the helmet and pants.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Hopefully with a new regime in New England, they'll break out grey/silver pants more frequently at home. I doubt it but I'll dream.

Mike Reiss, their best beat reporter, said this offseason that the team was going to wear them again this year, and maybe multiple times! So I'm not expecting them to become anything more than an alternate. Kraft seems to love the all blue. 

• Like 1