2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

9 hours ago, ruttep said:

These "white overload" (all white vs white leggings) games have become a thing in recent years and it's infuriating. Especially since most of the time, the dark jersey/ white leggings looks weren't even designed for leggings, it's just that when given the choice, the vast majority of players these days don't want to wear contrasting socks. 

It's been suggested that the color rush program (which ended after 2017) started teams' bad obsession on these things.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

3 minutes ago, AnPheitseog said:

Honestly, lets embrace the white leggings.

White leggins replace the sanitaries and then put a sleeve sock(think like soccer) on top. We get the look we all want, players get to have their comfort. Win win

Or teams could get leggings in the right colors.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

Just now, rfraser85 said:

Or teams could get leggings in the right colors.

Honestly, that wouldnt even look as good or as simple.

The traditional look for football is to have a half white sock and half colour. By replacing the white sock with a white legging and keeping the upper colour sock, it gets us something really close to the traditional look. Even half and half leggings or proper colours, while better than just white, doesnt get the same look.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

23 minutes ago, AnPheitseog said:

Honestly, that wouldnt even look as good or as simple.

The traditional look for football is to have a half white sock and half colour. By replacing the white sock with a white legging and keeping the upper colour sock, it gets us something really close to the traditional look. Even half and half leggings or proper colours, while better than just white, doesnt get the same look.

Half and half, no. But I meant solid color leggings. The solid color socks have grown on me, even white in the right circumstances. I don't think the traditional socks are coming back without league enforcement, and the league doesn't seem interested in that, so this is the next best thing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

Half and half, no. But I meant solid color leggings. The solid color socks have grown on me, even white in the right circumstances. I don't think the traditional socks are coming back without league enforcement, and the league doesn't seem interested in that, so this is the next best thing.

Goodell's Goons seem to have given up entirely on enforcing uniform standards. They would probably allow Sean Taylor's facemask taping with no fines in this day.

• Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, AnPheitseog said:

Honestly, lets embrace the white leggings.

White leggins replace the sanitaries and then put a sleeve sock(think like soccer) on top. We get the look we all want, players get to have their comfort. Win win

Their comfort is only half the issue. I think a majority of them legitimately think having no contrast with the pants or wearing white socks with a uniform absolutely not designed for white socks looks good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Does Denver not have their orange uniforms yet?  So strange to not wear orange at home in the preseason and now again for the home opener. 

Maybe they’re just obsessed with being icy right now. Naturally, the second the actual weather gets icy, they’ll stop wearing white at home. They’ll probably try to ice out their pants and socks as often as not, though. 

• Eyeroll 1

51 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

The fact that we are thanking and praising the Detroit Lions for wearing their standard home uniform sums up what a disaster NFL uniforms have become. 

And even then, the promotional photo featured a prominent black slob shirt. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Does Denver not have their orange uniforms yet?  So strange to not wear orange at home in the preseason and now again for the home opener. 

It's most likely because of Sean Payton. He had the Saints in white jerseys at home for a lot of his time in New Orleans. The Broncos' owner gave him a lot of power in the Denver job.