2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

14 hours ago, ruttep said:

This is the least surprising news ever. This is the only light combo (white or bone) that the Rams have ever worn against the Niners (they've worn it five times).

I think they might be afraid of clashing the sol pants with the gold of SF.  Frankly it didn't stop the NFCCG from looking great when they went blue over sol/yellow so I'm not sure

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

The 49ers have worn the throwbacks with the white pants against the Rams and they still always go with blue pants.

I'd argue that the two instances that they wore white over blue against the Niners' throwbacks were considered special occasions for the Rams, since they were the first two times white over blue was ever worn.

7 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Chargers in all white vs Pittsburgh

GX8IdVdaUAA9IWH?format=jpg&name=large

No blue socks, no yellow pants, no color, nothing 🤮

It doesn't say anything about the socks. Just the jerseys and pants.

The picture may not show the blue socks, but that doesn't determine whether they will use them or not. But we'll see.

Chargers are one of the teams who are good about not going crazy with the solid white.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

54 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

It doesn't say anything about the socks. Just the jerseys and pants.

The picture may not show the blue socks, but that doesn't determine whether they will use them or not. But we'll see.

Chargers are one of the teams who are good about not going crazy with the solid white.

The fact that they don’t say anything  about socks tells me they don’t care about socks 

13 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

The fact that they don’t say anything  about socks tells me they don’t care about socks 

I myself never cared about socks...heck, I'm lucky I wear matching socks when I leave for work.

But this rampant mismatching of socks and pressure socks that only seem to come in white are enraging.

• Applause 1

On 9/19/2024 at 9:14 PM, Klondyke said:

uh why did the Jets not match their helmets to the jersey? Looks fine with the whites,  but it looks really bad with the greens on TV.spacer.png

...I'm not seeing it. One is cloth, one is a metallic finish automotive-painted shell. But the colors, for being two different materials and finishes, match pretty well...

....unless you want them yo cover their jerseys with automotive green dazzle paint, which might be awkward to play in

• Like 1

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

10 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Yeah, never read into the sock color if it isn’t specified. Probably just a photo of a guy who happens to wear white ones.

It has been confirmed though that everyone on the Lions will be wearing solid white below the waist tomorrow…

Against a team in all black head to toe. It's the Guards against the Mean Machine in The Longest Yard.

23 hours ago, ruttep said:

They were so diligent about the blue socks since this set came out  . . .

Not really. They have long been one of the teams where different players wear different sock colors. They don’t ALL wear icy white as a TEAM, but they have players doing their own thing like many other teams do. 

12 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Yeah, never read into the sock color if it isn’t specified. Probably just a photo of a guy who happens to wear white ones.

It has been confirmed though that everyone on the Lions will be wearing solid white below the waist tomorrow…

It shouldn’t be allowed for one guy to “happen” to wear a different sock color from his teammates. If socks are part of the uniform, they should be UNIFORM. 

Also, here’s hoping the Lions get smoked by AZ so badly that they decide to burn the white pants and socks.  

The Texans white jerseys are growing on me, especially paired with blue pants. The super dark navy looks good in natural light. Give me red numbers and red socks with the blue pants and I could really get behind the look. It would at least be a lateral move from the original set.

• Like 2