2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

Just now, Colin56 said:

The GUD sock-switching animation annoys the crap out of me. If individual players aren't wearing the right socks, that shouldn't be GUD's problem, especially if it's only a couple of them. I didn't see a single Charger wearing white leggings vs the Chiefs but apparently the white and blue socks were both equally valid according to GUD.

My thoughts exactly. Plus it makes it harder to copy and paste when they’re GIFs.

It does get a bit confusing at times when teams like the Vikings and Eagles have only a handful of players in the color socks. At that point it seems like they’re the ones being different.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

My thoughts exactly. Plus it makes it harder to copy and paste when they’re GIFs.

It does get a bit confusing at times when teams like the Vikings and Eagles have only a handful of players in the color socks. At that point it seems like they’re the ones being different.

GUD has said that they follow the "rule of three," where if they can spot at least three players wearing a specific color of socks, then they include it in that week's uniform listing.

• Like 4

The sock thing is annoying, but I blame the players more than I blame GUD, which is simply reflecting what's actually happening as accurately as possible.

My only gripe with GUD is that they use 11 for all of the numbers, so you don't get any sense of the team's actual font.  Going with the year would be better.

• Like 8

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

I would be more hyped for these Jags uniforms if they were being worn against a more appealing opponent than the white legging Colts. Still, it’s a great-looking uniform that hopefully inspires an overhaul this offseason.

Would be nice if the Colts brought out their blue britches, even if they're the patterned color rush version.

25 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Still petition to make the purple pants the main road look. That and do black/purple as the home. 

It seems like teams with 2 or 3 pant colors won't ever have a "main" road look. The mixing and matching, superstitions, social media uniform combo announcements, players having more say than they used to, etc. all encourage teams to switch things up constantly. Unless of course it's the Saints or the Cardinals who are required to look like crap every week.

This is why I lower my expectations and sometimes hope teams wear suckier combos for certain games so that there is a chance they save a better look for a better opponent later on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Saints go Color Rush (aka the superior all-white) against the Chiefs on MNF.

The Saints Color Rush against the Chiefs primary home red/white would be a great matchup, but I could also see the Chiefs going all-red in primetime…

Hopefully if they do that they go with the primary gold helmet. That black helmet makes no sense, it clashes with the throwback vibe of the rest of the uniform.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

It seems like teams with 2 or 3 pant colors won't ever have a "main" road look. The mixing and matching, superstitions, social media uniform combo announcements, players having more say than they used to, etc. all encourage teams to switch things up constantly. Unless of course it's the Saints or the Cardinals who are required to look like crap every week.

This is why I lower my expectations and sometimes hope teams wear suckier combos for certain games so that there is a chance they save a better look for a better opponent later on.

That and rooting for teams to lose in their sucky combos so they won't wear them as often

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Not as good as blue over yellow, but certainly better than all blue

My thought process is the Rams will never wear yellow pants against a team that is also wearing yellow pants. That's what happened last year against the Steelers too. My hope is that they're otherwise phasing out the bone pants. They were only worn twice last year.

I don’t hate this decision by the Rams. Obviously regular white pants would work better, but double yellow pants would’ve been too much, and the all-blue look wouldn’t have been much better.

It’s odd though that they modeled the mono blue look as the primary home when they unveiled these uniforms, but they don’t really wear them for home games. Hasn’t happened since Christmas ‘22.

• Like 1