2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

1 minute ago, Old School Fool said:

That's because it's lazily done. All they did was change the number font, changed the green and added a gray facemask. There are several other things that would have made this stand out like having the proper helmet logo.

1390525848000-f09-69jets-1-01.jpg

The wrong logo on then helmet, sidelines, midfield and endzones. They're not even using the old school AFL or AFC logo. They legit just grabbed their pre-2018 stuff and painted it Kelly Green. 

That being said, they still look great. This is what I wanted the Jets to do from the start instead of whatever that was they did during the 2018 rebrand. 

• Like 3

XM4KeeA.png

Plenty of inaccuracies to this set, but the fundamentals are down. This is the canonical Jets uniform, not whatever they wore in the late '80s. This is the direction they should have gone in years ago, bypassing the whole Performance Triangles era altogether as well as the throwbacks they have now.

• Like 8
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

44 minutes ago, Klondyke said:

Rodgers has played 6 games for the Jets and worn a version of a jersey from every set the Jets have ever had (not including the NY Titans)

spacer.png

Not really true. 

Never worn the 90s set

The 2019-23 set he only wore in preseason.

Never wore the 98-18 set with green facemasks

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, The_Admiral said:

Plenty of inaccuracies to this set, but the fundamentals are down. This is the canonical Jets uniform, not whatever they wore in the late '80s. This is the direction they should have gone in years ago, bypassing the whole Performance Triangles era altogether as well as the throwbacks they have now.

I think they have it perfect as is. The 80s logo is just far better for helmets and TV graphics 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just now, WSU151 said:

I think they have it perfect as is. The 80s logo is just far better for helmets and TV graphics 

The NY in the oval was always begging to be the helmet logo. Continuity with the original logo but gets the point across better. Trying to cram NY Jets and a football into an oval that suggests a football was always bad design, a holdover from when no one gave this much thought, and I never understood why they made a patch of it when a simple "JETS" under the collar would have sufficed. If the Yankees and Mets can coexist with different NY logos, so too could the Giants and Jets, in my opinion.

But this shade of green looks terrific and fixes the biggest problem with the old neo-retros, which was that sickly olive green that was always like three different shades in different places. 

• Like 4

I don't care what anybody says, the Jets can alternate between these throwbacks, no matter how many little discrepancies there are from the originals (the shoulder will always be a problem, because Nike?) and the Sack Exchange ones every other game, every other year and I'll be more than fine with it.

A real green, not forest green, not some military styled olive green (what the 00s/10s set started to devolve into) and no black.

These are the two uniforms that are completely Jets, and I'm all for it.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Klondyke said:

Compared these ones to the ones on TV, the green does look a bit darker here, but that might just be the picture quality

spacer.png

The green seems lightened on this new version of the Jets' white uniform. There's no Jet logo on the chest region.

1 hour ago, fouhy12 said:

I like their current unis, but I would not be mad at all if they used some version of this set. Green over white at home, white over green on the road, all white for warm weather games. All with the black cleats. 

I thought the old AFL teams all wore white cleats. I guess I imagined it. I know the Raiders did.

Here's the thing with the Jets' journey and my line about the Super Bowl III jerseys being more or less "canonical": I believe that once you go back to an original/championship color scheme, original logo, or both after years of deviating from it in various ways, then you are done, that's it, you have declared that you made some mistakes along the way but corrected them and this is what you are from here on out, sorry about all that.

The Padres dicked around with a bunch of different color schemes and identities until they gave the people what they wanted and went back to the original brown and yellow. Awesome, I love it, but that means no more new color schemes, no more big ideas. Canucks, green and blue, same thing. Astros, orange and blue, same thing, with the addition of finally winning* championships in the original colors. I hate the Milwaukee Bucks' uniforms for a few reasons--the ill-fitting black and blue, the hideous writing-in-duct-tape font, the evil deer--but what I hate most of all is that they finally identified the mistake of leaving behind the forest green and red they won a championship in for Barney colors and then left it again

The Jets are even more maddening because they did the right thing and went back to the Namath uniforms, but then they scrapped them for a bad modern design, breaking my rule, then scrapped that design for a different set of throwbacks, only to dip their feet in alternate throwbacks that cover two uniforms ago as well as what those uniforms threw back to in the first place. It's all over the place in a league that's already suffering from the most chaotic branding it's ever seen in its long-conservative history.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

The Saints posted earlier that Thursday night will be a “blackout” and is urging all the fans to wear black.

So as far as your all-black assumption, you’re on the right track…

Wow how creative of them, this must be a real event game!

8 hours ago, gothedistance said:

It will be a missed opportunity if they don't wear these white uniforms again against the Colts. I think  the jets should do it. Even if it means going 3 straight home games without wearing the primary green.

They already did in 2018.

1066231696.jpg.jpg

By the way, seeing a lighter green on the throwbacks made me realize how much I actually preferred the darker green, that or I've been so use to seeing that look for 20+ years with the dark green that it looked like my TV had messed up color settings and it didn't help I just got a new TV.

All in all, I don't like the Namath era look anymore and I'm glad they're done with it.

• Like 3

bSLCtu2.png

14 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I bet if the Saints modified the gold pants to not have stripes they’d wear them more often.

Don't give them any ideas now.

• Like 2