2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

13 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

My bad. Why don’t we go ahead and throw a gray mask on the Jaguars and Ravens too. 

I am in favor of this.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

50 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Just one time play along. Please, Falcons.

mvdlvomcwdmj546etn1o.jpg

That is what I was saying. I like to see the throwbacks on both sides. This is from the 1980's (which I love the Falcons 1978-1989 uniforms), but at least it pans on what we want to see if it's the Falcons 1966 and Bucs 1976 uniforms, it will work big time.

2 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Ravens are the #1 team in the NFL due for a makeover.

I'd put Jaguars, Titans, Patriots (unless they commit to common sense and wear better uni combos),  Panthers, Falcons, Commanders, Rams, and Seahawks ahead of them. I could definitely get behind a few tweaks here and there, but I don't think they need to reinvent the wheel and go full overhaul.

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

Ravens are the #1 team in the NFL due for a makeover.

Yeah...I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with that one, especially when the SNATIT still exist.

Since we're on this train, my submission of NFL teams most in need of a makeover, in order of precedence, is as follows:

1.) SNATIT. First, the league effed up by mandating a navy helmet for them. Second, that team is way too navy-heavy. Third, they're also too gray-heavy, in that neither of the grays are needed. Fourth, those numbers. They match exactly nothing else in the identity (aside from the pointy serifs, but even that is tenuous.) Five, they need like 80% more columbia blue...oh, and the white helmets definitely need a comeback.

2.) Falcons. Sure, they're somewhat passable in certain combos (B/B/W/B and B/W/W/B are decent enough), but those numbers...when the 6s look like Gs, we have a problem. The gunmetal gray masks are also a problem...especially given the only other gray/silver present is in the logo's keyline.

3.) Jaguars. All I'm gonna say about this right now is that they look like a JV practice squad out there.

4.) Commanders. Somewhat unpopular opinion: their burgundy jerseys are okay for what they are. Keep that with the yellow pants, redesign the white jerseys to match those burgundy homes, lose the flag-waving-in-the-wind effect, 86 the black trim in those jerseys, and they might be working with something. (They're not needed, but they can even keep those black alternates if they absolutely must.)

As for "slight edits:"

5.) Saints. Really, if they would just [mandate Nike to] darken their gold, closer to what Vanderbilt currently has, and match their helmet shell to that...and actually wear their gold pants as primaries, home and away...they would be a-ok by me.

6.) Broncos. The living breathing definition of "mid". I'm not a fan of them, but I also don't despise them. I suppose if they had proper full-colored sleeve caps instead of that supposed-to-be-mountain peak that looks more like half a Chargers bolt, they'd be a little more than okay. Whatever the case, they definitely can lose the triangles on the backs of the helmets. Those are 100% unnecessary (as is the 5280 stuff).

7.) Seahawks. I guess eleven or twelve years in, these things have grown "mid" on me, too. I guess they're alright...but the white uniforms need much more green. That navy blue can stand to be lightened up too, something closer to a dark royal. But that might be asking too much.

8.) Rams. Kill the bone. All of it. 86 every trace of it. And they'll be set. I know they don't intend to touch the Fibonacci horns, so I won't even go there. Just nix the bone and that will be an 85% improvement.

9.) Lions. At this point, it's a given that white pants are here to stay. If that MUST be the case, just add the blue stripes from the white jerseys to them! They can even keep the plain blue pants as a change-of-pace alternate...but that one small change would go a long way.

10.) Panthers. This is a tough one. When worn right, it's not a bad look. But I can't remember the last time they wore B/S/B properly. The main thing here is their sleeves...swap out that cat and move the TV numbers down there and that'll go a long way toward solving their shoulder swoops...which by the way they should also probably shorten just a tad, something closer to USC so they can fit right.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

That is what I was saying. I like to see the throwbacks on both sides. This is from the 1980's (which I love the Falcons 1978-1989 uniforms), but at least it pans on what we want to see if it's the Falcons 1966 and Bucs 1976 uniforms, it will work big time.

The majority of Tampa Bay fan base and throughout the NFL did not like the BUCS creamsicle uniforms since day 1.  All they represent is losing, so now all of a sudden certain people are clamoring for their return, I just don't understand that.

Atlanta is another story.  Their throwbacks were different and alot better than the trash they're now wearing ..... IMO

24 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

I don't know what it is, but despite violating what I think are core rules for what makes a football uniform look good, I just like the Ravens in their black yoga pants. Maybe it's just seeing these two uniforms growing up, but I think both look good.

I disagree, the black pants needs stripes, but when wearing their white jerseys they look best with the purple pants, they just need white striped socks to bring out the contrast in them.  I don't care for any pants without stripes.  

Detroit for instance, when they wear their new white on white jerseys they'd look so much better with at least wearing Honolulu blue socks.  This thing with sock color matching pants color has gotten out of control.

When Buffalo wears white jerseys and blue pants the matching royal blue socks totally ruins the look.  When they wear their white socks with the blue pants it looks so much better ....  IMO

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I think they could make some small tweaks here and there, but they don't need anything too drastic. They're definitely not the #1 team due for a makeover when the Cowboys and Saints exist.

I think that the only team that has a worse number font is Tennessee.  Those are so bad !!

There's far too much black in the league these days too.

22 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

The majority of Tampa Bay fan base and throughout the NFL did not like the BUCS creamsicle uniforms since day 1.  All they represent is losing, so now all of a sudden certain people are clamoring for their return, I just don't understand that.

Atlanta is another story.  Their throwbacks were different and alot better than the trash they're now wearing ..... IMO

I think you forgot the limited time throwback sequence, right? The Bucs are wearing their throwbacks vs the Atlanta Falcons and the Falcons are coming in like a hot mess. At least the Bucs uniforms (modern and throwback) is consistent and nice. Whereas the Falcons look like a Lowndes Country, Georgia Prison uniforms.

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Yeah...I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with that one, especially when the SNATIT still exist.

1.) SNATIT. First, the league effed up by mandating a navy helmet for them. Second, that team is way too navy-heavy. Third, they're also too gray-heavy, in that neither of the grays are needed. Fourth, those numbers. They match exactly nothing else in the identity (aside from the pointy serifs, but even that is tenuous.) Five, they need like 80% more columbia blue...oh, and the white helmets definitely need a comeback.

Agreed on the heaviness of navy. Disagree on the gray heavy. Just make it silver. In fact, they should just go with something similar to this.

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

At least they wore process cyan socks to go with the black pants. At least it wasn't yoga pants city like the New Orleans Aints.

It's process blue, not process cyan. That's a different color.

pantone-process-cyan-c-vs-pantone-proces

the user formerly known as cdclt