2024 NFL Season Through Super Bowl LIX

Very efficient of the Vikings to get their heartbreaking moment of random misfortune out of the way nice and early instead of waiting for the last two minutes of a wild card game they're up 3 in

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Predictions anyone?

AFC

East 

1. NY Jets (3)

2. Buffalo (5)

3. Miami 

4. New England

South

1. Houston (4)

2. Jacksonville

3. Indianapolis

4. Tennessee

West

1. Kansas City (1)

2. LA Chargers (6)

3. Denver

4. Las Vegas

North

1. Baltimore (2)

2. Cincinnati (7)

3. Cleveland

4.  Pittsburgh

NFC

East

1. Philly (3)

2. Dallas (6)

3. NY Giants

4. Washington

South

1. Atlanta (4)

2. New Orleans

3. Tampa Bay

4. Carolina

West

1. San Francisco (1)

2. LA Rams (5)

3. Seattle

4. Arizona

North

1. Detroit (2)

2. Chicago (7)

3. Green Bay 

4. Minnesota

PLAYOFFS

AFC

Cincinnati over Baltimore

NY Jets over LA Chargers

Houston over Buffalo 

Kansas City over Houston 

NY Jets over Cincinnati

Kansas City over NY Jets

NFC

Detroit over Chicago

Philly over Dallas

LA Rams over Atlanta

San Francisco over LA Rams

Detroit over Philly

San Francisco over Detroit

SB- San Fran over Kansas City

sig.png

13 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Predictions anyone?

North

2. Chicago (7)

3. Green Bay 

I don't make predictions, but I predict this isn't correct.

• LOL 2

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Lol....this could be the Lions fan in me talking, but I feel like Green Bay massively overachieved last year. I just dont trust Jordan Love. I also think the Bears are a dark horse.

And this is the joy of football fandom!  Good luck this season!

It's where I sit.

The Packers overachieve almost every year not because of organizational excellence but despite a lack of it. They get a quarterback who covers a multitude of sins, do almost everything else wrong, and then everyone pretends they're like the St. Louis Cardinals because they're from a smaller city and beat Chicago all the time. It works, though! That's how important quarterbacks are. And they'll probably do it again.

Bears should and need to finish third with 7 wins this year. If they can't, they'll need yet another new coach and will have to explain to everyone how they can keep being this bad and still demand public money.

2 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

The Packers overachieve almost every year not because of organizational excellence but despite a lack of it. They get a quarterback who covers a multitude of sins, do almost everything else wrong, and then everyone pretends they're like the St. Louis Cardinals because they're from a smaller city and beat Chicago all the time. It works, though! That's how important quarterbacks are. And they'll probably do it again.

Bears should and need to finish third with 7 wins this year. If they can't, they'll need yet another new coach and will have to explain to everyone how they can keep being this bad and still demand public money.

The lack of an owner helps. There's nobody butting in with a lack of football knowledge just because they had enough money to buy a team or because their family tree got involved when it was cheaper.

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

The lack of an owner helps. There's nobody butting in with a lack of football knowledge just because they had enough money to buy a team or because their family tree got involved when it was cheaper.

I know they have a board that makes football hiring decisions (and then, to your point, doesn't interfere), but who decides when to fire a GM or head of football ops or whoever the top dawg is?

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I’m still perplexed as to why the Niners, however briefly, thought Trey Lance was an upgrade from Jimmy G. He’s thankfully not the Niners’ problem now.

Trent Williams holding out is the problem now, as is CMC’s injury. This stupid team is gonna repeat their 2021 “Idiot Ball” season, aren’t they?

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I know they have a board that makes football hiring decisions (and then, to your point, doesn't interfere), but who decides when to fire a GM or head of football ops or whoever the top dawg is?

There's a president who's de facto owner. It's been Mark Murphy for a long time, used to be Kevin Harlan's dad (just like the rest of the Fox Sports class of '94, he had a famous dad too). Who fires him? The board, I guess. Who fires the board? I don't know. It's foam cheese hats all the way down.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The_Admiral said:

There's a president who's de facto owner. It's been Mark Murphy for a long time, used to be Kevin Harlan's dad (just like the rest of the Fox Sports class of '94, he had a famous dad too). Who fires him? The board, I guess. Who fires the board? I don't know. It's foam cheese hats all the way down.

Yup that's it.

The Board is 44 or so people (I'm not looking up the number). They hire a search firm these days to replace Murphy, which was done by naming Ed Policy as his successor. Murphy reached mandatory retirement age. 72. That also applies to Board members.

ETA - While the President is the de facto owner,  he can't take money out of the organization, nor can he put it in. That the financial piece is removed seems to eliminate the meddling.

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

I've tried a few times, but they just kick me out of the meeting.

OtwOgUpm.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

2 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Surprised there was not a post on it but Ricky Pearsall got robbed and shot on Saturday, could have been the 2nd tragic death of a sports player in the week if it hit the right artery

Just saw about that. Still processing the Gaudreau tragedy. 

• Like 1

Rael Enteen, Washington's vice president of content the previous four years, also criticized fans and called them "mouth breathers."

Oh well then he'll land on his feet with Dan Le Batard and Meadowlark Media

"Another big chunk is low-income African Americans that comes from a community that is inherently very homophobic."

mmmmm maaaaybe not.

• LOL 1

8 hours ago, MiK said:

To come back to that Commanders story for a second, ESPN unsurprisingly buried the lede here. It was not that he spoke ill of Roger Goodell or called Jerry Jones a racist. I think to some extent, you can do that. I think you're allowed to call your customers mouth-breathers, even though, or rather because, the NFL, the only show America watches on live TV, is such a cultural monolith that to act as if interest is limited to alcoholic dropouts is too farcical to take seriously.

What you cannot do is draw attention to the fact that many blacks in America do hold retrograde attitudes toward homosexuality that their white liberal compatriots would find abhorrent. And what you really really really cannot do is admit to the bald cynicism behind the league's halfhearted "social justice initiatives" that amount to painting "y'all, racism, as it turns out, is bad" on the field so that they can keep up appearances with the professional liberal consensus that determines who spends what where. And you REALLY can't do that when you work for the team that had to change its name because of George Floyd.

• Like 4