Week 2 NFL Uniform Comments

Bob5150

Here are my observations/comments about things I noticed during Week 2.

The Chargers wore their solid blue socks with their blue pants. I think it looked ok, but I like the striped white socks better.

The Browns wore their solid brown socks instead of the ones with the white & orange stripes. I think the striped ones look better.

I think the Jets would look better if they added 2 thin white stripes to their solid green socks, like the Colts did. I think a subtle thing like that can look really good, and keep with the whole 2 stripes throuhgout the uniform.

I'm not digging the Bengals' new uniforms, especially the all black set. I just think the "old" ones were better, and didn't need to be messed with.

I think Seattle's all blue look is getting a little old. It's good for once in a while, but not all the time, even on the road.

I think the Cardinals look better when they wear their red pants with their white jerseys. I like the all white, I just hope they don't start going to that all the time.

I think the Colts would look better with white spikes.

That's my opinions on the uniforms for Week 2. Sorry if I sounded a little negative, most of the stuff I mentioned is just small details, but I think the details are what make a uniform really great.

The Browns wore their solid brown socks instead of the ones with the white & orange stripes. I think the striped ones look better.

The Brownies did this last week, too, but in their all white uniforms. I thought it stood out more with the all-whites. I didn't care for it. It looks great with the brown jersey's, though.

It would also look good with the orange pants.

I disagree, after watching beautiful sunday night football in HD i love the bengals unis. They just look great, especially the numbers for some reason.

Also after watching sunday night football i've decided i would like to see the dolphins in an aqua helmet.

The Ravens all white is boring- they need purple pants.

The Seattle all blue look is old, they are perfect with white pants and dark jerseys and vice versa in seattle.

signature.gif

"Especially the white side panel. That really killed it. Without that, it would've been just fine. The panel didn't match anything, and was just too distracting."

Right on, Eriq. I know that the white panel-to-tiger stripes on the pants actually HAS a "transition" section, but it is barely discernable except in close-up. In regular shots, that white panel sticks out like a sore thumb.

I'm usually not a fan of the non-white mono color look, but if that side-panel thing was taken care of, the Bengals new design might actually work.

Anyone notice how much the Bengals' new unis look like the "tigers" football team unis featured in the futuristic high school football game in "Starship Troopers"?

It is what it is.

I watched last night's game, and the Bengals still look bad. Those new uni's still haven't grown on me, and I think the previous ones were superior.

The Seahawks all blue could indeed get old fast. They look decent when they wear the white pants. I'd like to see the white pants with both the blue AND white jerseys.

The Titans still look ridiculous.

I really like Indy's black shoes.

Detroit really did screw up their uniforms when they added black last year. These just look worse and worse to me every time I see them.

I like the Texans white jerseys alot more than the blue.

The Chargers continue to have the dullest uniforms in the league.

The Bears and Packers, at Lambeau, is one of the best looking games (as far as uniforms) possible.

Looks like the Vikings have made a subtle change to the striping on their white uniforms. It looks like the shoulder stripes are thinner and extend farther around the shoulder instead of the "half stripes" they had the last few seasons.

I'm in the minority, but I like the new Bengals outfits.

The one that I cannot stand, still, is the Texans, for some reason..I don't like them.

I'll agree with you on the Bengals, but have to disagree on Houston.

The Texans' unis are great. The entire uni reflects the perfect simplicity of the logo. Simple design, bold colors. Excellent.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

QUOTE (Bob5150 @ Sunday, September 19th, 2004 - 21:39:34)

The Brownies did this last week, too, but in their all white uniforms. I thought it stood out more with the all-whites. I didn't care for it. It looks great with the brown jersey's, though.

It would also look good with the orange pants.

Yeah they did that all last year, along with changing the striping on the pants and adding the "Browns" script under the collar. I really hate these changes and really think they need to go back to the unis of 2 years ago, with the one pair of white pants and home/road striped socks. I have to disagree with you about the Colts, I am actually in love with their new (retro) look, and I don't think there can be enough black "sneaks" in football, and I dig the gray facemasks and darker blue too.

pflava Posted on Monday, September 20th, 2004 - 14:31:39

Detroit really did screw up their uniforms when they added black last year. These just look worse and worse to me every time I see them.

I know I'm in the minority but I like the black as long as you don't wear black sleeves underneath (I'm looking at you Joey Harrington) anyway the black adds a nice accent color to a decent color combo

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

I know I'm in the minority but I like the black as long as you don't wear black sleeves underneath (I'm looking at you Joey Harrington) anyway the black adds a nice accent color to a decent color combo

If it existed from the begining. Black for the sake of looking "tough" or whatever it is, is just lame to me. To me its dated.

pcgd Posted on Tuesday, September 21st, 2004 - 12:15:20

QUOTE (voodoo47 @ Tuesday, September 21st, 2004 - 13:57:35)

If it existed from the begining. Black for the sake of looking "tough" or whatever it is, is just lame to me. To me its dated.

I don't think it looks "tougher" I think it accents the silver better so it's more obivious, beside the black blends in with the blue so it's not super noticeable

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

I live in Ohio and AFAIK the Browns have worn solid color socks (ugly) since their re-inception in 1999. They also changed two things on the shirts: they moved the numbers to the top of the shoulder and added the original full striping scheme to the sleeves. The only changes since then have had to do with the stripes on the pants. The Browns now have 3 pairs of pants, 1 orange and 2 white pairs which are almost identical. Am I wrong?

Archived