Ichiro makes record!

Swiss

Lol

We dont need an asterisk.

In 44 years of a 162 game schedlue nobody has done it.

Plus the extra games are countered by the vastly improved pitching. I'd like to see Sisler hit against modern-day pitchers...

VmWIn6B.png

Lol

Plus the extra games are countered by the vastly improved pitching. I'd like to see Sisler hit against modern-day pitchers...

Yeah, but even with "vastly improved pitching" you don't necessarily see pitching records of this magnitude falling every day... so either the hitters were also worse back then (which means the proportions haven't changed, making the record just as impressive), or the pitching wasn't all that bad back then either.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Hate to interrupt, but does the title of this thread remind anyone else of that point in "Eddie" where Dwayne Schintzius (yes, I looked it up) goes "Ivan make baskeet!"

Didn't think so. Just as well. Resume normal conversation.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Lol

Yeah, but even with "vastly improved pitching" you don't necessarily see pitching records of this magnitude falling every day... so either the hitters were also worse back then (which means the proportions haven't changed, making the record just as impressive), or the pitching wasn't all that bad back then either.

Yes, but a lot of those early pitching records will never be broken. 41 wins in a season (not sure by who), Cy Youngs all time win total.

I'd imagine pitchers played a lot more often in those days. So a lot of those records can't ever be broken due to how often these guys play. I don't think pitchers even get 41 starts in a season.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yes, but a lot of those early pitching records will never be broken. 41 wins in a season (not sure by who), Cy Youngs all time win total.

I'd imagine pitchers played a lot more often in those days. So a lot of those records can't ever be broken due to how often these guys play. I don't think pitchers even get 41 starts in a season.

I think they should put in a modern day record and an old record that figure out a date when the pitching stats started to go down and the hitting stats started to go up.

Jack Chesbro

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

QUOTE (InTheEnd88 @ Sunday, October 3rd, 2004 - 01:03:37)

My only issue, as stated before, is the vast amount of singles in his reacord, 222.

It is now his record and should not have an asterisk. Payton didn't get one when he pasted Jim Brown(12 vs. 14 game seasons). Emmitt didn't get one when he passed Payton(14 vs. 16 game season).

semperfi.gif

the fact is Ichiro broke the record 84 years after sisler set the record, things have changed a lot in baseball, maybe it was easier to get hits back then, you dont know so instead of giving him the asteric give him an Iiichiiroo!!!

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

the fact is Ichiro broke the record 84 years after sisler set the record, things have changed a lot in baseball, maybe it was easier to get hits back then, you dont know so instead of giving him the asteric give him an Iiichiiroo!!!

Obviously it was easier. .400 was a regular thing back then, now it's like the search for the holy grail.

semperfi.gif

Obviously it was easier. .400 was a regular thing back then, now it's like the search for the holy grail.

Did someone demand a shrubbery?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Did someone demand a shrubbery?

a nice one, not too expensive.

We are now the Knights Who Say 'Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv'.

Oh--stop complaining eveybody--both were considerable achievments--and reasons for that have been posted...

Why not list them both?

And why get all worked up about it?

"It's only a model"

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived