Demise of Lacrosse Denied (this year...)

schlim

Unlike their hockey brethern, the lacrosse community averted a threat from the owners that would have cancelled theseason and probably would've killed the indoor league off for good. I used to go to games in New England all the time, and loved it. Although I can only follow it from the web now, it would've been a sad thing to see the league fold.

http://www.nll.com/article_1471.shtml

With the NHL strike, there's (wishful?) talk throughout the fan circles of the league that they can convert a few fans and make the league grow.

*SIGH* thank god... just when I had things going with the ULL, I thought it would all be for nothing.

I'm glad they came up with a CBA at the last minute. Good for them. Let's hope they get better attendance this year cause of the hockey lockout.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

If you live near an NLL venue, I strongly urge you to go to a game.

Oh I did, I did a-plenty.

Too bad the rest of Ottawa didn't listen, because my NLL experiences were crazy awesome, what with the hot-tub seats and the Rebel cheerleaders and all. It was one all out party every home game, despite the terrible teram and even worse logo/jersey. What a shame they left. Oh well, at least there's a season for the rest of you lax fans. Maybe the NHL can take some notes. (What? I wanted to be the first one to blurt out the obvious.)

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Colorado Mammoth games actually happen to be my favorite professional sporting events to attend. They have a much more fan friendly feel to them, they're a lot cheaper than Avs and Broncos games, and the action is just as fun to watch. My favorite thing ever was the PA announcer saying...

"San Jose goal scored by #12, Brian Ka- eh, who cares?"

**don't quote me on the name or number or even if there is a team in San Jose. It was an example.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived