Football Rules

mjrbaseball

:flagcanada:

Just wondering ... What rules do Canadian colleges play football by?

In the U.S., colleges and professionals use different rules. So in Canada, do colleges follow U.S. collegiate rules, or CFL rules, or a set of rules all their own?

CK3ZP8E.jpg

They follow a set of rules very similar to, if not identical to, the CFL.

No, it's not hyped as much, but one of my school (University of Manitoba)'s products, Israel Idonije, is playing for the Bears right now, and apparently impressing Coach Lovie Smith.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Do they have a BCS type of thing?

Thankfully no! We have four regional conferences, Western Canada, Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic. The conference and national champion is decided by a playoff format. The championship game is named the Vanier Cup held in November. This year the game moved from SkyDome to Hamilton

http://www.universitysport.ca/e/members/region.cfm

I saw, I came, I left.

Thankfully no! We have four regional conferences, Western Canada, Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic. The conference and national champion is decided by a playoff format. The championship game is named the Vanier Cup held in November. This year the game moved from SkyDome to Hamilton

Seems like a good idea.

Why didn't we think of that?

Seems like a good idea.

I don't think moving our championship game to Hamilton is that great of an idea. :P

This year the game moved from SkyDome to Hamilton

Seems like a good idea.

I don't think moving our championship game to Hamilton is that great of an idea. :P

:lol: I was thinking the same thing

I saw, I came, I left.

http://www.universitysport.ca/e/members/region.cfm

How/Why is is the Moncton, Alberta, and Regina have 2 mascots?

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

seems like a common practice up there...it's done here too, only not as often (and i'm not talking about stuff like Wildcats/Lady Cats or Cowboys/Cowgirls). Buffalo's mens teams are the Bulls, and the women's teams are the Royals. and if you've ever heard of Arkansas Tech, their men are the Wonder Boys. Tired of being called the Lady Wonders and such, the women's teams decided upon Golden Suns. I'm somewhat hesitant to count it, but you got North Texas, the men are teh Mean Green and the women are the Lady Eagles.

i figure there are more, but i'm too tired to look.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

No, but we do have this fun thing known as the CIS Top Ten. See my sig....

PS-- Go Huskies! Take that SyPhi! :P

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived