Boston's incapacity to beat History

Swiss

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Umps have decided who they wantto win.

Teh CUrse is over the Sox have won this series Game 7 is a mere fromaility they should give rings to these umpires.

you've gotta be kidding me....

the HR hits a girl in the front row in the stomach, and a-rod karate chops arroyo, but the umps are biased?

IF, and I mean IF there is a curse on teh Red Sox... it is working now. Being swept by the Yankees? pfft, thats no curse, thats bad baseball... but the curse is much more than being swept, nono, that would be quick and painless. How could the curse effect the Red Sox the most? drag it out to game 7, filling the Sox with hope of pulling off a miracle, and then BAM! something stupid happens and they lose. Folks, we will find out game 7 if there is indeed a curse. Actually I take that back... they still have the World Series to blow even if they beat the Yanks. Its exciting now...

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

STRIKE OUT! There'll be a Game 7.

I don't think that BoSox will get this one. Remember the big momentum that gave winning Game 6 of the 1975 WS... to lose Game 7.

Same thing with 1946 WS, 1967 WS and 1986 WS.

The Yankees are still the Yankees. The best ever baseball club. They will play with rage that Game 7.

The Red Sox always find new ways to lose... per example: avoiding a sweep, take the series to 3 apiece and... lose the decisive Game 7.

The Yanks have more experience to win decisive games than Boston.

Game 7 is a formality for the NY Yankees.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

No the curse is dead it died Sunday.

This is just like 1994 with the Rangers Mark Messiers game in Game 6 ended that curse. Beating Rivera twice broke this curse.

Tommorow Wakefield will pitch good enough and Brown wil get hamered Sox 9 Yanks 5 and teh Sox will win the World Series, there is no way they willlose after this.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I thought maybe it was broken when that Sox player hit that home run at Fenway in September that winded up breaking the nose of the man that currently lives in Babe Ruth's old Boston house.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

But if the Sox somehow lose tomorrow Yankee Nation will say the so-called curse is alive and well.

The true exorcism of this so-called curse will be if the Red Sox win the whole fluffing thing.

Until then, we have a Game 7. Let's worry about that first.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

capt.nyy15110200408.alcs_red_sox_yankees_nyy151.jpg

Rodríguez beats the arm of Arroyo.

Remember that Rodríguez gestured with joy when reached first base? He knew very well that he did.

pennants.png

capt.nyy15110200408.alcs_red_sox_yankees_nyy151.jpg

Rodríguez beats the arm of Arroyo.

Remember that Rodríguez gestured with joy when reached first base? He knew very well that he did.

He didn't actually touch first base though, which is the funny thing. (He did after he was called safe and the play was finally dead, mind you...)

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

r2029561294.jpg

This actually was a home run. The ball hit this fellow above the fence.

Watch the direction of the stare of those guys.

pennants.png

He didn't actually touch first base though, which is the funny thing. (He did after he was called safe and the play was finally dead, mind you...)

Ha ha! You are right... he slammed his hands with joy and run to second base without touching first base.

pennants.png

Tank -- I'm absolutely amazed that you think because the umpires made the correct call that they're biased towards the Red Sox. Actually, I half expected it from you. Wow! That's all that I can say, I think you're alone on this argument.

The umpires were great, the right calls prevailed. I heard one of the commentators say this during the Raiders/Broncos NFL game, and I couldn't agree more that we, as fans, are so quick to point out when refs/umpires doing something wrong, and they never get their due credit when they make a correct call.

So I will go ahead and say that these umpires did as good of a job making the calls, and when they were wrong, correcting the calls. There, I said it.

Now, I'm surprised their hasn't been more talk of a certain Curt Schilling. An amazing performance by him on a bum ankle.

I think the Red Sox definetely have the advantage over the Yankees heading into game 7. Derek Lowe (who will be starting) has pitched better than Kevin Brown, or did in their first outings, anyway. Then, if Lowe struggles, they have Wakefield out of the bullpen who has been very good. Not to mention they have all the momentum.

Also -- did anyone else cringe whenever they saw someone reach out and try to catch a line drive foul ball? That had to be painful. Oh well, any pain was well deserved after they threw stuff onto the field.

IUe6Hvh.png

I have to say that the last three nights have been some of the best sports I've ever watched....and I've watched a lot!I was watching in 1986 forst when Dave Henderson hit the 2 strike homer and then of course thr Buckner play.All that aside even if the Red Sox cant pull it out tommorrow night I think this should still be considered amazing on the fact that they've showed tremendous heart and determination just to keep fighting to give themselves a chance to play in the World Series.Schilling's performance tonight was just brilliant,nothing else to be said.That's was just total guts on his part and he willed the Sox to the victory.Now with Lowe going tommorrow night you have to think that if Torre can pitch El Duque he will,but we'll see.Hold on folks!!

98Falcons.png

Archived