Red Sox win

lopernv

It doesn't look like the Yankees are coming back. They don't have that type team. The Yankees of the late 90's would still have a shot at winning this game (of course they wouldn't be in this game because they could finish off teams).

What they Yankees need is George to backoff and let the baseball people like Gene Micheal fix this team and build it back to be a post season team. They need the Paul O'Neil, Tino Martinez, and Scott Brosius type players. Those teams could bunt hit and run, play small ball. And they could pitch. Those were Joe Torre's type team, give Torre his team and they can win.

Unfortunatly that won't happen, George will sign some more big FA sluggers and make the problem worse. It look's to be the 1980's again and the only way the Yanks to get back on top is for George to be kicked out of baseball again. That's what started the late 90's championships.

I remember a commercial that aired in 99 after the 125 win season of 98. It said, "When someone ask you were their stars (of the 98 Yankees), give them 25 names, or just say they were Yankees." That's the type team the Yankees need, a balanced team that can pitch and play small ball.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't agree with you more, jkr.

Unfortunately for the Yankees -- the impact this series will have on the Yankees off-season will be HUGE. This teams looks like it'll have a lot of new faces next year.

I read an article that said Torre did this to himself in the regular season by relying on Rivera and Gordon too much and not giving others enough chances to prove themselves. I fould that interesting.

9 more outs!

IUe6Hvh.png

WHY IS PEDRO WARMING UP?! He's on 2 days rest and we have other guys to go to!

Yeah, Pedro is warming... I hope he'll not screw this game... because he'll be a chapter more of that re-re-re-edited book of Dan Shaughnessy...

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Unfortunately for the Yankees -- the impact this series will have on the Yankees off-season will be HUGE. This teams looks like it'll have a lot of new faces next year.

Mmmhh... I think if the Yankees lose now, that could free the Red Sox... and the Yankees of all that stuff called "the curse".

And they start since now to call that a true rivalry if we are talking about titles won from the other rival.

Until now, the Yankees always won from Boston all the chances of a title (1949, 1978, 1999 and 2003)...

It should be the first time for Boston winning one from the Yanks.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Here comes Pedro. I wish Lowe was staying in, but aside from Lowe right now, I feel most comfortable with Pedro.

Interestingly, I also feel most comfortable with Pedro in. The Yankees have a tendency to own him.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

That has got to be the loudest "Whos your daddy" chant I have ever heard.

took me a mintue to figure out what they were chanting, haven't heard that one before

I think Pedro herad enough of it in game 2.

3 OUTS AWAY!

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived