Professional Hockey Teams by States & Provinces

Gary

When did Memphis move to Mississippi?

They Play in Southhaven Mississippi which is a city south of the border from Memphis, so technically they are a Mississippi team

sounds sort of like that Scottish soccer team whose stadium is in England...or these "New York" teams' stadium in New Jersey :D (sorry Jets and Giants fans, it was there. I had to take it)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Texas has more teams than Canada :therock:

Sad, ain't it?

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Funny that the East Coast Hockey League has over 1/3 of the teams on the Pacific Coast. :wacko:

Actually its not the East Coast Hockey League anymore. They changed their name to the ECHL. I know it's not much difference but it is different.

Should the new North American Hockey League be counted? It is senior hockey here in Quebec, and even though it isn't affiliated with any team, it is still pretty good hockey. There are many players from junior teams joining the league...

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

one more team in Michigan and they will equal the teams in Canada

Yeah but if you add the junior CHL, which is the league I think most Canadians would follow after the NHL, then thats another 49 dots across Canada.

56 CHL teams

49 in Canada

4 in Washington

2 in Michigan

1 each in Oregon, Pennsylvania and Maine

A few problems with the map:

Tampa Bay and Ft. Lauderdale (Florida Panthers) should have orange markers.

I'm fairly sure the marker in SW Florida should be green.

The Carolina Hurricanes' marker should be in Raleigh.

The marker next to Atlanta should be green, not gray.

Should the new North American Hockey League be counted? It is senior hockey here in Quebec, and even though it isn't affiliated with any team, it is still pretty good hockey. There are many players from junior teams joining the league...

it's actually considered a Jr League

I think you're confusing the American NAHL with the Canadian NAHL... the Canadian NAHL (all located in quebec) is not Junior.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I think you're confusing the American NAHL with the Canadian NAHL... the Canadian NAHL (all located in quebec) is not Junior.

Thank you for the correction CC

Exactly...

I heard that the American NAHL wanted the Canadian NAHL to change name... Has anyone heard of this or found something about this? I couldn't find anything...

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived