Putting a Name and Number on a Sox Jersey

shiznit1083

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am definitley warming up to the idea of Mientkiewicz.

Does anyone remeber Oil Can's number?

Also, how does Jeff Frye 3 sound?

It's ok. I'm used to being ignored. :cry:

"Warming up in the bullpen, #23, Oil Can Boyd."

What about with Luis Tiant? He wore #71 and #78.

I have a back blanked jersey and I'm going to put there #9. But maybe I must to put there another number because I like to buy that old jersey with an already #9:

TW9032-U.jpg

(Too expensive: $250, but some luxury I may give myself in my lifetime...) ;)

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

What about with Luis Tiant? He wore #71 and #78.

I have a back blanked jersey and I'm going to put there #9. But maybe I must to put there another number because I like to buy that old jersey with an already #9:

TW9032-U.jpg

(Too expensive: $250, but some luxury I may give myself in my lifetime...) ;)

Hey, Swiss:

El Tiante was #23. He wore it from 1971-78, so that might be where you're getting confused on that chart I linked to.

Uni number on the left, player name in the middle, years worn on the right. Easy! ^_^

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

6 is taken by Johnny Pesky, who is basically a part time assistant bench coach. ( I know that explanation made no sense, but fellow Sox fans will get it.) Actually, that is a great suggestion for what number to use.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Well, guys, I don't know why, but I always thought it would be fun to have some random obscure Sox player's number and name on the back of my road replica.  I know where I'm getting the lettering done, but I wanted a good name.  Here's what I'm considering so far:

Butch Huskey - 44

Scott Cooper - 34 (although Ortiz will now be forever synonomous with that number)

Benny Agbayani - 53

You guys have any ideas

Butch Husky???

Benny Agbayni???

Sure your not getting a Mets jersey?

:D:D

Head over to the Sons of Sam Horn message board. Just by looking at the usernames, you can find about 3 gazillion obscure Sox players. I happen to be Arquimdez Pozo, but I have no idea what number he was - just that the announcer used to call him "Kimmy"

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

Hey, Swiss:

El Tiante was #23. He wore it from 1971-78, so that might be where you're getting confused on that chart I linked to.

Uni number on the left, player name in the middle, years worn on the right. Easy! ^_^

Yeaaaah, I was confused... because I typed Ctrl+F and "Tiant"... and only saw 71-78 but didn't watch a bit above... there where "Number 23" is shown.

Well, #23 is a nice number... maybe I'll buy 23 for my blank-backed Red Sox jersey.

pennants.png

To anyone outside of Boston this name might be obscure but in Boston he's practically a god...or at least to my father-in-law he is...#25 Tony Canigliaro.

Tony Conigliario? But I know who he was! A fine hitter with bad luck: a ball hits an eye and he lost some confidence and visibility.

Never was the same guy after that.

People used to call him "Tony C". He was (bah, still is) beloved by the Red Sox Nation.

pennants.png

That guy is extremely popular in all parts of RSN. My dad still cringes and ducks when he sees the clip of Tony C getting hit.

Actually I just thought of a few other guys for this thread, like Hawk Harrelson, Bill C, and someone may have already said it, Frank Malzone and Dick "the monster" Radatz.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

To anyone outside of Boston this name might be obscure but in Boston he's practically a god...or at least to my father-in-law he is...#25 Tony Canigliaro.

A damn fine suggestion, that is.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived