Putting a Name and Number on a Sox Jersey

shiznit1083

Well, guys, I don't know why, but I always thought it would be fun to have some random obscure Sox player's number and name on the back of my road replica. I know where I'm getting the lettering done, but I wanted a good name. Here's what I'm considering so far:

Butch Huskey - 44

Scott Cooper - 34 (although Ortiz will now be forever synonomous with that number)

Benny Agbayani - 53

You guys have any ideas

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would go with Huskey just as I always sorta thought he was underrated in his time.I dont think Cooper would be a bad choice at all as he was the Sox only All-Star in the lean years in 1993-94.But I dont really know if he would quite be obscure enough since he was a 2 time All-Star and at least us baseball nuts would know who it was,and the #34 being for Ortiz makes sense too.Maybe a #31 ROBERTS?Mike Greenwell maybe??

98Falcons.png

Mantkewickizxyxxsx

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I thought Agbayani wore #50. He was from Hawaii, and his nickname was "Hawaii 5-0".

I have an authentic Shea Hillenbrand #29. Now that number is worn by Foulke.

As far as obscure or former players, I can't remember all the numbers, but here's a list.

Dave Hollins #10?

Dante Bichette

Lou Merloni

Midre Cummings #29

Tim Naehring #11 (nice touch, classy player)

Mike Greenwell #39

Brian Daubach #23

Bob Zupcic

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Tim Naehring #11 (nice touch, classy player)

One of my favorite players growing up.

Bichette was 19

Merloni was 50 in 98 then switched to 26

Hollins was 27

Zupcic was 16 in 91 then switched to 28

Dude.. actually.. that would be a GREAT idea!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

haha...I should put buckner on my Sox jersey...I KNOW I could get away with it anywhere but boston. Its up in the air there I'd imagine...

And then on my cards one, Ray King, Joe Magrane, or Bob Uecker!

Please don't get Buckner. If you really want a #6 jersey, go with Johnny Pesky.

If you're still stuck, use this link for a resource.

http://webpages.charter.net/joekuras/soxunis.htm

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Go with Mientkewicz. (I didn't look the name up, so I'm not sure if it's spelled right, but I think it's close.) Just so the people making it will freak out at how freakin' long the name is.

EDIT: Upon further review, the decision on the field has been overturned. The name is "Mientkiewicz."

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I am definitley warming up to the idea of Mientkiewicz.

Does anyone remeber Oil Can's number?

Also, how does Jeff Frye 3 sound?

Sounds like an Achilles snapping.

Mientkiewicz would be a cool jersey to get. I'm sure you could get one at the Sox shop, but it will probably be around $200. My Hillenbrand was $200.

I think long last names on jerseys look really cool. Especially if they're arched. I remember UMass-Lowell Hockey had a couple players with long last names...Cappaletti, Concannon, Basaraba.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Well, I already have a blank road. Authentic lettering dot com does a solid job, so I'm going to get it done there.

Yeah, the whole out-of-date, injury thing I have going is scaring me from going with a current guy. If that wasn't the case, I would have gone for a Billy Mueller 11 jersey.

I agree that if you are not gonna get a star, go with someone from the championship team

Doug M. (made the final out)

Bellhorn

Dave Roberts

Pokey

Cabrera

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I can't come up with great evidence, but my research thusfar leads me to believe Boyd wore 26.

Boggsie was 26. The Oil Can was 23.

I thought that's why I posted the link about seven posts back...I can't believe everyone's missed it! :D

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived