BCS Bowl Projections

JamesCraven

A little scenario I was thinking last week. IF (big if there) Oklahoma, Utah, and Auburn were to fall, could we see an all Pac-10 national championship in the Orange Bowl? California vs. USC (or what Bears fans call the University of Spoiled Children)

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oops typo I actually meant 41-38 my bad

No problem, just busting your chops. I'm hoping it doesn't come down to three undefeateds... it would be nice to end the season with two undefeateds to fight it out for the national title.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

A little scenario I was thinking last week. IF (big if there) Oklahoma, Utah, and Auburn were to fall, could we see an all Pac-10 national championship in the Orange Bowl? California vs. USC (or what Bears fans call the University of Spoiled Children)

I think if Auburn and Oklahoma fall, it will be Cal vs. USC. Utah (who I cannot believe you put up there while omitting Wisconsin) would not even have to lose. Nor would Wisconsin.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

There could be more than three undefeateds. I think 'Sconsin's D is too tough to let their offense lose, much like OSU in 2002. Plus, the Badger offense is better than the Buckeyes was. That can be a dangerous combination. I think OU, USC, Utah and Wisconsin all go undefeated, along with Auburn if they win this week. That's right, 5 teams without a loss.

Sugar-OU vs. WV

Fiesta-Utah vs. Miami (If they win out, they're ACC Champs)

Rose-Wisconsin vs. Cal

Orange-USC vs. Auburn

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

actually it comes down to the Virginia's, both Virginia and Virginia Tech have 1 loss, Miami(which has 2) would be left out

Miami still plays them both. If they win both games, they win the conference. (Assuming they beat Wake too)

I just think that Wisconsin's D is too suffocating, as long as they are all healthy. If they lose, it will be in Iowa City.

actually it comes down to the Virginia's, both Virginia and Virginia Tech have 1 loss, Miami(which has 2) would be left out

Miami still plays them both. If they win both games, they win the conference. (Assuming they beat Wake too)

I just think that Wisconsin's D is too suffocating, as long as they are all healthy. If they lose, it will be in Iowa City.

Wisconsin may have a great D, but I don't see them winning against 2 strong underrated teams like the Hawkeyes, and the Spartans. Miami will lose both games, they have showed their flaws coming into the ACC, and I expect them to lose one of the two games, winning against the Hokies and losing to the Cavaliers. Therefore, Virginia wins the ACC.

Orange Bowl - Southern California (Pac-10) v. Oklahoma (Big XII)

Rose Bowl - Wisconsin (Big 10) v. California (at-large)

Sugar Bowl - Auburn (SEC) v. Virginia (ACC)

Fiesta Bowl - West Virginia (Big East) v. Texas (at-large)

Incidentally, I'm projecting Utah to drop to 13th in the BCS by the end of the season, due to every BCS coach in the coaches' poll dropping them from the top 25.

LvZYtbZ.png

Wisconsin may have a great D, but I don't see them winning against 2 strong underrated teams like the Hawkeyes, and the Spartans. Miami will lose both games, they have showed their flaws coming into the ACC, and I expect them to lose one of the two games, winning against the Hokies and losing to the Cavaliers. Therefore, Virginia wins the ACC.

Fair enough. I can see that too...but I'm sticking to my guns.

Incidentally, I'm projecting Utah to drop to 13th in the BCS by the end of the season, due to every BCS coach in the coaches' poll dropping them from the top 25.

If that were to happen, I'd expect a collusion lawsuit. The BCS in litigation, now THAT would be interesting (well to lawyer types like myself anyway).

If that were to happen, I'd expect a collusion lawsuit. The BCS in litigation, now THAT would be interesting (well to lawyer types like myself anyway).

If it leads to the end of the BCS... I think it's interesting as well.

IUe6Hvh.png

And the start of an actual NCAA Division I-A Football Playoff System.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

My predictions:

Rose Bowl:

Auburn vs. Texas

Sugar Bowl:

Florida State vs. Georgia

Fiesta Bowl:

Oklahoma vs. Boston College

National Championship:

USC vs. Wisconsin

Rose Bowl: Must have at least a Pac or Big Ten school in the game, and plus would take 2 teams from both Big Ten and Pacific 10 before both of these teams

Auburn vs. Texas

Sugar Bowl:

Florida State-fourth in the ACC, cant happen vs. Georgia-lost-not going to happen

Fiesta Bowl:

Oklahoma vs. Boston College

National Championship:

USC vs. Wisconsin-Got butts handed to them by Michigan State, Michigan most likely Big Ten Champions

Updated picks are as follows:

Orange Bowl - Southern California (Pac-10) v. Oklahoma (Big XII)

Rose Bowl - Michigan (Big 10) v. California (at-large)

Sugar Bowl - Auburn (SEC) v. Miami (ACC)

Fiesta Bowl - Boston College (Big East) v. Texas (at-large)

Yes, I'm still projecting Utah to drop to 13th in the BCS by the end of the season, due to every BCS coach in the coaches' poll dropping them from the top 25. It's all about the money for the big conferences, just ask Coach Mangino.

LvZYtbZ.png

And now, the BCS Bowl Projections.
  • Rose presented by citi - Big 10 Champ or at-large vs. Pac 10 Champ or at-large
  • Nokia Sugar - SEC Champ or at-large vs. ACC-Big East or at-large
  • Tostitos Fiesta - Big XII Champ or at-large vs. ACC-Big East or at-large
  • Fed Ex Orange (BCS National Championship) - BCS #1 vs. BCS #2

Project away!

Rose presented by citi - Big 10 Champ or at-large vs. Pac 10 Champ or at-large

Michigan Wolverines vs California Golden Bears

Michigan wins the Grand Daddy of them all in Overtime 35-28

Nokia Sugar - SEC Champ or at-large vs. ACC-Big East or at-large

West Virginia vs Oklahoma Sooners

Oklahoma destroys West Virginia 56- 17

Tostitos Fiesta - Big XII Champ or at-large vs. ACC-Big East or at-large

Virginia Cavaliers vs Utah Utes

Utah wins in an upset 28-24

Fed Ex Orange (BCS National Championship) - BCS #1 vs. BCS #2

Auburn Tigers vs Southern California Trojans

USC defends their National Title successfully and becomes back to back National Champions with by a field goal

USC 41 Auburn 38

well here is my updated version:

Rose presented by citi - Big 10 Champ or at-large vs. Pac 10 Champ or at-large

Michigan Wolverines vs California Golden Bears

Michigan wins the Grand Daddy of them all in Overtime 35-28

still the same

Nokia Sugar - SEC Champ or at-large vs. ACC-Big East or at-large

Boston College Eagles vs Oklahoma Sooners

Oklahoma beats em by 2 touchdowns 35-21

Tostitos Fiesta - Big XII Champ or at-large vs. ACC-Big East or at-large

Miami Hurricanes vs Utah Utes

Utah wins in an upset 35-24

Fed Ex Orange (BCS National Championship) - BCS #1 vs. BCS #2

Auburn Tigers vs Southern California Trojans

USC defends their National Title successfully and becomes back to back National Champions with by a field goal

Auburn 48-USC 41

Still the same game but with Auburn beating USC instead

I will take my crow fried, please.

Archived