No "Urban" Myth at Florida

JamesCraven

According to Woody Paige on ESPN2's "Cold Pizza" this morning (11/17/04), University of Utah football coach Urban Meyer will be named the new head coach at the University of Florida soon. Details to follow.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Woody paige also a coke snorting junkie, Urban meyer can't leave UTah just like this after a great season, and then going to florida, and from hearing whats been going on Urban meyer won't be leaving. I hardly doubt this is true....

Although if you said well Norm Chow was hired as the New head coach at hawaii and june jones was moved to OC then id be the happiest MF in the world!

spacer.png

Why would Meyer do something like this while his team is still in the hunt for a BCS bowl?

Because Florida has to make a move now in order to avoid falling any further behind in the in-state recruiting wars. Hence, they likely made Meyer an offer he simply couldn't refuse.

I guess it won't matter in Utah anyway. ESPN keeps promoting that BCS bowl as the bowl no one cares about. I'm thinking it's the Gator Bowl, Utah vs. Big East winner (most likely Boston College). So maybe Meyer can just stay at the Gator Bowl after the game, while his team goes home.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

And Urban's comment was "That's absurd!" Here's a question for ya..........why would Urban Meyer settle for Florida when he wants Notre Dame, Ohio State, or Michigan?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Why would Meyer do something like this while his team is still in the hunt for a BCS bowl?

Because Florida has to make a move now in order to avoid falling any further behind in the in-state recruiting wars. Hence, they likely made Meyer an offer he simply couldn't refuse.

I understand Florida's need to do this, I'm just saying it seems kinda Dennis Franchione of Meyer to take the job with his team in the hunt.

I understand Florida's need to do this, I'm just saying it seems kinda Dennis Franchione of Meyer to take the job with his team in the hunt.

Or Mike Price. I was pissed that he coached our team in the Rose Bowl after announcing he was leaving to go to Alabama. I love the man but if you're gonna go, go, otherwise shut up about it until the season is over.

*sigh* One more quality football coach Mizzou won't be hiring.

Pinkel has to go!!!!!!!!

But he's great theater! It'd be great to see him back again, just to see how many games he'll blow next year. Go 'Hawks!

Re: Florida, I liked the idea of the Gators going after Mike Leach of Texas Tech. Can you imagine the scores that his teams in Gainesville would put up w/the talent that comes from the state of Florida, plus having a defense that doesn't suck? Spurrier's games against teams like East Carolina and Vandy would be commonplace against nearly everyone.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Or Mike Price. I was pissed that he coached our team in the Rose Bowl after announcing he was leaving to go to Alabama. I love the man but if you're gonna go, go, otherwise shut up about it until the season is over.

Ahh, that was the one I meant. I knew it had something to do with Alabama and hanging your team out to dry...

And Urban's comment was "That's absurd!"  Here's a question for ya..........why would Urban Meyer settle for Florida when he wants Notre Dame, Ohio State, or Michigan?

I really can't see any of those schools firing their coaches any time soon. Even though Ohio State sucked this year, I still think Tressel has some job security. Michigan will probably be in a BCS bowl, so their coach won't be going anywhere soon, and I don't believe Notre Dame has ever fired a coach before his contract is up, and Willingham's still got some years left.

It's a shame for Alabama that Mike Prices conduct got him fired before he ever coached a game or anything because he really turned around UTEP, I think he would've done a great job at 'Bama.

IUe6Hvh.png

And Urban's comment was "That's absurd!" Here's a question for ya..........why would Urban Meyer settle for Florida when he wants Notre Dame, Ohio State, or Michigan?

I really can't see any of those schools firing their coaches any time soon. Even though Ohio State sucked this year, I still think Tressel has some job security. Michigan will probably be in a BCS bowl, so their coach won't be going anywhere soon, and I don't believe Notre Dame has ever fired a coach before his contract is up, and Willingham's still got some years left.

It's a shame for Alabama that Mike Prices conduct got him fired before he ever coached a game or anything because he really turned around UTEP, I think he would've done a great job at 'Bama.

Well it's not like Urban is itching to get out of Salt Lake City anyway.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

• 3 weeks later...

Archived