"Throwback" Vikings helmets

RickV

This guy says it was only used in the preseason, it could be possible but it's Ebay so probably not.  :P

Okay, that is not true, just so you know.

I've done thousands of hours of research on the history of NFL Helmets.

The Minnesota Vikings were and NFL Expansion Team in 1961.

This guy claims this was worn in the Pre-Season of 1960, a year before the team came to exist.

The Vikings only helmet ever is the current one they use, the only changes over the years have been on the facemask, the size of the logo decal, and of course their recent change to a metallic shade of purple.

Just to add my 2¢, I have lived in Minneapolis for over 30 years and have attended quite a few sports memoribilia shows in the area and have not ONCE ever seen or even heard a reference to a white helmet with purple horns.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

This guy says it was only used in the preseason, it could be possible but it's Ebay so probably not.  :P

Okay, that is not true, just so you know.

I've done thousands of hours of research on the history of NFL Helmets.

The Minnesota Vikings were and NFL Expansion Team in 1961.

This guy claims this was worn in the Pre-Season of 1960, a year before the team came to exist.

The Vikings only helmet ever is the current one they use, the only changes over the years have been on the facemask, the size of the logo decal, and of course their recent change to a metallic shade of purple.

i agree with that. I am quite sure that is the history of the helmet. The facemasks going from grey, to white, to purple.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I think I have seen that somewhere. I think I read that it was never used anywhere, but was considered before they settled on purple. I think the horn was placed more like the actual version, though.

I agree with the above comment of: :puke:

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1. The guy uses Mike Stanhope's helmet site, which doesn't show said helmet.

2. I've seen helmets like this used by Lawrence University in Appleton (also the Vikings) in the 1970s, but those were in blue and white with no gold.

3. It's a modern helmet, not a game-used one; note the triangle-R Riddell logo at the back.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Archived