Nationals Uniforms to be Unveiled

CC97

Those Nats unies look much better being worn than they do as a mere drawing. Very Nice.

I agree. These look much better on the players. And those numbers and names look huge, but nice. The only think I hate about them is that they're modeled bya former Twin I'd still like to see on the roster.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, I knew the pretzel wouldn't look good with the uniforms but wow, it just doesn't fit at all to me.  Looks worse than I thought it would.

Easily solved when the new owner changes the name to "Senators" B)

Why does everyone think the new owners would change the name? They work hard establishing the Nationals and then switch to Senators?

At least it's not the Grays. Who gets excited about gray?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I was excited when I heard they might be called the Grays. That might be becasue I am from Homestead though. It would have been nice for this part of Pittsburgh to be remembered for something positive. Not the poverty of after the mills closed or the new yuppie waterfront section which has sprung up over the past 5 or 6 years.

Back on topic... I think the Nationals look good. But I would have liked to have seen the red cap used all the time though. Too many teams have navy caps!

That's the other thing: the Homestead Grays were from Pittsburgh.

But they played 'home' games in the Washington area too I think.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is Homestead in Washington?

I think the Homestead in question is in the Pittsburgh area, very close to the city (and Kennywood Park I believe.)

During my time in college I was able to witness the change in the area. It seems nicer and cleaner now, but is overrun with Lowes, DSW, and any other huge chain store that really gives no identity to an area.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the Homestead in question is in the Pittsburgh area, very close to the city (and Kennywood Park I believe.)

During my time in college I was able to witness the change in the area. It seems nicer and cleaner now, but is overrun with Lowes, DSW, and any other huge chain store that really gives no identity to an area.

Do I know what a rhetorical question is?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Do I know what a rhetorical question is?

They weren't going to name them the Washington Homestead Grays, so what's your point?

Hey, I'm watching the spring training game of Nats and Mets. It's live on mlb.com and it's free. I'm watching it on my cpu at work. Nice to have my own office. :D

The Nats' uniforms are okay. Nationals on the chest are a bit too big. The N and the big ass S at the end almost halfway in the armpits of a player (unless they're on steriods). It ought to be a bit smaller. Get rid of the gold trimming and replace with the blue they have. The W on the hat have to go. Doesn't appeal to me at all. I like the interlocking DC better. Make the fonts look better combined. With the flimsy W, the fonts on the shirts just doesn't match.

Hey, I'm watching the spring training game of Nats and Mets. It's live on mlb.com and it's free. I'm watching it on my cpu at work. Nice to have my own office.  :D

Ditto - watching the same broadcast on my PC. Whatever your criticisms of the Nats' unis may be, they look a whole lot better than the abominations the Mets have on this afternoon.

tzch6.jpg

Just thought y'all would want to know - I just was watching ESPNEWS and the anchor (Michael Kim, I think) did actually mention that the Nationals look kinda like the Angels, especially when Jose Guillen hit his HR...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

The announcers after the game talked about how much they liked the Nationals' uniforms...for whatever that's worth...

A guy on ESPN just mentioned how much the unis reminded him of the Angels...

(whoops. Same designer!)

EDIT: gbasalmon just beat me to it!

My point is that Grays is an inherently lousy name and it's not quite as tied to Washington as some think

Then just say that.

:rolleyes:

They look much, much better in action. The numbers are bright and easier to read than expected and the names on the back are bigger than usual but not distractingly huge or anything, like the old Reds. I am even learning to like the W, especially the batting helmets.

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived