Nationals Uniforms to be Unveiled

CC97

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's pretty redundant to have the "Nationals" patch on the home shirt and the "DC" patch on the road shirt (actually, DC on both wouldn't be too bad.)

Hopefully somebody wises up and switches this before they wear them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread, but I don't like how the Nats put the old W on the caps and the W has nothing at all in common with the wordmark on the logo/jerseys.

It's been mentioned, the consensus seems to be that the old W would be cool with an older script, but it was stupid to throw it in and disrupt the rest of the theme. DC looks a lot better, and I'm sure they'll change it soon enough. Maybe if we petition...they'll be happy to listen to anyone who takes an interest in their stupid team

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I can confirm that the number font is a modified old Cowboys font with exaggerated serifs on the 2s, 3s, 5s, 6s & 9s. The 1s have a flat top serif, similar to the Cubs or a USC football jersey. The numbers also have gold beveling to create a 3D effect.

I can confirm that the number font is a modified old Cowboys font with exaggerated serifs on the 2s, 3s, 5s, 6s & 9s. The 1s have a flat top serif, similar to the Cubs or a USC football jersey. The numbers also have gold beveling to create a 3D effect.

Now it's confirmed...the hat doesn't match the wordmark which doesn't match the number style.

Each element on it's own is good...together they're a stylistic jumble.

I can confirm that the number font is a modified old Cowboys font with exaggerated serifs on the 2s, 3s, 5s, 6s & 9s.  The 1s have a flat top serif, similar to the Cubs or a USC football jersey.  The numbers also have gold beveling to create a 3D effect.

Now it's confirmed...the hat doesn't match the wordmark which doesn't match the number style.

Each element on it's own is good...together they're a stylistic jumble.

Welcome to our Nation's Capital! :P

The interlocking NY in the Yankees cap is different from the interlocking NY on the home jersey:

nyy_logo_secondary.gif

ph_history_legacy_uniform.jpg

Neither match the block 'NEW YORK" on the road uniform, which doesn't match the script "Yankees" on the warmup jackets.

Are they a stylistic jumble, too, or are they an untouchable "classic"? ^_^

The interlocking NY in the Yankees cap is different from the interlocking NY on the home jersey, which doesn't match the block 'NEW YORK" on the road uniform, which doesn't match the script "Yankees" on the warmup jackets. are they a stylistic jumble, too, or are they an untouchable "classic"?

^_^

I think that's being discussed in the "Inaccuracies that Drive You Nuts" thread further down the page.

I'm talking about stylistic incongruity, also.

The NY (either one, pick 'em) doesn't match the block font, which doesn't match the script font.

Also, the pinstripes without sleeve-ending stripes doesn't match the plain road uniforms with sleeve stripes.

In comparison, the Nationals' uniform holds together better. They at least use the same font on both home and road uniforms. None of it matches with the Yankees.

You want a real hodge-podge? Utah Jazz. The jersey text is nowhere else, the numbers don't match the letters, which don't match the scripts on the courts, which don't match the actual logo, which itself is just a recolored version of an old one.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Fellows, can we please get back to the topic. I'll call in Linda Crap...er, Cropp to close this sucker down if this gets fugly!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

The interlocking NY in the Yankees cap is different from the interlocking NY on the home jersey:

nyy_logo_secondary.gif

ph_history_legacy_uniform.jpg

Neither match the block 'NEW YORK" on the road uniform, which doesn't match the script "Yankees" on the warmup jackets.

Are they a stylistic jumble, too, or are they an untouchable "classic"? ^_^

They're a bone ugly, steaming pile of...

Can you imagine how much better baseball's sartorial history would have been if the Yankee$ had been perennial losers in those things? We could have been rid of them by 1945 or so! :D

I'm gathering that I'm not the only one here who has seen this, but someone tell me why the Nationals are going with a "Established 1905" theme???

Seems to me that they're combining histories with the Twins, and kicking in the teeth of Expos Nation.

Particularly considering the Senators were an original AL team and were established in 1901. I'm wondering if they mean "2005" (although that would be a hell of a mistake to get past everybody).

Archived