Nationals Uniforms to be Unveiled

CC97

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive never been a fan of putting the number on the front, unless it was an alternate jersey that had only the logo on it, to balance it out. with this wordmark it does make the front too busy. I think the numbers look pretty cool though.

The number on the front does not work with this design, that road pic looks way too busy with the number on the front.

Otherwise I think it was a pretty solid design.

Agreed. The numbers on the front look ginormous. With a little bit of tweaking these would be just about perfect.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Wow...they look worse on the jerseys than they do on paper. I didn't think it was possible to find something more f****d up than drop-shadow, but they did. Just awful...but, at least a) they're not on pinstriped vests, and B) probably won't be around long.

BTW...doesn't anybody at MLB know that everyone in Washington

HATES

the Dallas Cowboys, and all they stand for?!?!?!?!?

you know you cna try to come up with something new and still have it look hideous (gold/red/blue/gold) or whatever and thats what happened here

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

Ive never been a fan of putting the number on the front, unless it was an alternate jersey that had only the logo on it, to balance it out. with this wordmark it does make the front too busy. I think the numbers look pretty cool though.

Meh, it works with Dodger scripts.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 4 weeks later...
I've been putting off doing this for a couple of weeks, but here are the Nationals' uniforms - home and road - in solid colors and textile colors - in all their glory:

Home Uniforms - Solid Colors:

WashingtonNationals_Home_SO.jpg

Road Uniforms - Solid Colors:

WashingtonNationals_Road_SO.jpg

Home Uniforms - Textile Colors:

WashingtonNationals_Home_TX.jpg

Road Uniforms - Textile Colors:

WashingtonNationals_Road_TX.jpg

As far as the color scheme for the MLB Batter logo - my only guess is that they wanted some sort of reference for the Gold on the caps.  Since there isn't any other than the batter logo.

3_640.jpg

Here's the back of the Nationals' cap, and indeed the batter logo has a blue/gold background.

Yes, I suppose it is to differentiate a Nationals cap from a Cardinals or Phillies hat, at least from behind.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

How about if we went 15 & 15 teams, brought the Nationals to Honolulu, and give the teams their 3 off days following the game at ALOHA STADIUM. Withresidents in the milions, Honolulu would have no problem filling the Stadium, although it would be a logistical nightmare. Fun thought though.

capt.dcev10402021947.nationals_uniforms_dcev104.jpg

The numbers on the back look ginormous as well.

They could have gone with a smaller name on the back of the uniform. These are bordering on (old) Reds & Tigers and (current) "Blue" Jays territory in terms of size of the name on the back.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

That size and style of number is better suited for a football uni.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived