Jd's 2003 stanley cup finals trivia

NoHoJoe

The Mighty Ducks (the obvious connection, owned by the Disney Corp)

Wayne Gretzky once called the New Jersey Devils a "mickey mouse organization".

The other two escape me.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

The Mighty Ducks are owned by Disney

Wayne Gretzky once alledthe Devils a "Mickey Mouse" Orginazation

ESPN/ABC are owned by Disney

Walt Disney is secretly frozen WITHIN the stanley cup itself

And i think alot of people are watching this Stanley Cup. Alot more than last year's.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

And i think alot of people are watching this Stanley Cup. Alot more than last year's.

From what I've heard this final has been one of the lowest viewed in a few years, both north and south of the 49th parrallel

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

From what I've heard this final has been one of the lowest viewed in a few years, both north and south of the 49th parrallel

This year has been horrible for SCF ratings. The following is from an article from somewhere or another on the fact...

ESPN's ratings for the first two games of the Stanley Cup finals fell 57 percent from last year, the lowest cable viewership for the National Hockey League's championship round in four years.

The games between the Anaheim Mighty Ducks and New Jersey Devils, both 3-0 victories for New Jersey, were watched in an average of 1.23 percent of the 87 million U.S. homes with cable television, according to Nielsen Media Research Inc.

That's about 1.07 million viewers, less than the average for Arena Football League games on NBC this season. The first two games of last year's Stanley Cup finals between the Carolina Hurricanes and Detroit Red Wings attracted a 2.8 rating on ESPN.

Game 1 of this year's finals drew 1.4 percent of viewers Tuesday, while Game 2 was watched by 1.1 percent Thursday. The average for the first two games is the lowest since ESPN and ABC, both owned by Walt Disney Co., began their five-year, $600 million broadcasting contract with the NHL during the 1999-2000 season.

This was from before Game Three. Notes on that game...

- A rerun of "Martha, Inc" (the made-for-TV movie about Martha Stewart) got double the rating of the SCF Game (3.8 to 1.9).

- At no point in the night was ABC in the top two of the four major networks.

- The game was th least-watched show of the night, ranking it behind Fox's "Cops" and "America's Most Wanted" as well as behind CBS's "The Price Is Right Million Dollar Spectacular" and some reruns.

Here are the answers.....

1. The Mighty Ducks, which was released by Disney as a flim- circa 1990?- starred Emilio Estavez.

2. THe Mighty Ducks of Anaheim are owned by Disney.

3. The New Jersey Devils were originally the Kansas City Scouts. Walt Disney was born in Kansas City in 1901.

4. Wayne Gretzky's quote about the New Jersey Devils as a "Mickey Mouse" organization.

5. ESPN/ABC are both owned by Disney.

and lastly, the one factor I stumped everybody on....

6. The New Jersey Devils games are broadcast on NewsTalk Radio 77WABC, which is owned by Disney.

If the Ducks win the cup, will..

1. The Cup be renamed the Disney Cup?

2. Will Andre Cold Duck be poured into the chalase basin of the cup?

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

The reaon the Meadowlands have a tought time selling out is because they have ticket prices that are astronomical for the playoffs, when their fanbase is a blue-collar working man fanbase. I didn't even watch last years cup because the wings were in it, they are the most unintersting team in the NHL. And honestly, i know the Devils ain't exactly exciting to the rest of the country either, but i think the problems with the NHL starts with Bettman. He was brought in to market the NHL and bring it into the future, yet all he has done is become another John Zeigler Jr., running the league into the ground and unable to do anything about it.

The NHL won't be around in 10 years.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

king, you think those prices are bad, you should see what the flyers charge for their playoff tickets. had the flyers made it to the finals, me and my dad's tickets, (we have season tickets) which are 3 rows from the top of the building in the corner, would have been $100 each ticket. so new jersey's prices are bad, but not as bad as philly. you would think that philly's tickets wouldn't be as high, seeing as they are owned by comcast and comcast-spectacor.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

This is my first post here, so I'll try not to step on many people's toes (yet) :)

This is one of the most exciting finals (well, at least the last few games) in a while. And while it is the Ducks, a team that I seriously like to see flounder, I am rooting for them. Giguere's play has reminded me a lot of what Hrudey did back in 93, and Thomas continues to amaze me.

And I agree about Bettman running the league into the ground. He's not in it for the sport, he's in it for his fat paycheck. He's done squat to save teams from moving, and I hope that after this CBA gets fixed, he will be gone (unlikely, but a nice thought).

Archived