First one of the New Year

iDonovan

Well I am off to the races this year with ten logos to have done PDQ. This is one I am doing for a hockey tournament. I could not find a good reference picture so i had my girlfriend's son put his hockey equipment on and pose....I am still working on the face sheild....but what do you all think? :D

I kind of notice it started to look like Bell Canada logo <_<

ChallengeCUP2.jpg

This is a girls and boys tourney...I like that someone notices I tried to keep it plan.

Plus the Medal they give out have that gold swirl star puck thing on it...so I tried to tie it into the logo...thats where the Bell Canada look came from.

This is a girls and boys tourney...I like that someone notices I tried to keep it plan.

Plus the Medal they give out have that gold swirl star puck thing on it...so I tried to tie it into the logo...thats where the Bell Canada look came from.

Then definitely leave the puck in the logo...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Personally it looks a bit strnge to me without legs but other than these look good so far.

Yeah, the no legs looks a little odd to me too.. i think maybe because the yellow swoop around give the impression that the whole design continues below the wordmark, but the human doesn't. With as much visual interest as you have in the top of that, I think you could do away with the bottom left swoosh, and it would still look balanced.

Nice work.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Maybe that's the challenge...none of the players have any legs!

The lack of a lower torso does not bother me, I like both of them, each have their own merits. #1 works because that star/swoop is only on the player's jersey, and it would be busy in #2 if the logo was in there twice. With #2, the star leads you back to the year 2005, it feels very cicular that way.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The lack of a lower torso does not bother me, I like both of them, each have their own merits. #1 works because that star/swoop is only on the player's jersey, and it would be busy in #2 if the logo was in there twice. With #2, the star leads you back to the year 2005, it feels very cicular that way.

Im was looking at it again, and as the player you have is a goaltender it probably looks better without the legs. But someway of softening the 'margin' between the player and the words would help I think. Maybe taking away the yellow border on the letters???

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The lack of a lower torso does not bother me, I like both of them, each have their own merits. #1  works because that star/swoop is only on the player's jersey, and it would be busy in #2 if the logo was in there twice. With #2, the star leads you back to the year 2005, it feels very cicular that way.

Im was looking at it again, and as the player you have is a goaltender it probably looks better without the legs. But someway of softening the 'margin' between the player and the words would help I think. Maybe taking away the yellow border on the letters???

Hmm that's not a goalie stick.

This is a Kids' tourney as Donovan stated above--so all the kids will have their faces covered...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The lack of a lower torso does not bother me, I like both of them, each have their own merits. #1  works because that star/swoop is only on the player's jersey, and it would be busy in #2 if the logo was in there twice. With #2, the star leads you back to the year 2005, it feels very cicular that way.

all leagues below the pro level in the US and Canada (don't know about Europe, but I figure it'd be basically the same) require facemasks of some sort for all players. basically, to prevent facial injuries

edit: hey, i'm a time traveler :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

all leagues below the pro level in the US and Canada (don't know about Europe, but I figure it'd be basically the same) require facemasks of some sort for all players. basically, to prevent facial injuries

edit: hey, i'm a time traveler :D

Yeah me too--- :D

still--just in case anybody's ignoring either of us! :D

I will disregard the fact that I hate Bell with a passion and that your logo breathes Bell inside out... <_<

I would make the gloves a little smaller and the fingers closer.

Also not sure why, butthe arms seem to be bent behind the neck in a strange ways.

Otherwise, your illustration skills are absolutely wicked!!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Also not sure why, but the arms seem to be bent behind the neck in a strange ways.

Yeah, I see that, too. It looks like he/she is stretching. Must be the shadowing and whatnot....but it still looks fantastic. Personally, the one on the left looks better to me.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived