New Auburn Uni's for Sugar Bowl?

benJAMMIN039

As I am watching the Sugar bowl, it looks like the numbers on Auburns uniform are now stitched on, rather than screen printed on as I've been acostumed to during the regular season. Does anyone know why they did this? Or if any other teams do this during Bowl season?

nygiantsSig.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

They're still screen printed. They are just a slightly more solid silk screen that doesn't seep thru the jersey material. They've used that material all season.

That said, most every team is supplied with a new set of jerseys for bowl season by their supplier because the NCAA allows players to keep their bowl jerseys as part of their institutional gift package. That's why you see teams that traditionally don't have names on jerseys have names and other "special jerseys" for bowls.

The way they do most "Screened" on-field jerseys now is with CAD-Cut numbers and letters,which are die-cut and pre-aligned so that they are applied to the jersey as one whole piece and instead of making and cleaning screens for that many numbers and screens for each player name.You actually are able to "cut" the numbers per jersey needed and each name is cut (reversed image) and then applied to the name plates.It comes out really heavyweight and thick and much more durable than traditonal screen printing.I do this every year when I make my basketball team's unis,but I havent yet done it to make a football jersey yet as I really prefer tackle twill.

98Falcons.png

one note about Auburns unis, I love 'em I just wish they had a white

stripe in between the blue and orange stripes on the pants as they

do on the helmet striping. Minor, but I think it would look that much better.

sidenote: does anyone else miss the old VT jersey with the different color numbers

from body to sleeves. That was a unique aspect and should not have been messed with.

The NCAA doesn't allow jerseys to be kept. It's an "extra benefit." Alot of schools keep each players jerseys and give them a package of them when they graduate.

Another typical NCAA rule. They're more worried about creating these BS rules and making some of their big names ineligible. Try worrying about deciding who the real National Champion is first. Someone tell me exactly where the harm is in letting a player keep their own jersey.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

The way they do most "Screened" on-field jerseys now is with CAD-Cut numbers and letters,which are die-cut and pre-aligned so that they are applied to the jersey as one whole piece and instead of making and cleaning screens for that many numbers and screens for each player name.You actually are able to "cut" the numbers per jersey needed and each name is cut (reversed image) and then applied to the name plates.It comes out really heavyweight and thick and much more durable than traditonal screen printing.I do this every year when I make my basketball team's unis,but I havent yet done it to make a football jersey yet as I really prefer tackle twill.
So do they sew on the numbers or are the numbers still pressed on there?

The players aren't allowed to keep their jerseys from the regular season?

Only if the coach or equipment manager decides to give it to them. This usually applies to seniors. For helmets, if the coach or equipment manager doesn't give them the helmets, he usually let the players buy the helmet.

We had to steal the jerseys.

Or for helmets when someone would quit, we'd steal that helmet. Turn it in at the end of the year as ours. The quitter had to pay for their "lost" helmet.

Wahahahaha.

Is this so do they sew on the numbers or are the numbers still pressed on there.

No...these numbers are still pressed on there.When I say "cut",I mean they are ran through a table-top machine that has an ultra sharp blade that cuts the numbers and letters out of the CAD-Cut plastisol material.Basically all plastisol is is a screen-printed,reversed image placed on a paper or wax backing and then heat-pressed onto the jerseys.It is still screen-printing,but it is done much in the same way that vinyl numbers or letters are applied at a standard sportings goods shop.

98Falcons.png

Is this so do they sew on the numbers or are the numbers still pressed on there.

No...these numbers are still pressed on there.When I say "cut",I mean they are ran through a table-top machine that has an ultra sharp blade that cuts the numbers and letters out of the CAD-Cut plastisol material.Basically all plastisol is is a screen-printed,reversed image placed on a paper or wax backing and then heat-pressed onto the jerseys.It is still screen-printing,but it is done much in the same way that vinyl numbers or letters are applied at a standard sportings goods shop.

Now I get what you mean. I still remember seeing old jerseys that were screen printed that had some of the material seep through the jersey and could be seen plainly with the jersey inside out. Now a days, I don't see that. So the garments have plastisol numbers and letters pressed on. While were on the topic of jerseys, I remember seeing at LSU, the numbers were stitched tackle twill, while the name plates had heat-pressed vinyl letters.

The NCAA doesn't allow jerseys to be kept. It's an "extra benefit." Alot of schools keep each players jerseys and give them a package of them when they graduate.

Another typical NCAA rule. They're more worried about creating these BS rules and making some of their big names ineligible. Try worrying about deciding who the real National Champion is first. Someone tell me exactly where the harm is in letting a player keep their own jersey.

Maybe b/c they'd end up getting sold or whatever? Ole Miss sells old jerseys for pretty cheap prices before the spring game. They've just taken the name plates off. Of course, you couldn't get an Eli Manning or Deuce McAllister, but they normally have tons of them for about $20 in all 3 colors.

Maybe b/c they'd end up getting sold or whatever? Ole Miss sells old jerseys for pretty cheap prices before the spring game. They've just taken the name plates off. Of course, you couldn't get an Eli Manning or Deuce McAllister, but they normally have tons of them for about $20 in all 3 colors.

one note about Auburns unis, I love 'em I just wish they had a white

stripe in between the blue and orange stripes on the pants as they

do on the helmet striping. Minor, but I think it would look that much better.

sidenote: does anyone else miss the old VT jersey with the different color numbers

from body to sleeves. That was a unique aspect and should not have been messed with.

i most definitely agree. im glad somebody sees the importance of the stripes matching. id also like to see the orange stripe on the sleeve thinned a little to match the helmet, because its proportionally wider.

the opposite color numbers were awesome, and the piping blows. the jerseys did not need changing.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Hmm...THAT'S how I see Ole Miss game worns wind-up on Ebay.Any chance of you going to the spring game this year??I'll gladly give send some cash your way if means I can snag a #21,18,31,33,34,or 80-something jersey!

98Falcons.png

Archived