Jerseys you miss the most

budbowl77

I'm an Islanders fan inside and out, but there is one team i miss having around as well as there jerseys, i'd have to say those 1990 Minnesota North Stars unis. boy were those great, what about you guys what teams uniforms past or present do you wish were still around?

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Well, if we are talking hockey, i miss the old los angeles kings uniforms. I loved the old purple and yellow crown unis.

The 'gretzky' kings uniforms were great as well.

I also wish the devils would go back to green.

I miss the navy Whaler jerseys, the navy Jets jerseys (I know, they're available as part of the CCM Vintage, but I have a feeling they're a darker blue than they used to be...can anyone confirm?), and those beautiful! powder blue Charger unies.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

i miss the original columbus crew jerseys w/the black and gold sleeves, i miss the two lost stripes on the packers' sleeves, the cubs' 'Cuba' road jersey, the Marlins' teal hats, the 'Wild Wing' jerseys except for the crappy font, us soccer's light blue alternates, the white NYR liberty jerseys, the bucks' green alternates, the patriots and cowboys' shoulder logo jerseys, the pre-2000 rhein fire jersey sets, milwaukee wave's blue and black from 5 or so years ago...and i'm done :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Michigan Panthers. USFL.

'Nuff Said.

Ohhhhhhhh yeah.  The 1984 set to be sure.  The helmets seemed to have a bit more gold than silver that year and they added burgundy facemasks.  The champagne colored pants were great too - they almost looked tan but they were very cool.  The NFL uniforms I missed the most are Bucco Bruce Tampa Bay sets -- with the orange pants, of course.

From the hockey front nobody who has read any of my prior posts on the issue will be surprised that my favorite demised uniforms both come from the same defunct franchise -- the original 1967 Oakland Seals uniforms and the 1976 Cleveland Barons uniforms.

Baseball - Definitely the Giants' mid-to-late 70's day-glo orange pullovers.  Certainly a look whose time came and went but I really liked 'em.

Hoops - The 1988 Charlotte Hornets, the ones with the original team logo (the art-deco hornet inside a capital "C")on the front of the waistband.  NCAA - the Jordan-era UNC uniforms - a timeless look, IMHO.

I've done this before, but let's relive the Panthers' colors for those who aren't familiar with them:

MICHIGAN PANTHERS ROYAL PLUM

MICHIGAN PANTHERS CHAMPAGNE SILVER

MICHIGAN PANTHERS COLUMBIA BLUE

They wore these colors for both the 1983 and 1984 seasons, with the only change being the addition of a Royal Plum facemask in '84.

Hoops - The 1988 Charlotte Hornets, the ones with the original team logo (the art-deco hornet inside a capital "C")on the front of the waistband. NCAA - the Jordan-era UNC uniforms - a timeless look, IMHO.

Does anyone have a pic?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I've done this before, but let's relive the Panthers' colors for those who aren't familiar with them:

MICHIGAN PANTHERS ROYAL PLUM

MICHIGAN PANTHERS CHAMPAGNE SILVER

MICHIGAN PANTHERS COLUMBIA BLUE

They wore these colors for both the 1983 and 1984 seasons, with the only change being the addition of a Royal Plum facemask in '84.

Seems to be the colors a certain CFA fantasy team is going with...Steamers...

Michigan Panthers. USFL.

'Nuff Said.

Aah, the USFL Panthers. Definitely one of my favorite helmet designs of all-time. Don't really care for their jerseys too much, though. Anywho, I was going to save this for later when it was completely finished, but this is what I've been doing for the past few weeks...

USFL Jerseys

The colors are somewhat off on some (Pantone, help!?), but once I find official color information I'm going back and changing the colors...

To STL Fanatic (template) and Roger Clemente (numbers)...I'm getting your names on this too, I've said something about it in an email, he just hasn't done it yet.

And back on topic, the jerseys I miss the most are:

-Rainbow Skyline Nuggets jerseys!!

-orange Bucs unis (I'd love a Steve Young orange Bucs replica!)

-light blue Oilers unis

-80's Patriots unis (not so much the unis..but the Pat logo)

-ANY Charlotte Hornets jersey! :(

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Hoops - The 1988 Charlotte Hornets, the ones with the original team logo (the art-deco hornet inside a capital "C")on the front of the waistband. NCAA - the Jordan-era UNC uniforms - a timeless look, IMHO.

Does anyone have a pic?

I used to have a Hornets t-shirt with this logo on it.  Someone from the Hornets' front office (back in the day) explained the logo-thing with me: Charlotte came up with the current "cartoon" logo early on, but Alexander Julian developed the "art-deco" logo when he designed the uniforms.  They decided to switch to the Julian design AFTER they unveiled the cartoon logo, but then decided to go back to the cartoon logo after determining that the Julian design didn't fit their proposed image.  They thought that the Julian logo looked too "collegiate".  So what they did, was use the cartoon logo in most of the merchandise, but used Julian's logo on the uniforms and warmups.  This guy also said at the time, was that "you'll eventually see the logo fade away".  Sure enough, the logo only lasted two or three seasons, until the cartoon Hornet replaced the Julian logo.

Julian's logo was in Teal, Purple and Black.  yhollander's correct - the full logo had a Black hornet incorporated into a Purple-outline "H", all inside a large Teal capital "C".  On the Hornets' warmups and waistbands however, it was just the "H" portion without the "C".

The powder blue Chargers uniforms were classic.  They'd do so well to bring 'em back permanently.

For an original contribution to this thread, I nominate the Philadelphia Sixers unis from Iverson's '96/'97 rookie season.  Anyone got a picture?  Those were dope.

The Nuggets rainbow jersey would be one I'd love to see back. I'd love the Nets to bring back something like there old ABA unis. (like they did when they went retro thios year) The NBA needs a couple of erm crazier jerseys I think.

I'd love to see the Pats back in red. (They always play in red when I play Madden Football!!)

And I have a sneaky desire for the Astros to go back to there orange and red stripey thing from the seventies. Just gotta love that look!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Mighty Ducks' Nike 3rds.  Hands down one of the best alternates ever.  Is it true that the team was going to go with them but changed their mind due to Nike being ousted for NHL licensing?  Reason I ask is because I saw many catalogs which had the Ducks jerseys with the alts as their primary home and road jerseys.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Julian's logo was in Teal, Purple and Black. yhollander's correct - the full logo had a Black hornet incorporated into a Purple-outline "H", all inside a large Teal capital "C". On the Hornets' warmups and waistbands however, it was just the "H" portion without the "C".

Yeah, that's right; it was superimposed over the "H," not inside the C.  The original logo had the "C" - and I also recall the teal being a lot darker - closer to green, really.  Thanks for sharpening my recollection.

And (dare I be so audacious to question your knowledge  :) ) are you 100% certain that the Panthers didn't tweak the champagne silver from 83 to 84?  It sure seemed to me that it had a bit more gold in it their second season.  It really seemed that way to me.  Then again, I was 16 at the time so my perception was likely off-kilter -- no offense to our younger comrades out there.  And for those of you old enough to remember Tudor Electric Football, I have several 1984 USFL teams that I hand-painted: Oklahoma, Michigan, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Philadelphia, New Jersey, San Antonio, Memphis, Oakland, Denver, Houston and Tampa Bay.

Jerseys I miss...

I miss the old Sharks uniforms.  Not to dis their current uniforms which are good, but I loved the first ones more. They may not have looked all that original with just the straight striping and all, but damn if they didn't look cool.  I like that lighter teal more than the deeper teal they have now.

I also miss the Leafs jerseys from the 80's with the thick sleeve strip.  Thank God for vintage jerseys.  I don't know why I like those ones so much.  I also miss the Leafs jerseys they had just before their current ones.  They were the same as the ones they have now, just with the fancy leaf on the shoulders instead of the vestigial silver TML logo.

I also miss the jerseys the Bruins had just before these ones.  They were great.

I also think that those gold Dallas Stars jerseys had potential.

I want the Blue Jays to get an actual bird logo and drop the use of red as a uniform color.  That T-bird is a disgrace.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I miss the Whalers Navy, Green and Silver unis.  They were great.  I also miss the Bruins unis previous to the current ones.  The new unis look like crap.  And last but not least the Pats red home unis.   :(

Mighty Ducks' Nike 3rds. Hands down one of the best alternates ever. Is it true that the team was going to go with them but changed their mind due to Nike being ousted for NHL licensing? Reason I ask is because I saw many catalogs which had the Ducks jerseys with the alts as their primary home and road jerseys.

Without a doubt they were some of the best alts ever. If I can save up enough money ($136 US) I will own a jade (I think that's the one they have in my size) STRIEBEL 22 Captains jersey. (It's no extra money for the "C", so why not?)

Archived