Chicago Cubs Redesign Concept

AAO

what is the navy blue spot on his face? I suppose a shadow of sorts, but just looks awkward to me. Otherwise this is incredible!!

Looks like the cub's shedding a giant tear.

VmWIn6B.png

I've been checking out this board for a long time now and normally don't like to comment on designs since I don't do it myself and do not want to sound insulting when I'm not posting my own concepts....

BUT these MLB redesigns are some of the best work I've seen on this board. I can see how a lot of people do not like certain aspects as far as traditions go, but as updates to current logos (and assuming all MLB teams used logos by you, forget any kind of history) these are remarkable and this Cubs design is just amazing.

Really a nice job and I can't wait to see what you put out next. It's great to see how far you've come along too, if only I could figure out how to magically get some artistic talent and advance in Illustrator as quickly.

I'm not digging the logo, but I love how those colors come together on a baseball template, especially the road and alt uni's. I think that the navy jersey would be a sweet White Sox jersey if they ever wanted to abandon black and go back to navy. In fact, I think with a little re-tooling, this whole concept could turn into a fine white-sox proposal.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

what is the navy blue spot on his face? I suppose a shadow of sorts, but just looks awkward to me. Otherwise this is incredible!!

Looks like the cub's shedding a giant tear.

It looks like that cub just saw Bartman drop that foul ball. :D

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm not here looking at concepts too often, but when I see Cubs I often take a look. As a Cub fan -- and a traditionalist -- I really like the direction you're taking their uniforms. I've been thinking ever since they put navy on the BPs that a double blue Cubs uni is a future possibility. With the Royals and Blue Jays abandoning the scheme to incorporate black, I wouldn't mind the Cubs going that route. The old light blue roads (with and without pinstripes) are still some of my favorites and the only red on those were the C on the cap and later the red circle on the logo at left. I'd really like to see the Cubs emphasize blue more and get away a bit (if not completely) from the red.

What I'd love to see is more of a transition from the current set to yours. Something in between so it's not so drastic.

Excellent work, though.

Alright, what can I say that hasn't been said???

Let's start with the "less than favourable" with a touch of humour:

Is that Cub "Passing" a baseball? Ouch!

:P

I also, am not sold to this version of the Cub.

I like your illustrtion style, as always, I just find th position quite awkward.

I love the wordmark and the colour scheme, although I'm not sure the blue of the ALT is that great as the main colour.

The over look is an "A" (you can still get an A+ with a little tweaking of the Bear)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The concept C looks a bit like the Chicago Rush arena font.

And being a Cubs fan, I don't know what to think about the concept. I like the new logo you came up with, as it is more aggressive a cub than the one on the C. However, something about the jerseys doesn't exactly rub me the right way.

But good effort.

AAO, I know I dick around with a lot of your concepts and make fun and such but this one I am really diggin. This is really solid work my man. I love the style you decided to go with the bear, there are few minor tweaks but I really love it. The baseball tie in has been the best you've done so far for this project, it looks like it belongs in the logo. I am loving the uniform and while the color set is a liiiiittle Memphis Grizz, I really enjoy this. Great work bud, I only expect to see great things from you in the future. Keep it up.

Archived