EA Sports to produce Arena Football Video Game

Gary

cant wait to see this bad boy.. you know if EA Sports can make a Rugby (Rugby 2005 was horrible. the older game was much much better) and Cricket game, than I dont have a problem with a CFL or NLL game. (although I miss the New York Saints.)

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

cant wait to see this bad boy.. you know if EA Sports can make a Rugby (Rugby 2005 was horrible. the older game was much much better) and Cricket game, than I dont have a problem with a CFL or NLL game. (although I miss the New York Saints.)

But those games have worldwide appeal minus North America. I can justify EA spending the money and making the game due to the large audience. Where's the appeal for the AFL outside of the United States?

I think it's kind of interesting that EA gets a part of the proceeds from any league expansion ( at least that's how i interpret the press release). It's similar to how the AFL structured its deal with NBC, giving the network a stake in the league's success. That's a good deal for the AFL, because it gives them very powerful allies in trying to make the league viable.

Anyway, the game should be cool.

When I read the story I thought it was kind of dumb. But after second thought I think it will be fun. You can score from anywhere on the field, and you dont look like your rubbing it in if you go for it on fourth down. Lets face it not many people like to play defense in Madden. I like all offense all the time.

It also should provide some added intrest to the league.

I just hope they have defunct AFL teams as well as AF2 teams. Should be cool seeing the Albany Conquest versus the Albany Firebirds. But with the defunct teams they should at least unlock the teams

Now all we need is a CFL...game and I'll be happy

My sentiments EXACTLY!

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I think they tried to rush the Rugby 2003 game out for the Rugby World Cup that year, and it showed. That was an awful game visually. Needed another 6 months development at least.

I think if you look at the size of the US games market and the games market for a rugby or cricket game, then the size of the market isn't that different.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

As long as they use the Madden engine and not the NFL Street engine, it should be pretty good. One of the things I hated about the Kurt Warner game was that the game was more like street ball then real Arena Football.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

All Kurt Warners game was was NFL Blitz, on a slightly smaller field with boards around. It was poorly done.

I've been waiting for an AFL game with the Madden engine for some time. I hope they eventually come out with an NLL game, as CC said, although I would think it'd be a tough game to get a hang of.

IUe6Hvh.png

My sentiments EXACTLY!

Maximum Football is suppose to make it's debut next month. It will have rules for American, Canadian and Arena football, but it's strictly for the PC.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

My sentiments EXACTLY!

Maximum Football is suppose to make it's debut next month. It will have rules for American, Canadian and Arena football, but it's strictly for the PC.

Except zero licenses, meaning you'll have to rename all the teams and import your own logos.

Hopefully the guy who's making it had enough foresight to include commentary for the real team names of the CFL, NFL, AFL, etc... so that when you edit your team name to the real name, it says the real name.

That's assuming there will actually be commentary in that game.

Regardless, it appears to be pretty cool... even if the player models do look a little wonky.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

My sentiments EXACTLY!

I can't wait for maximum football, its looks great.

1zqy8ok.gif

Archived