Stripes...Does This Bother Anyone Else?

LogoFan

Looking at the Colts, Jets and Vikings, something is driving me crazy...

Do the shoulder stripes look to anone else like they're incomplete?

I understand that the make/cut of the jersey may be the "excuse" used, but honesly, it just looks bad to me. It looks like the team couldn't afford to continue the stripes down like they should go.

The worst violators are the Vikings: some go all the way under the arm like they should, some stop short & some stop very short.

Here are my observations, with corrections.

Stripe_Inconsistencies2.gif

Am I the only one bothered by this?

Maybe it's just a logistcs thing for some teams? I mean, when player is on the field wearing the jersey, the part without the striping(under the armpit) is not really visible, especially when the player has his arms down. I could be totally off, just an idea...

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

It bothers me to no end that the stripes don't go all the way around, the panthers somehow managed to make it happen I don't why the other teams can't. Look at old pictures of these uniforms, the shoulder stripes go all the way around the top of the arm and it looks better. The Vikings are the worst offenders, the offensive lineman and some of the defense lineman have like 4 inches of stripes that barely gets past the shoulder numbers, It's not the same uniform that Daunte or Randy wears. I don't know why it bothers me but it does.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

The Rams also have pretty much no trouble. I think it is the placements of the stripes. Whether or not the stripe goes on the sleever or shoulder cut of the jersey that is.

What the Jets have is probably forced by the cut, but it looks fine.

What the Vikings and Colts have is forced by the cut and looks bad.

so much for consistency...btw, I'm sure somebody's noticed this before, but watching today's AFC Divisional game (GO PATS!), the Colts have a couple of defensive linemen and/or linebckers whose blue shoulders stripes actually connect at the front shoulders of the jersey, like a "V". Anyone else notice this? You would think that for a league that fines its players thousands of dollars for wearing their socks the wrong way, there'd be more consistency...

so much for consistency...btw, I'm sure somebody's noticed this before, but watching today's AFC Divisional game (GO PATS!), the Colts have a couple of defensive linemen and/or linebckers whose blue shoulders stripes actually connect at the front shoulders of the jersey, like a "V". Anyone else notice this? You would think that for a league that fines its players thousands of dollars for wearing their socks the wrong way, there'd be more consistency...

I noticed that too.

Thanks for pointing that one out...I knew there was another example, but I couldn't remember what it was.

When if see this:

Jets_stripes_example.gif

...it just makes me want to fix the stripes, as they look (to me) to be incomplete. I feel like the stripes should at least go down farther, if not completely.

It's kind of like pants that are too short. If the stripes are to be short (as per the examples), maybe the ends need to be tapered instead of blunt cut-offs. I dunno. Just my personal gripe.

Sigh. Maybe I need to pick up the phone and call "Stripe-Fixers Anonymous". :wacko:

Bothers me, too. It completely annoying, and the fact that different players have different versions drives me absolutely bonkers.

I'll come to the meetings with you.

"My name is JR, and I hate stupid stripes on football jerseys."

All - "Hi, JR"

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived