Want to name an AIFL team?

lost_limey

I suggested the Rebels because they're, you know, Southern.

Living in Richmond I know for one that the Rebels would never be chosen. I think it is a great name, but we have had all sort of problems with reference to the Confederacy here. Lots of people in Richmond are not too keen on the history that abounds in this town and want to get as far away from Conferate references as possible. We have a road that runs through the heart of the city called Monument Ave that has statues of Conferate Generals from VA, and that, to many, is way too much. I personally love the history of this city and can look at is as history and not hate.

I would love to see the name Rebels picked but it just wouldn't happen without A LOT of protest.

I submitted Cancer Sticks, because the entire city of Richmond smells like a pack of cigarettes. Actually, I submitted Stonewalls, a Civil War reference. Sounds good for a football team, too. If I win, you can have my free season tickets, lost limey.

Ouch...and not true! <_<

I suppose if you live there, you may be immune to the smell by now... and it may have de-funkified in the 5 or 10 years since I've been there, but as a kid I remember going there for the first time and being blown away by the stench.

If you drive by Phillip Morris then yes you can small the cigarettes and tobacco, but that is off of 95 going towards Petersburg. Sorry I can be a bit defensive about my hometown!

Brian, you should submit your Kodiaks design to them.

That is the name I submitted to them. If it happens to get picked I will definitely look into it. I would have to really get working on the logo as I am not really all that happy with it at the moment. We shall see.

too bad i'm no longer in Virginia or I might be able to visit Richmond and take a look at the historical stuff around the close area, but as a thought i submitted "Rebel Capitals" you know since Richmond was the primary capital during the Civil War. But i doubt it'll catch on ya know?

I submitted rebels, too, along with capitals, renegades (from the old ECHL franchise of the same name), governors and pioneers. But from the looks of the way everyone immidiately thinks of Rebels, its the obvious unanimous choice, I think, barring any protest as stated earlier.

Of my submissions, I like Governors and Pioneers the most, they are unique, I think. I'd like to see what kind of logo they'd come up with for the Governors though.

~UJ

Archived