Opinions and Suggestions

glazebal

Nice--the logo does look like it comes out at you--good depth--which sport(s) is this for?

THis would certainly suit some sports bettr--for example it would look great on a hockey jersey--but may have too much detail for a football helmet-meaning you could use this as the primary--but lose some detail for the helmet.

The second wordmark is much better--I take the first one to have rivets or something like that--but it just looks like a poor colouring job...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Wow that's really nice!!! I like the font w/o the dots, 2nd logo looks clean.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Just curious what you guys think, also which one of these wordmarks looks better with the design.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dieselsample.jpg

dieselsample2.jpg

I think the first wordmark works best with tho logo. I am assuming those dots are supposed to represent rivets or screws (if not, sorry, just my interpretation), and that style fits well, in my opinion, with the "mechanical" theme of the train. Awesome look though.

Also, if i could make ONE suggestion, and its simply asthetic, tone down the transparency level of your watermark, its causing a bit of confusion on ur artwork.

~UJ

...may have too much detail for a football helmet-meaning you could use this as the primary--but lose some detail for the helmet.

If two mirror image stickers of just the train part were used on a helmet, with the rear of the trains meeting in the back (like the old Seahawks, but on an angle) it would look pretty sweet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the train is too detailed. I think the font is a bit ordinary. I can't really suggest how I would improve this, other than doing something different.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I think the font should be more angular and aggressive and modern for a name like DIESEL. Similarly, i think the train is too ornate. Simplification would do this logo good.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Actually, I don't really mind the DIESEL font, but I'll agree it looks miles better without the rivets.

For the train itself, it could do with a bit less....ummm.....stuff. There is a lot of detail there, maybe a little less would give it a more streamlined look, perhaps?

As a final note, the purple you used is quite nice, but a tad dark. Maybe try lightening it up a bit to better contrast from the black.

Looking pretty good, though. I likes.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

I think the train is too detailed and I don't care for the positioning of the "Southern Tier" lettering. It screws with the perspective of the train too much, in my opinion. I would try putting the "Southern Tier" on top of or below the "Diesel."

Other than that, excellent work.

Archived